Website | Forum | Gallery | Fleet Wiki
ACT Bus Forum

Artics on Saturdays

Offline Barry Drive

• Obscurantist
Artics on Saturdays
« on: January 12, 2019, 12:26:28 PM »
It has been brought to my attention that some Saturday shifts will now be allocated as articulated buses.

In keeping with the forum policy, specific runs will not be identified.

So far I've seen 512 & 528. Unknown how many there will be.

Offline King of Buses

• Shut up, K-9!
    • My Flickr Account
Re: Artics on Saturdays
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 12:30:08 PM »
523 and 526 are also out.

Offline Bus 503

• The best bus in the ACTION fleet
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 01:05:51 PM »
514 and 520 are out today.

Offline Busnerd

• ACT BUS
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 06:05:36 PM »
About time, they really should run exclusive 200 and 300 shifts on weekends that do only those runs and allocated larger vehicles, this way would enable them to add capacity without changing any timetables, and making sure the high capacity vehicles stay where they're needed and don't end up on quiet weekend loops.

Offline Toyota Camry

• Hybrid
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 10:03:26 PM »
It is beyond ridiculous if artics are allocated on Saturdays, but not on Sundays; route 300 is extremely stretched on Sundays as there is a 33.3% reduction in service compared to a Saturday, this is due to the Cohen Street Bus Station to Woden Bus Station trips not operating.

It seems that Saturday is becoming the "deluxe" weekend day for bus services, with high capacity buses and more frequent trips operating, yet Sunday is stuck with short buses and fewer services.

Offline triumph

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 10:22:47 PM »
Apparently the 2 axle buses only need MR licenced drivers, whereas the bigger buses with 3 axles need drivers with HR licenses. Add in the voluntary aspect of weekend driver rostering - is this an influence on artic assigning?

Offline Busnerd

• ACT BUS
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 10:11:32 AM »
That is correct, the "STAGs" and Articulated vehicles do require a HR licence to drive. I believe TC does pay an allowance to drivers operating larger vehicles but unsure how that works, if it's added onto your hourly wage whilst driving them or just all the time.