October 15, 2019, 04:30:16 pm

IKEA, Canberra

Started by Bus 503, December 05, 2015, 07:23:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bus 503

December 05, 2015, 07:23:23 pm Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 05:06:35 am by Bus 503
With IKEA Canberra having just opened, this is a thread with discussion on IKEA Canberra.


To start off with, I found this on the ground the other day. It was very surprising.




Bus 400

Some small & large side ads have started appearing on the sides of buses.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk


Sylvan Loves Buses

What IS IKEA anyway? My mum's been telling me about it for some time now, and was excited to hear one was coming here (in the most inconvenient place of course...) but what is it exactly? All I know is it's something American. ???

Bus 503

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on December 06, 2015, 02:31:33 am
What IS IKEA anyway? My mum's been telling me about it for some time now, and was excited to hear one was coming here (in the most inconvenient place of course...) but what is it exactly? All I know is it's something American. ???


IKEA, is a Swedish furniture company who make home appliances like chairs, tables and beds.

The word IKEA is actually an acronym and it stands for the farm where the founder lived, as well as his first name, and the City he lived in.

If you don't know where IKEA is located in Canberra, it is somewhere on Spitfire or Catalina Drive, Majura Park. (Near COSTCO)

Quote from: Bus 400 on December 05, 2015, 10:34:44 pm
Some small & large side ads have started appearing on the sides of buses.






I have only noticed them on the new SCANIA's.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Cool, thanks.

Quote from: Bus 503 on December 06, 2015, 05:15:57 am
IKEA is located in Canberra, it is somewhere on Spitfire or Catalina Drive, Majura Park. (Near COSTCO)


I know, I saw it a few weeks ago when I was at Campbell Offices, all the trees, wildlife and wilderness, then this giant IKEA smack bang in the middle.  ;)

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Bus 503 on December 05, 2015, 07:23:23 pm
To start off with, I found this on the ground the other day.


Gross

Quote from: Bus 503 on December 05, 2015, 07:23:23 pm
It was very surprising.


Why?

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on December 06, 2015, 02:31:33 am
All I know is it's something American. ???


It's Swedish.

Quote from: Bus 503 on December 06, 2015, 05:15:57 am
IKEA, is a Swedish furniture company who make home appliances like chairs, tables and beds.


Appliances are generally electrical or mechanical..

Quote from: Bus 503 on December 06, 2015, 05:15:57 am
If you don't know where IKEA is located in Canberra, it is somewhere on Spitfire or Catalina Drive, Majura Park. (Near COSTCO)


Doesn't sound like you know where it is either. It's on the corner of Majura Road and Medhung Road.

The Love Guru

December 06, 2015, 07:55:51 pm #6 Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 07:56:06 pm by The Love Guru
The only thing worse than no information is bad information.