December 07, 2019, 08:54:34 am

Weekend changes - 17 October

Started by Barry Drive, August 19, 2015, 11:14:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Barry Drive

Not sure if it has an official title, but rumours about another timetable modification in October 2015 have, for once, proven to be accurate.

No details yet, but once something is officially released I'll post it here.

King of Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on August 19, 2015, 11:14:40 am
Not sure if it has an official title, but rumours about another timetable modification in October 2015 have, for once, proven to be accurate.

No details yet, but once something is officially released I'll post it here.


Rumours I have heard claim that this 'Network' (to rectify shift problems) has been postponed (again) until next year or something because they still aren't happy with draft shifts for the October changes...

Has it ever taking this many attempts before to follow the conditions?

The Love Guru

Taken over 4 years so far and still an ongoing saga.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: King of Buses on August 19, 2015, 12:25:03 pm
Rumours I have heard claim that this 'Network' (to rectify shift problems) has been postponed (again) until next year or something because they still aren't happy with draft shifts for the October changes...



Last week,a driver was saying that it was due in the coming week... although I doubt that will be the case or the public would know about it

The Love Guru

Shifts are available for viewing atm. From what I've seen most shifts appear to comply with the EBA.
Not sure what the grounds are for rejecting the shifts. Numbers of day/split shifts have barely changed so i doubt it's that.
Timetables won't be released until 2 weeks prior to the start of the Network as per previous networks.
No sign of School Holiday or Weekends being updated as yet.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on August 19, 2015, 02:13:14 pm

Last week,a driver was saying that it was due in the coming week... although I doubt that will be the case or the public would know about it


The shifts are due in the coming week, which the public would have no idea (or interest) in..

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Buzz Killington on August 19, 2015, 10:18:18 pm
The shifts are due in the coming week, which the public would have no idea (or interest) in..

So you're telling me that ACTION is capable of redoing all the shifts to meet the standards without affecting any of the service times?

Buzz Killington

No.

I'm saying the shifts were to be provided to the drivers this week. The network itself is not due until October.

Barry Drive

August 20, 2015, 06:57:14 pm #8 Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 07:00:35 pm by Barry Drive
Yes, had they wanted to keep the timetables unchanged they could have.

But since there are still some timetable problems, the opportunity to make adjustments has been taken.

Which will no doubt be cause for more complaints, but I think that frequent adjustments is preferable to having inaccurate timetables which drivers can't achieve.

Barry Drive

Details of the School Service changes effective from 12 October have been posted to the ACTION website. But only school services - no mention of any route or timing changes for regular services.

It also says:

QuoteThe normal weekday network will also change on Monday 12 October. This information will be available from 7 September.


By that, I assume they mean details of the weekday network changes will be announced next week.

Stay tuned.

Bus 503

Networks really are short-lived. 14 lasted September to May, 14.1 lasted 18 May, to early October.... Why can't we have a network like 12 that actually lasted a good year and a half??

Barry Drive

August 31, 2015, 10:40:57 pm #11 Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 11:10:33 am by Barry Drive
Quote from: Bus 503 on August 31, 2015, 10:24:21 pm
Why can't we have a network like 12 that actually lasted a good year and a half??

Refer post #9

The Love Guru

Quote from: Bus 503 on August 31, 2015, 10:24:21 pm
Networks really are short-lived. 14 lasted September to May, 14.1 lasted 18 May, to early October.... Why can't we have a network like 12 that actually lasted a good year and a half??

So you're saying they shouldn't continually improve the network?

Rather just leave a shit network in place and call it good (weekend network is an example of this)

Buzz Killington

https://www.action.act.gov.au/news/news_articles/action-bus-network-timetable-changes-from-monday-12-october

Starts Monday 12 October. 7A deleted. 254, 316 and 766 introduced. (Or reintroduced in the case of the 316)

aidenh37

September 07, 2015, 05:02:09 pm #14 Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 08:59:51 am by Busnerd
Hold on - so there was a 316?

Tapatalk update on Android is crap... I hate this.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Bus 400

Quote from: aidenh37 on September 07, 2015, 05:02:09 pm
Hold on - so there was a 316?

Tapatalk update on Android is crap... I hate this.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Network 1998.

Tapatalk on Android is lovely.

King of Buses

Funny to see the 11 start doing the full Fairbairn Park loop again (or Fairburn Park as it says in some documents for this network...hehe).

My guess would be the 316 is only back because it doesn't have an Xpresso variant? Even still, would've been interesting to have the 317 back too...and maybe a new 344.

Also, the 316 and 16 are STAG approved for the new network too. I'm not sure if these allocations of STAGs are taking into account the bike rack situation too...they still are allocated to a lot of the same runs. In fact they are meant to be allocated to a lot of runs that are approved, but don't usually run at the moment (8, 39, 40, etc.)

Bus 400

It should also be mentioned that Route 2 in City Bus Station is moving platforms to a platform that makes another reappearance in platform 2.

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 400 on September 07, 2015, 06:15:31 pm
It should also be mentioned that Route 2 in City Bus Station is moving platforms to a platform that makes another reappearance in platform 2.


But it still goes out the Mort St way? Does this mean the back of Plat 3 may be the new Plat 2? Cause two loops just to go to the old Plat 2 at the back of Plat 1 on Dickson Bound trips and then up Mort St again seems stupid. The map isn't very clear...

Bus 503

Quote from: King of Buses on September 07, 2015, 07:15:46 pm
But it still goes out the Mort St way? Does this mean the back of Plat 3 may be the new Plat 2? Cause two loops just to go to the old Plat 2 at the back of Plat 1 on Dickson Bound trips and then up Mort St again seems stupid. The map isn't very clear...


Kind of understand where your coming from, probably a network planner had had too much coffee and was starting to lose focus. 8) I don't pay attention to

The "Green Line" and "Gold line" have been 'brought back into ACTION (yes that lame joke/pun.)

I'm going to study the new network maps to find the new changes.

Quote from: King of Buses on September 07, 2015, 05:32:16 pm
Funny to see the 11 start doing the full Fairbairn Park loop again (or Fairburn Park as it says in some documents for this network...hehe).

My guess would be the 316 is only back because it doesn't have an Xpresso variant? Even still, would've been interesting to have the 317 back too...and maybe a new 344.

Also, the 316 and 16 are STAG approved for the new network too. I'm not sure if these allocations of STAGs are taking into account the bike rack situation too...they still are allocated to a lot of the same runs. In fact they are meant to be allocated to a lot of runs that are approved, but don't usually run at the moment (8, 39, 40, etc.)


...31? A stag can run on Marybynong ave (very wide road) and can get round the roundabout South. North would be a problem though.

I found it a bit stupid that they got rid of the 11 going round Laverton. Wasn't convenient for me!!!

King of Buses

September 07, 2015, 08:07:57 pm #20 Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 08:10:32 pm by King of Buses
Quote from: Bus 503 on September 07, 2015, 08:03:51 pm
The "Green Line" and "Gold line" have been 'brought back into ACTION (yes that lame joke/pun.)


Surprised they didn't bring such a name in for the 250 (Pink line anybody?)

Quote from: Bus 503 on September 07, 2015, 08:03:51 pm
...31? A stag can run on Marybynong ave (very wide road) and can get round the roundabout South. North would be a problem though.


Unless the roads are approved for STAGs they cannot run buses (legally) on either direction of the route. I'm not sure how many 31 services would require a STAG passenger wise...

Quote from: Bus 503 on September 07, 2015, 08:03:51 pm

I'm going to study the new network maps to find the new changes.



The only changes there are are listed on the ACTION website (I think)




And I take it I am not alone in not being able to access the 16/316, 54/254, 44/744 and 66/766 timetables?

Buzz Killington

Quote from: King of Buses on September 07, 2015, 05:32:16 pm
would've been interesting to have the 317 back too..


Not needed when they have the 717

Barry Drive

Quote from: King of Buses on September 07, 2015, 08:07:57 pm
Surprised they didn't bring such a name in for the 250 (Pink line anybody?)

There is a reason why they haven't. I'm not sure if it's new, but the timetable maps are now showing 250 and calling it "Route 250 direct".

Quote
And I take it I am not alone in not being able to access the 16/316, 54/254, 44/744 and 66/766 timetables?

There are some URL errors on the timetable pages. You can access these from the following:

https://www.action.act.gov.au/routes-network-15/weekday/pdf/network14_16-316.pdf

https://www.action.act.gov.au/routes-network-15/weekday/pdf/network14_54-254.pdf

https://www.action.act.gov.au/routes-network-15/weekday/pdf/network14_44-744.pdf

https://www.action.act.gov.au/routes-network-15/weekday/pdf/network14_66-766.pdf

The known route directions (based on best available information) from 12 October have now been published on the ACT Bus website. If you discover any possible errors, send me a private message.

Skitube

According to the TOs in the city, route 2 will use the back of platform 3, known as platform 2, when going north. It will go straight out of city along Mort St. SB will continue to use northbourne ave and platform 7

King of Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on September 08, 2015, 11:14:37 am
There are some URL errors on the timetable pages. You can access these from the following:


It has been fixed on all but one of those on the ACTION website (66 - can be accessed via 766 link though). Yes, I notified them.

Bus 400

September 17, 2015, 10:13:42 am #25 Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 10:14:35 am by Bus 400

Barry Drive

Quote from the ACTION website:

QuoteDuring the final driver shift and bus allocation process, it was found the new timetable could not be implemented due to an increase in number of buses required.


But also worth emphasizing: the weekend changes which were to occur are still going ahead. Full details of those will be released shortly.

Buzz Killington

If only they had a depot of unused buses that could be recalled to service....

King of Buses

September 17, 2015, 04:39:59 pm #28 Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 05:32:37 pm by Barry Drive
Quote from: Buzz Killington on September 17, 2015, 12:34:05 pm
If only they had a depot of unused buses that could be recalled to service....


A driver told me they counted all the Darts and other things at Woden...

Bus 503

So I take it that network 14.1 will continue until a suitable solution to timetable changes is found?

I'm kind of wondering whether some of the mapping changes (e.g, 11 going full length of Laverton,) will be implemented.

And just to confirm, the new timetables (that have been deferred) were meant to be implemented due to drivers not receiving breaks between shifts that took longer than 3 hours.

Snorzac

No changes apart from weekends will be implemented.

Every shift is more than three hours, minimum engagement is 4(?) hours I believe, as it is in most work places. One of the drivers might want to correct me (or might not), the clause states that their must be a 10 minute crib break between the second and third hour of a shift. This must be taken somewhere the driver has access to facilities such as a toilet and fresh drinking water I believe.

Barry Drive

The ACTION Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) is available on the internet. It states:

QuoteA driver will access a minimum break of 10 minutes, between the second and third hour, on all pieces of scheduled driving that exceeds three hours. For clarity the second and third hour is determined on "gate to gate" time.


It was mentioned in the Canberra Times article and again on twitter that in order to operate the network as designed, they require 17 additional buses. What has not been mentioned is the base from which this number is derived. In other words, is it 17 in addition to what can be brought back into service or 17 more buses than what is currently operating?



Clearly they would have taken the Darts at Woden into account, but to bring those back would run the risk of not having sufficient passenger capacity, hence the "level of service for customers" statement. Not to mention lack of space at depots and whether there are enough drivers to cover the shifts. (Not saying there are or aren't enough drivers - just wondering whether that is another factor.)

Barry Drive

The weekend changes have been released onto the ACTION website.

Based on the network map, the route changes have been made to 909, 923, 924 and 951 to align with their weekday counterparts; route 958 will have diversions to Bimberi Centre replacing route 982 (but still doesn't travel along Well Station Drive like the 58).

Details, including timetables, here: https://www.action.act.gov.au/weekend-timetable-from-17-october

Bus 400

From Monday 12th October, routes 11 & 792 will start the Network 15 Fairbairn Loop.

See under South Canberra https://www.action.act.gov.au/news/service_updates

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk


Bus 503


Bus 503

Quote from: Bus 400 on October 08, 2015, 05:33:00 pm
From Monday 12th October, routes 11 & 792 will start the Network 15 Fairbairn Loop.

See under South Canberra https://www.action.act.gov.au/news/service_updates

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk


Is stop #918 (Laverton after Glennbrook lane) still in service? NXTBUS shows the stops on Richmond ave and Glenora/Scheger have routes but stop #918 shows no departures found.

743

918 is shown on the timetable map. If you think there's an error, best to let ACTION know.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk