Author Topic: MyWay - general/operational discussion  (Read 32544 times)

Offline Barry Drive

• Administrator
  • May contain traces of sarcasm
Re: MyWay - general/operational discussion
« Reply #200 on: November 12, 2015, 11:42:34 AM »
Advertisement
I was just casually browsing the ACT Gov contracts register and noticed that the Quick & Go store is now a MyWay top-up agent.

But Kippax still doesn't have one.
Was mentioned elsewhere a while ago: Kippax Newsagent is now a MyWay "retail agent".

And now Ainslie Newsagent has been added to the list - the first agency in a local shopping centre. (Still none at Curtin, though.)

Offline Sylvan Loves Buses

• Do it! Just do it!
« Reply #201 on: February 18, 2017, 04:33:27 PM »
I just read the latest TC email alert update, and something about it doesn't quite makes sense - to me at least.

Trial to exit from the rear door on Red Rapid bus services now in effect

As from Monday 13 February 2017, customers are now able to exit the bus using both the front and rear doors at all stops on Red Rapid 200 services as part of an one month trial.

Ok, it's only 1 month, but still what's the point? Aren't the trams going to be replacing the Red Rapid in the next few years anyway, why not do it for the Blue Rapid or something, cause that's still going to keep going.

Offline Bus 400

• Contributor
« Reply #202 on: February 18, 2017, 06:42:53 PM »
I just read the latest TC email alert update, and something about it doesn't quite makes sense - to me at least.

Ok, it's only 1 month, but still what's the point? Aren't the trams going to be replacing the Red Rapid in the next few years anyway, why not do it for the Blue Rapid or something, cause that's still going to keep going.
In a few years the light rail is going to replace part of the Blue Rapid in a few years, so once again why bother.....

Why not train users now to exit from all doors now. Bit like training to enter from all doors & if you aren't at the door (either side) when the bus pulls up to the stop. You miss out as the bus leaves straight away.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Offline triumph

« Reply #203 on: April 03, 2017, 09:22:55 PM »
Examined my MyWay record today. Times for some trips yesterday were 1 hour later than actual. Seems the end of daylight saving has caught the system or someone napping.

Offline Barry Drive

• Administrator
  • May contain traces of sarcasm
« Reply #204 on: April 03, 2017, 09:44:35 PM »
Out of curiosity, was it more than one bus and could you tell which depots?

The problem arises because the MyWay consoles set the time when their update is pushed at the depot - and if this occurs before the 2am changeover, the time will be wrong until the next update occurs.

Offline Busfanatic101

• Your typical Canberra Bus Enthusiast
« Reply #205 on: April 03, 2017, 10:46:08 PM »
Out of curiosity, was it more than one bus and could you tell which depots?

The problem arises because the MyWay consoles set the time when their update is pushed at the depot - and if this occurs before the 2am changeover, the time will be wrong until the next update occurs.
566 and 412 were​ both ok today so it has been fixed by now

Offline triumph

« Reply #206 on: April 03, 2017, 11:03:11 PM »
The record is incomplete so far (11pm today).

Initial leg to Westfield Belconnen not logged as driver said validator faulty. My companion used it though, and that record shows the wrong time for arrival Westfield Belconnen of 12.45pm (actually 11.45am); Bus446, 906C

Record 1455 12.49pm (actually 11.49am) 900T board at Westfield Belconnen; Bus582.
Record 1456 1.14pm (actually 12.14pm) alight Civic.
Missing record Civic to High Court, route 934; Bus421

Record 1459 3.46pm (actually 2.46pm) 934D board at Parkes Place, National Rose (High Court); Bus606.
Record 1460 4.31pm (actually 3.41pm) alight Westfield Belconnen.
Record 1461 3.53pm (correct) 906C board at Westfield Belconnen; Bus422.
Record 1462 correct for destination.

Note that according to the record we were on two different routes (934/906) and buses (606/422) simultaneously!

Hope that offers some clarification guidance.

Offline triumph

« Reply #207 on: April 03, 2017, 11:07:18 PM »
There is a typo, sorry. 3.41pm should be 3.31pm.

Offline triumph

« Reply #208 on: April 04, 2017, 09:29:25 PM »
Checked MyWay account again this evening. There is still no change to Sunday record.