May 20, 2019, 11:14:59 pm

Tram Discussion

Started by Barry Drive, April 21, 2019, 02:44:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

This topic relates to the Trams/Vehicles, not the system.

To begin with: Canberra Metro claim their trams have WiFi on board. The one I was on today (006) certainly didn't. The air conditioning also wasn't working, but a technician got on board outside the depot and managed to get it working by about Nullarbor Ave.

triumph

The LRVs now have module identification underlined, with fleet number below, inside each module.

Module identifications are C1 - S1 - R - S2 - C2. This is slightly different from identification used by CAF (Mc-S-T-S-Mc).

Riding recently on several, orientation varied vehicle to vehicle, with LRV004 noted being reversed between 24th and 26th. This is very likely due to the Depot junction layout (eg an LRV commencing the day at Gungahlin and finishing the day at Alinga St would end up reversed when back in the Depot). Frequent random reversals would be a good thing as wear would be evened out (especially considering the dominant effect on wear by the one really sharp curve, Flemington/Federal Highway).

Busnerd

Quote from: triumph on April 28, 2019, 04:09:33 pmThe LRVs now have module identification underlined, with fleet number below, inside each module.

Module identifications are C1 - S1 - R - S2 - C2. This is slightly different from identification used by CAF (Mc-S-T-S-Mc).
Those were all installed prior to revenue service commencement, so not sure it's really a matter of them 'now' having it, as far as the public is concerned they always did.

triumph

Quote from: Busnerd on April 28, 2019, 10:12:39 pmThose were all installed prior to revenue service commencement, so not sure it's really a matter of them 'now' having it, as far as the public is concerned they always did.

Ok Ok I wasn't wearing my pedantry hat.

A while ago I attended a technical interest group's inspection. At that time someone in the group asked about module identification and (though the fleet already had numbers) this appeared to be an entirely new thought to our host. Thus the word 'now' popped into my mind without deep consideration.

The point of course, is that modules are identified and the identification system used is now on the Forum record.