Summer Holidays Timetable 2018-19

Started by Busfanatic101, November 19, 2018, 09:22:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Busfanatic101

I note Christmas Routes/timetable has been loaded onto Google Maps.
Only had a brief look but appears largely the same as last year - ie. reduced services of renumbered weekend routes

Barry Drive

Details of Nightrider for 2018 have been released. Much the same as last year - Red and Blue Rapid routes running Friday and Saturday nights plus NYE.

https://www.transport.act.gov.au/news/news-and-events-items/november-2018/festive-season-late-night-rapid-services

Bus 400

This week the holiday timetables were uploaded to the TC website. The biggest change is the 53 will run on Christmas Day.

https://www.transport.act.gov.au/getting-around/timetables/holiday-services-2018

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk


Barry Drive

Timetable booklet now available from the usual outlet(s).

Busfanatic101

Nice to wake up to the unexpected sound of a lost Christmas bus stopped right outside to check it's GPS :)

Bus 503

It appears that most of the buses out today are CB80 Scanias, Bustech Scanias and Volgren Scanias, all from Belconnen depot. Have only spotted one CB60 MAN (429).

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Bus 503 on December 25, 2018, 11:13:17 am
It appears that most of the buses out today are CB80 Scanias, Bustech Scanias and Volgren Scanias, all from Belconnen depot. Have only spotted one CB60 MAN (429).

Why would they all be out of Belco? Is the idea that having just one depot open needs fewer staff?
It didn't occur to me at the time but the 84 I saw today, along with the two I saw last year were all belco buses, despite being Tuggeranong routes

Bus 400

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on December 25, 2018, 03:19:15 pm
Why would they all be out of Belco? Is the idea that having just one depot open needs fewer staff?
It didn't occur to me at the time but the 84 I saw today, along with the two I saw last year were all belco buses, despite being Tuggeranong routes
It alternates each year which depot runs the buses. This does mean only one set of backend staff are required.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk


Busfanatic101

Quote from: Bus 400 on December 25, 2018, 04:32:47 pm
It alternates each year which depot runs the buses. This does mean only one set of backend staff are required.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

That makes sense. And upon checking, my comments about last year's buses were incorrect, they were Tuggeranong buses, which fits with this (for some reason I'd thought 604 and 605 were belco but they aren't).

Bus 503

I've noticed that the shifts for the 2018-2019 summer holidays reduced timetable have similarities with the 2017-2018 summer holidays reduced timetable--particular trips that I remember being serviced with ARTICs and STAGs last year continue being serviced by those same bus types this year.
Is this year's timetable a copy of last year's?

Sylvan Loves Buses

I believe the holiday timetable is pretty much the same as the network timetable just with subtle time changes and removing the last trip from every suburban route, so going by that I would imagine it probably is.

Toyota Camry

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on January 11, 2019, 03:09:47 pm
I believe the holiday timetable is pretty much the same as the network timetable just with subtle time changes and removing the last trip from every suburban route, so going by that I would imagine it probably is.

Incorrect; the chief difference is reduced peak services, many routes have dropped from 20 to 30 minutely, or some extensions do not operate; one of these is route 252 between City Bus Station and Railway Station.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Yeah well I didn't account for peak, I know how different that is. I was merely looking at the services that have hour gaps, they haven't changed much. Other than that, I haven't looked that much into it, mostly cause I don't care and I'm waiting for it to change back cause I could've sworn the holiday timetables the years in the past only went for the first few days or first week of the new year, not the first 2 weeks...