Bus Discussion (2019-)

Started by ajw373, January 03, 2019, 10:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvan Loves Buses

Given how I saw tanks against the depot fence should also imply that they have been replacing them over the years anyway right?

L94UBbusfan

Quote from: Barry Drive on July 01, 2024, 10:08:44 AMNo, it doesn't mean that at all - for many reasons.

Two things: (1) ACTION is well aware that there is a 20 year limit on the GAS TANKS (not the buses)

(2) there was a question about this in the ACT Assembly in May. Chris Steel said that he would "take on notice" the specifics of what is required to be retired by when. Once that information is published to Hansard, I will post it here.

1. I am aware that ACTION is aware and it's the tanks not the buses. As I mentioned in my post it MAY be possible that the tanks from newer retired L94s have been used to replace older tanks, therefore meaning older buses can continue to operate.

2. I haven't heard about the question asked so thanks for the extra information surrounding the matter.

I mainly want to know how much longer the older L94s will be in service for, and whether they will be retired at the 20 year mark exactly, or when new buses enter service. I know you guys are the experts, which is why I come here to ask my questions.

Barry Drive

Quote from: L94UBbusfan on July 01, 2024, 06:10:17 PMI mainly want to know how much longer the older L94s will be in service for ...
So essentially what you're asking is whether there is any additional information regarding bus withdrawals in the next 6 months which hasn't already been posted in the forum?

Short answer: NO

Can we move on now? At least until Chris Steel's reply is posted to Hansard.

L94UBbusfan

Might be a bit of a random question but does anyone know why a STAG has never had an AOA?

Bus 400

Buses 693 & 697 haven't had their registration renewed. I'm assuming this means these buses have been withdrawn. 

Bus967

It makes me wonder considering of the alleged collapse of BusTec Anybody know what's happening with the current fleet or other buses?