April 20, 2019, 10:58:51 am

Today's sighting

Started by The Love Guru, September 05, 2012, 09:36:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

The Love Guru

This morning I was doing a run towards gold creek when a TNSW liveried bus went along the Barton Hwy towards Yass. I couldn't get any details of it however it did have a rear desto on it, on the upper left hand side.
Anyone shed any light on what it was and why it was here?

King of Buses

No idea about a TNSW liveried bus. But i've being seeing an Iveco CB80 Bus operating around Tuggeranong recently. It always says 'Sorry Not in Service' on the front and 'CDC' on the back. Thus leading me to think that it is part of Deanes (CDC).

miket

Deanes have been loaned some buses from the fleets of other parts of the CDC group. There are a couple of Hills Bus, a TNSW and a plain white one. Not sure how long they will be down here. Looking forward to driving them.

LWF

m/o 7588 was sighted operating a Deanes School Service this afternoon. The prospect of more CDC buses here is good news, and I'll be following this up personally!

Bidgee

Sounds like I need to visit the twin cities sometime soon. ;) Beats travelling to Sydney! ;)

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Long White Fool on September 07, 2012, 07:27:36 pm
m/o 7588 was sighted operating a Deanes School Service this afternoon. The prospect of more CDC buses here is good news, and I'll be following this up personally!


Be sure to post some photos too :)

The Love Guru

Quote from: Long White Fool on September 07, 2012, 07:27:36 pm
m/o 7588 was sighted operating a Deanes School Service this afternoon. The prospect of more CDC buses here is good news, and I'll be following this up personally!


Its hardly good news that they sent down clapped out 25 year old Volvos. It wouldn't be far off being the oldest bus in the yard.

AOQ951

Quote from: The Love Guru on September 08, 2012, 08:40:23 pm
Its hardly good news that they sent down clapped out 25 year old Volvos. It wouldn't be far off being the oldest bus in the yard.


Not quite surprisingly... The 25 y.o Volvos are 12months younger than the ex ACTION O305's and the Centurion Scania..... Time has been just a tad less harsh on the O305's and K93 though in the looks department. Horrible bloody Custom Coaches rubbish :P

AOQ951

smitho

What looked like Bus 123 was out on the road today with a trainer at the wheel. 

Bus 400

November 17, 2013, 12:42:09 pm #9 Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 12:45:24 pm by Bus 400
It has been reported on Bus Australia, that 1 or 2 ex-Adelaide Metro O305G's has been sold to someone in Canberra.

Bus 400

Some sort of squashed up low floor in Q City Transit livery was spotted near Canberra Airport yesterday.
Sadly my bags were packed for my trip away so I couldn't take a snap.

Snorzac

One of the irisbuses is in Q City livery, could it have been 133 you saw? That was seen driving to a Sydney a few months ago.

Bus 400

It didn't look to be like 133.

Barry Drive

January 04, 2014, 08:49:02 pm #13 Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 10:42:55 pm by ACTbusspotter
Quote from: Bus 400 on November 17, 2013, 12:42:09 pm
It has been reported on Bus Australia, that 1 or 2 ex-Adelaide Metro O305G's has been sold to someone in Canberra.

Ex-Adelaide O.305G seen tonight as "Moonlight stretch limo". Is painted purple and has rego MO335. Wonder if it's operated by the same people as the pink Renault PR100.2 (or maybe it's a replacement).

Bus 400

January 04, 2014, 10:30:41 pm #14 Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 10:41:47 pm by ACTbusspotter
Found the Facebook page, the Facebook page for the Pink Party bus is still active.

AOQ951

Quote from: Bus 400 on December 28, 2013, 10:22:40 pm
Some sort of squashed up low floor in Q City Transit livery was spotted near Canberra Airport yesterday.
Sadly my bags were packed for my trip away so I couldn't take a snap.


There is a MAN midi with CB30 bodywork over at Queanbeyan now, it was plain white last time I saw it a couple of weeks ago. Could it be that?

Cheers,
AOQ951

ajw373

At Charnwood shops yesterday I saw (I think 865) trying to bring back the past. The desto on the bus was set to 450, Belconnen Interchange. No sure what the driver was doing because when I drove past he was standing at the front admiring his handywork! It wasn't by any chance a driver on this board?

Bus 400

Spotted what looked to be a Toyota Coaster looking thing with a big maroony red stripe on the front & sides with the Q City logo. I cant be 100% on the logo as it was heading the opposite direction on the Parkway to me & I was approaching the "holy smokes it's a speed camera & I can't possibly drive past the camera at the speed limit so I'll slam on my brakes (without showing my barke lights to the car behind) & go past at 10-15k's under the limit in the right hand lane." So i couldn't pay a great attention to detail.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Finally saw 622 today for the first time.

Only got a second or two glance at it though as it rushed up Drakeford Drive.
Still waiting to see the AVASS buses, cause I didn't notice them in the T depot when I went by on the 9th.

Sylvan Loves Buses

and I saw the pink party bus too roaming around fyshwick at 8am. Drove off before I could take a photo of it :'(

Busfanatic101

Don't know exactly where this would best be placed, in the past I would have put it in the General Discussion Thread...


Anyway this topic is for sightings of unusual buses in the ACT.


Today I saw a predominantly yellow bus which looked to be a Bustech, with at least the rear bumper grey. I think it had the 40 when flashing stickers. It was turning onto Athllon Dr near Melrose High. Any ideas on what bus it was?

King of Buses

Kinda sounds like the recently acquired MAN 12.220 still in CDC Yellow at QCity Transit. Could also be one one of their Transborder liveried Bustechs too I suppose...or whatever else they've got out there now.

Bus 503

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on January 31, 2017, 05:35:27 pm
Don't know exactly where this would best be placed, in the past I would have put it in the General Discussion Thread...


Anyway this topic is for sightings of unusual buses in the ACT.


Today I saw a predominantly yellow bus which looked to be a Bustech, with at least the rear bumper grey. I think it had the 40 when flashing stickers. It was turning onto Athllon Dr near Melrose High. Any ideas on what bus it was?


Should this topic also be used to report interesting or unusual sightings?

Barry Drive

Yes. This is the topic to report unusual or noteworthy sightings.

Bus 400

Spotted a QCity Orana bodied bus back on Thursday in the QCity/DBL livery.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk


Snorzac

They've had them for years?

Bus 400

Possibly, but not with fleet number 4554/5445 (one of the other). Looked all flash & new.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk


Snorzac

One of them has had a refurb in the last 12 months

Busfanatic101

Quote from: King of Buses on January 31, 2017, 05:39:50 pm
Kinda sounds like the recently acquired MAN 12.220 still in CDC Yellow at QCity Transit. Could also be one one of their Transborder liveried Bustechs too I suppose...or whatever else they've got out there now.

It seems to be m/o 7887 or m/o 7877 operating for QCity

Busfanatic101

There is a TFNSW liveried Bustech bodied standard sized bus with the NSW Waratah insignia parked near the workshop in Tuggeranong Bus Station, glimpsed when we drove past today. Does anyone know what it's doing there. I'm guessing it is a new arrival given it hasn't been mentioned here.

King of Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on July 03, 2017, 01:40:46 pm
There is a TFNSW liveried Bustech bodied standard sized bus with the NSW Waratah insignia parked near the workshop in Tuggeranong Bus Station, glimpsed when we drove past today. Does anyone know what it's doing there. I'm guessing it is a new arrival given it hasn't been mentioned here.


It was first sighted at Tuggeranong Depot last Friday.

Further discussion concerning it I'd suggest take place here (http://actbus.net/forum/index.php?topic=4236.0), as I'm fairly sure your sighting and this topic are concerning one the same thing.


Sylvan Loves Buses

Saw 622, 634, 636 and 637 all within a short 10 minute space at woden this evening.

Busfanatic101

Surprised to see what I'm pretty sure is the first ever STAG I have seen on Bugden Avenue (between Sternberg and Partridge). It continued on Bugden towards Fadden Hills, not sure what it was operating, if at all.


Also saw 921 on training duties on the same portion of Bugden.

King of Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on August 30, 2017, 09:17:06 pm
Surprised to see what I'm pretty sure is the first ever STAG I have seen on Bugden Avenue (between Sternberg and Partridge). It continued on Bugden towards Fadden Hills, not sure what it was operating, if at all.


Bugden Ave is approved for STAGs between Sternberg Cres and Branston St, as the old route 770 was approved. I very much doubt it would have been doing an in service trip however, if it was indeed a STAG, as none of the current routes through there are approved in their entirety, last I checked.

Buzz Killington

The turn off Bugden onto Bramston would be fun in a stag. The artics used to come within a whisker of any car that was waiting to turn right out of Bramston.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Was on my way home this evening when I thought I saw a dinosaur bus passing by, which seemed odd at first considering it was a Saturday, turns out it was an ex-action bus. First time I've seen the white and dark green/blue renault in person.

Barry Drive

I saw the other Marist College bus the other day. Didn't get a good look, so does anyone know what it is?


Sylvan Loves Buses

Just saw the ex-newcastle 2619 bus pass by Athllon/Callam Street on Hindmarsh. Haven't seen it in a little while.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Finally saw 711 today. Would've like to have ridden it, but it was an out of service run back to the depot after its 65S.

I've also seen all up to 660, and none of the newer bustech's.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Saw the Devil's bus today, #666 passing through Woden.

triumph

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on September 11, 2018, 06:48:22 pm
Saw the Devil's bus today, #666 passing through Woden.


Wondered how long that would take!