General Discussion

Started by Buzz Killington, April 02, 2008, 06:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

This evening at the Woden bound Platform 1 at City Interchanges, Buses 370,387 & 373 were all full. 323 was the first bus that came along & left 50% empty. Apparently 2 buses didn't turn up. This was around 16:30

Forgot to mention that a Scania driver just made the right turn into City Interchange at the ex-Greater Union site.

The Love Guru

Quote from: TP 3000 on April 01, 2009, 05:45:12 PM
This evening at the Woden bound Platform 1 at City Interchanges, Buses 370,387 & 373 were all full. 323 was the first bus that came along & left 50% empty. Apparently 2 buses didn't turn up. This was around 16:30

Forgot to mention that a Scania driver just made the right turn into City Interchange at the ex-Greater Union site.

Can you tell me what is discussion worthy about this practice?? I assume it was coming down Bunda street from Northbourne Ave, if this is the case it is totally normal!

Bus 400

That was merely an observation. But just to make sure, you are aware that the left lane is blocked from Bunda Street intersection to near the next Platform?

*We are now discussing that item*

The Love Guru

Yes i am totally aware of that! I make this turn on a daily basis without issue, its a good test of ones judgement to avoid the sign in the middle of the road.

Bus 400

Well this time the sign guy was standing behind the Give Way sign, usually he is standing right on the edge of the intersection. This bus just made it round, as I was about to help him reverse back-stop inbound Bunda Street traffic & guide him around.

Irisbus Rider

Ha ha ha. I still, to this day, swear it was not my fault, ha.

I recently caught 760, and I noticed this going especially fast, as the engine just didn't stop revving in 3rd gear. Odd.
Unfortunately, most of the drivers will keep away from that bus like the plague, it's a major dog (apprently).

Snorzac

There's one guy that is always driving it, big fella. Ticket machine always buggers up on him and he puts a ticket saying free into it.

Bus 400

I have had that happen with the back set in a few PR100.2's MkI's. Which isn't fun when the whole seat moves forward.

At least 760's Days are numbered when the next batch of buses start arriving.

lukeo25

has any noticed 359 a black bike rack, i have noticed it twice when i have seen it

Irisbus Rider

And of course, the buspedition about 2 years ago, Mat or Bubzie might remember the seat shenanegans we had on that trip!

TP3000; The next batch of buses, at this stage, might be a year away., but yes, when they arrive, it will be going going gone.....

Black bike rack on a Scania? Interesting, thanks for the info there.
Maybe they no longer make the yellow ones? ???

Snorzac

http://actbus.net/forum/index.php?topic=618.0
Refer to reply 41 guys.

Next post will be 500 posts for the General Discussion thread!

bubzie

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on April 02, 2009, 09:31:40 PM
And of course, the buspedition about 2 years ago, Mat or Bubzie might remember the seat shenanegans we had on that trip!

I remember that!

He broke a seat, for those playing along at home

Snorzac

John Tokaji, the expert bus seat breaker.

bubzie

Oh, andddddd, i saw this today, in 950.

Note: Attachment has expired.

Irisbus Rider

What is it with me and seats, is it just my larger than usual behind?

GOLD!!! Also, seen interesting messages behind the driver in 918 and 904 as well.
Oh, sorry Renault PR100.3, I must have forgotten about that post of yours.

Snorzac

what is it, I can't really see, it's to blurry.

Irisbus Rider

It appreas to be a Network map of Melbourne's Connex (Railway) Network and a promotion for Connex improving the railway network.

Bus 400

I knew advertising in/on buses was down. But why would Connex be advertising in an ACTION Bus?

Snorzac

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on April 02, 2009, 09:53:24 PM
It appreas to be a Network map of Melbourne's Connex (Railway) Network and a promotion for Connex improving the railway network.

...and it got there how?

Irisbus Rider

Maybe the Connex Promotional Officer got lost? Who knows.......

Trolleybusracer

Quote from: Renault PR100.3 on April 02, 2009, 09:55:56 PM
Quote from: Irisbus Rider on April 02, 2009, 09:53:24 PM

...and it got there how?

heh Its been there for a while  ;D

Buzz Killington

well obviously *someone* put it there.

And if 760 was such "a dog" surely they would've flogged it already? They've sold off some half decent .2's

Buzz Killington

discussion on selling ACTION buses has been split into a new topic - i think it has some potential for a decent amount of discussion

Bus 400

For that Tidbinbilla Extravaganza, 5 MAN Buses were sent out to Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve as shuttle buses.

The surprising thing was that I was heading north up Drakeford (going past Bonython) when I spotted them. So I decided to do a u-turn & follow them, but I didn't catch up to them until Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve & Paddy's River Road (or whatever it is called out there) is a 100k road. I had planned to do the best "Where Is It." But I was stopped at the gate as I had my doggie in the car.

Buzz Killington

out of interest, why do you always take your dog in the car?

Bus 400

He loves his car rides & we end our drive at Tuggers Dog Park. I don't always take him, as when I go shopping he stays home.

Irisbus Rider

How very strange. I have been told no ACTION buses are allowed in the Murrumbidgee valley, because the ACTION radios don't receive reception out there, but this must obviously be wrong.....Interesting.

Bus 400

I thought that it would just be those tiny mini-buses. I got a shock when I saw that.

But I am aware that radio networks have been improved in the Brindabella's. Anyway if all 5 stay together, if something goes wrong one should spot if one mucks up.

Also it was an ACT Government event & this would be a chance to show their nice new buses.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on April 02, 2009, 09:48:47 PM
GOLD!!! Also, seen interesting messages behind the driver in 918 and 904 as well.
Not in 904 anymore.

Sir Pompously

I seemingly found a Epping to Chatswood Rail Link brochure in a 100.2, now how did that get there? :D :P

Snorzac

The ACTION website is down

Carrie

I missed a perfect photo shot today because I left my camera at home! :'( It would have been a beauty of John holding a mannequin dressed as a bus superviser. Drat! But thanks for your help John, with carrying things out to the car and helping put things away when the Canberra Heritage Bus Open Day finished today. Well done. :)

Irisbus Rider

Yes, what a shame that photo opportunity was missed!

Thank you to yourself and all of the lovely people at RATEC, what a wonderful exhibition you had. Thoroughly enjoyed it, as I'm sure many other people did. And it's my absolute pleasure to help out with such a worthy cause!

Buzz Killington

I hope the open days went well, i wanted to get along to see it but unfortunately i was unable to get away from the office this week!

Carrie

The Open days for the Canberra Bus Heritage went off exceptionally well, thank you for asking. We were all very pleased with the number of people who came. All the comments were positive so it was well worth the effort. But I'm not doing it again for a few years, there is so much organising to do it's unbelievable! Still it was fun. :D

Buzz Killington

Good to hear! For those who missed it, here is an article from the Canberra times the other day..

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bus 400

The RATEC guys made the comment that that was the first time that Eddie had ever worn that hat-he use to wear a different hat.

Bus 400

I am wondering wether all Public Holiday shifts were filled today. I ask this as I only saw 2 people at bus stops between Tuggeranong & Amaroo & they were all waiting for buses that were due 5-10 minutes before & as I followed that route I never saw that bus.

Barry Drive

Quote from: TP 3000 on April 10, 2009, 08:41:42 PM
I am wondering wether all Public Holiday shifts were filled today. I ask this as I only saw 2 people at bus stops between Tuggeranong & Amaroo & they were all waiting for buses that were due 5-10 minutes before & as I followed that route I never saw that bus.
As per usual, I don't understand WTF you are trying to say. Bus stops between Tuggeranong and Amaroo?? This must be a very long bus route.

Buzz Killington

I assume that he meant that he saw two people at bus stops at one location or another between the two areas, stopped, consulted his timetable, noted that the bus was due some time ago, and upon following the route from the opposite direction to the bus, did not come across it.

Bus 400

2 different stops, 1 on the 962 (Kambah) & one for 958 (Amaroo). Also I already knew the 962 times & had a fair idea about the 958.

Bus 400

It looks as if someone is upset over the 6 being overcrowded. This note is attached to the bus stop on McCaughey Street Turner (City Bound) just before the Barry Drive lights.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Rad D

when is the new timetable coming out

Bus 400

Quote from: Rad D on April 11, 2009, 08:30:07 PM
when is the new timetable coming out

It looks as if it won't be until end of May now. They had the timetables all ready, but the work hasn't been finished yet.

Bus 129 had a lot of greyish smoke coming out the back as it pulled out of Tuggeranong Interchange today on an Intertown. Also 978's bus communication radio doesn't work & they have to use a portable to hear anything.

Irisbus Rider

There will be a few, there will be a 'Belconnen Changes' one out in May but nothing other than Belconnen changes will be updated. A major timetable upgrade is expected in July.

Bus 400

With some route alterations including the 2 & 3 in City Interchange. The thing is I was told that they are only now asking for drivers comment on the network. So alot of July upgrades have to do with drivers comments (well that is my jist of it anyway).

Irisbus Rider

About time they fix up City Interchange, what a shambles.

Bus 400

Most likely all in due time. The shift I was on today, had a 4 come into City Interchange at 17:21 & for that bus to leave Platform 5 for a 300 to Belconnen Interchange at 17:30. However during that 9 minutes 3/4 other 300 series buses arrive & depart & the bus had no where to park for that time. He ended up parking at Platform 4 until the 2 other 300 buses left & he then pulled in. But this held back an 8.

Bus 400

Bus 388's gas pod cover has a hole in it from hitting an interchange platform & Bus 387's doors have a few problems of not closing properly due to someone not securing the top bolts securely. & the bolts have moved forward.

Snorzac

Don't know what happened with 388. All I can think of is it may have been riding a bit higher than usual and has clipped the top at Woden.

326 also has a hole in the pod.