March 21, 2019, 12:33:51 am

List of Old Blades/Pegs

Started by Bus 503, September 17, 2015, 08:11:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bus 503

September 17, 2015, 08:11:14 pm Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:34:25 pm by Bus 503
Hi everyone,

I thought it might be a good idea to create a list of wooden pegs and blades still surviving in the ACT. If you sight any, please post here and a list below will be updated. If you sight any wooden pegs and old blades that have been recorded here but have recently been removed, please also post here so we can get rid of them from the list.

Thank you.


Blades:
Gawler Crescent (Senior Girls Grammar Deakin) - (Normal Old Blade)
Sturt Avenue [residential street] Narrabundah (Normal Old Blade)
Sturdee Crescent Monash (Normal Old Blades)
Wakefield Avenue Dickson (Normal Old Blade with Green Seats - bus stops fully intact)#
Sidney Nolan Street Conder (Normal Old Blade)
Heidelberg Street Conder (Normal Old Blade)#
Cliaunthus Street Lyneham/O'Connor (Normal Old Blade)
Scrivener Street O'Connor (Normal Old Blade)
Doonkuna Street Reid (Normal Old Blade + SSO flag)#
Denison Street Deakin (Normal Old Blade)#
Allawoona Street Bruce (Normal Old Blade)
University Drive Bruce (Normal Old Blade)
Kevin Street Evatt (NXTBUS Blade + SSO Flag)
Sydney Avenue Barton (NXTBUS Blade)


Pegs:
Matina Street Narrabundah (Yellow/Black signal peg)#
McTaggart Crescent Kambah (Blue/White peg)#
Redfern Street Cook (Yellow/Black peg)
Springvale Drive Weetangara (Yellow/Black peg)#
Maitland Street Hackett (Blue/White peg)#
Scollay Street Greenway (Yellow/Black peg)
White Crescent Campell (Blue/White peg)
Wakefield Avenue Dickson (Yellow/Black signal peg)
Knox Street after Windeyer (Blue/White peg)

Unused Stops (Bus stops that don't fit in any of the other categories):
Dryandra Street O'Connor (Timetable slot, concrete enclosure and sign with no blade intact)
Townshend Street Phillip (Old poles with green seats)
Sturdee Crescent Monash (Poles with signal bus stickers can also be found on this street, in addition to the old blades mentioned above)

Key:
Line through text = Infrastructure removed six months ago or after that. Items listed with line through text will be removed from list soon.
Italics = Infrastructure to be confirmed.
* = Not all infrastructure remains - stops may have been altered and had their signs removed but peg remains.
# = More than one stop on that street has infrastructure still intact.

List last updated: 5/12/2017

King of Buses

Add the peg on Scollay St near Canberra Connect at Tuggeranong.
Old blades on Charterisville Ave, Handysyde St, Sidney Nolan St and Heidelberg St in Conder. Wakefield Ave has an old peg too and a pair of blades close to Cowper St.
SSO peg at Watson Shops, some more in the street behind Hackett Shops.
Old blades Dryandra St, Scrivener St and Clianthus St.
Gungahlin Cemetery too as discussed elswhere.
Fingerboard near Kippax too.


Bus 503

November 07, 2015, 07:19:45 am #3 Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 07:24:46 am by Bus 503
Quote from: King of Buses on October 31, 2015, 09:54:45 pm
Add the peg on Scollay St near Canberra Connect at Tuggeranong.
Old blades on Charterisville Ave, Handysyde St, Sidney Nolan St and Heidelberg St in Conder. Wakefield Ave has an old peg too and a pair of blades close to Cowper St.
SSO peg at Watson Shops, some more in the street behind Hackett Shops.
Old blades Dryandra St, Scrivener St and Clianthus St.
Gungahlin Cemetery too as discussed elswhere.
Fingerboard near Kippax too.


Anywhere specific? (just so that I can add it to the list)

Does Noarlunga Crescent still have its pegs and finger boards or have they been removed?
And does Ivo Whitten and Flagstaff streets still have their pegs?

Here is the Watson peg:

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Majura+Primary+School,+101+Knox+St,+Watson+ACT+2602/@-35.238191,149.153862,3a,66.8y,200.25h,77.26t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sNMcm07MxG2Fo-bgDgmmF5Q!2e0!4m6!1m3!3m2!1s0x6b1652549d66ab33:0x833963e662f10fa0!2sKnox+St,+Watson+ACT+2602!3m1!1s0x6b1652546300def5:0xf7e7df6982b7c082?hl=en

Buzz Killington

The one near Kippax is Moyes Cres.

Pretty sure Noarlunga has blades now but someone else can confirm.

King of Buses

Quote from: Buzz Killington on November 07, 2015, 08:57:53 am
The one near Kippax is Moyes Cres.

Pretty sure Noarlunga has blades now but someone else can confirm.


Noarlunga had blades with SSO flags. Network 14 saw them removed however. The poles are still in place with 'signal bus' stickers.

Bus 503

Quote from: King of Buses on November 07, 2015, 02:11:42 pm
Noarlunga had blades with SSO flags. Network 14 saw them removed however. The poles are still in place with 'signal bus' stickers.


Interesting. Talking about poles with no sign, Parrmatta Street and Townshend Street in Woden still have the poles up with the signal bus sticker as well - and one stop has a seat as well.

Doonkuna Street has a class A shelter and on the other side, is an old blade with a SSO blade underneath. I don't think any school runs go there any more (according to peak hour NXTBUS.)

743

There is still one PM school route that goes via Doonkuna. If you do a custom search of the ACTION site, you should be able to find it.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk


Sylvan Loves Buses

There's also a peg still sitting at the bus stop that sits outside the Narrabundah terminus

King of Buses

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on November 08, 2015, 11:03:45 am
There's also a peg still sitting at the bus stop that sits outside the Narrabundah terminus


Already noted

Quote from: Bus 503 on September 17, 2015, 08:11:14 pm

Pegs
Matina Street Narrabundah
Mc Taggart Crescent Kambah
Redfern street Cook
Ivo Whitten Circuit Gleneagles (UNCONFIRMED)
Springvale Drive Weetangra
Gungahlin Cemetery
Rivett street Hackett
Maitland Street Hackett
Scollay Street Greenway


743

You can delete Gleneagles, Cemetery and Rivett from your list.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk


Buzz Killington

Checked Sturdee Crescent today - still has the three blades on the one side of the road (towards Clive Steele), and three "signal bus" stickers on light/street sign poles roughly opposite each stop on the other side of the road (towards Harricks)

Bus 503

Quote from: Buzz Killington on November 17, 2015, 09:13:16 pm
Checked Sturdee Crescent today - still has the three blades on the one side of the road (towards Clive Steele), and three "signal bus" stickers on light/street sign poles roughly opposite each stop on the other side of the road (towards Harricks)


Much appreciated!

Quote from: Buzz Killington on January 06, 2014, 09:28:42 pm
Spotted a rather sad looking school services peg in Campbell recently.


Don't want to be a bother, but where?

Has anyone checked out Scantlebury Crescent, SSO part of Kingscote Crescent, Kevin Street and Longstay Caravan park? Have they all been updated? (Or infrastructure removed?)

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Bus 503 on November 18, 2015, 06:14:18 am
Don't want to be a bother, but where?


It's quite close to the intersection of Truscott St and White Cr - I think it's on White Cr but no doubt someone else can confirm.

Bus 400

It is right where the red marker is.


King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 503 on November 18, 2015, 06:14:18 am
Has anyone checked out Scantlebury Crescent, SSO part of Kingscote Crescent, Kevin Street and Longstay Caravan park? Have they all been updated? (Or infrastructure removed?)


Kingscote and Scantlebury have SSO attached NXTBUS blades. Nothing else. As does Chippindall just saying.


Barry Drive

That bus stop on White Cres, while it might have most recently been for school services, was also a Weekend Only bus stop in the 1980s.

There was once a weekend route 366 which, for some reason, travelled via Gellibrand St in Campbell instead of Vasey Cres. So there is also a slight chance of additional disused bus stop pegs along Gellibrand St.

Bus 503

Quote from: Barry Drive on November 22, 2015, 01:57:05 pm


There was once a weekend route 366 which, for some reason, travelled via Gellibrand St in Campbell instead of Vasey Cres. So there is also a slight chance of additional disused bus stop pegs along Gellibrand St.


I did a full street view of Gellibrand Street but I didn't see any Bus stop pegs although I'll have a look again soon as I only looked very quickly!

Bus 503

Quote from: Barry Drive on November 22, 2015, 01:57:05 pm
That bus stop on White Cres, while it might have most recently been for school services, was also a Weekend Only bus stop in the 1980s.




School route 849 runs down the full length of White Crescent, so I wonder if people wait at the stop for SR849 and why the stop hasn't been upgraded to flag school services.

Barry Drive

December 24, 2015, 11:45:08 am #20 Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 12:05:32 pm by Barry Drive
Quote from: Bus 503 on November 08, 2015, 06:06:52 am
Interesting. Talking about poles with no sign, Parramatta Street and Townshend Street in Woden still have the poles up with the signal bus sticker as well - and one stop has a seat as well.
This is not just limited to Phillip. There are way too many former bus stop poles (with or without blades) to mention.

Quote from: Buzz Killington on November 07, 2015, 08:57:53 am
The one near Kippax is Moyes Cres.
That stop has now had a regular NXTBUS blade installed.

Can also confirm that Kevin St Evatt has a NXTBUS blade + School Only flag, even though I'm not sure if any school services stop there anymore. Can't say if the peg is still there or not.

Thought it had already been mentioned, but there are (or were) old blades on Denison St Deakin. And I thought there were some on Bonney St, but can't find them on Google street view.

Bus 503

December 24, 2015, 01:55:47 pm #21 Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 03:31:01 pm by Bus 503
Quote from: Barry Drive on December 24, 2015, 11:45:08 am

Can also confirm that Kevin St Evatt has a NXTBUS blade + School Only flag, even though I'm not sure if any school services stop there anymore. Can't say if the peg is still there or not.




These links I found are very helpful. You can see that SR532 serviced Kevin Street in Network 12 so a NXTBUS blade would've been installed at the stop, but wasn't removed.

http://www.action.act.gov.au/school_services/school_services_by_route_number?sq_content_src=%2BdXJsPWh0dHAlM0ElMkYlMkZmaWxlcy50cmFuc3BvcnQuYWN0Lmdvdi5hdSUyRnNjaG9vbHMlMkZzY2hvb2xfcGRmcyUyRlJvdXRlNTMyLnBkZiZhbGw9MQ%3D%3D

http://stmonicas.act.edu.au/srcfiles/Link532Timetable.htm

And I'll edit the list soon for the latest movements on old infrastructure.

King of Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on December 24, 2015, 11:45:08 am
Can also confirm that Kevin St Evatt has a NXTBUS blade + School Only flag, even though I'm not sure if any school services stop there anymore. Can't say if the peg is still there or not.


The peg is not there.

Buzz Killington

The Denison St blades are still in place.

Bus 503

Quote from: King of Buses on January 12, 2016, 09:56:21 pm
The peg is not there.


Are the blades?


Quote from: Buzz Killington on January 13, 2016, 12:02:51 pm
The Denison St blades are still in place.



What type of blades are they? (Fingerboards, normal old ones?)

Barry Drive

January 13, 2016, 12:48:16 pm #25 Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 09:11:25 pm by Barry Drive

King of Buses


King of Buses

At some point in the past 6 months, ALL Handasyde St and Charterisville Ave blades/poles in Conder have been removed. Only some Flexibus and Signal Bus stickers on light poles remain.

The blade at the Layover stop on Sidney Nolan St at Lanyon Marketplace has been removed too, but the pole remains. The other Sidney Nolan blade is still buried amongst the trees...

I didn't check the old Lanyon Vikings Club stop, though. But I'd expect that it too has vanished.

Bus 503

September 04, 2016, 01:45:31 pm #28 Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 02:20:07 pm by Bus 503
Quote from: King of Buses on September 03, 2016, 08:34:10 pm
At some point in the past 6 months, ALL Handasyde St and Charterisville Ave blades/poles in Conder have been removed. Only some Flexibus and Signal Bus stickers on light poles remain.

The blade at the Layover stop on Sidney Nolan St at Lanyon Marketplace has been removed too, but the pole remains. The other Sidney Nolan blade is still buried amongst the trees...

I didn't check the old Lanyon Vikings Club stop, though. But I'd expect that it too has vanished.


Thanks for the information - I will update the list.
It does seem weird that they would get rid of them though, considering that those blades have been left on there for years. I'm also not sure what the need for those blades would be - perhaps ACTION need them.

On another note, has anyone seen the old blade on Sturt Avenue on the residential street? It's located a few hundred meters north of Narrabundah College. I travelled past there a few weeks back and didn't see it. Here's a link to it: https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/St+Benedict's+Primary,+10+Tallara+Pkwy,+Narrabundah+ACT+2604/@-35.3331576,149.14786,3a,83.9y,156.82h,80.09t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1slFtb6GRNLhX240wpMHSBJg!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x6b164c6061751629:0x20bc917c9f8f9165?hl=en-au

Bus 503

ACTION haven't removed the NXTBUS blade at the Sydney Avenue terminus yet and I don't know of any services that still stop there so I will add this one to the list.