Bus movements and other changes

Started by Buzz Killington, June 19, 2008, 08:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

873 was reported to have gone a while ago. Saw 874 operating a 769(?) on Monday so I assume that is over there as well.

CNG

well according to the wiki they are still at belco

CNG

Barry Drive

877 was transferred to Tuggeranong today. No sign of 427 in service yet: maybe tomorrow.

smitho

smitho

Barry Drive

472 is now at B. 471 might have gone back to T.

Barry Drive

Word is that a number of buses will be transferred B to T this weekend in preparation for Network 2010. Fleet numbers not known at this stage.

Bus 400

Could that mean a big chunk of withdrawals from Tuggeranong?

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on November 10, 2010, 08:29:37 PM
Could that mean a big chunk of withdrawals from Tuggeranong?
No. You don't move buses en masse prior to a new network starting just so you can withdraw older buses. You do it because you need more buses.

400:D

Quote from: MyWay on November 11, 2010, 01:21:38 PM
No. You don't move buses en masse prior to a new network starting just so you can withdraw older buses. You do it because you need more buses.

Does that mean that with more space at Belconnen there will be more purchases or some buses from Woden will go there if Im completely wrong please ignore my ignorance.

Irisbus Rider

Is 879 at T yet? As it was seen by myself and another member today; with who we think is a T driver at the helm.
Also, 100 was seen on a T shift driven by a T driver today.

Quote from: 400:D on November 11, 2010, 06:43:11 PM
Does that mean that with more space at Belconnen there will be more purchases or some buses from Woden will go there if Im completely wrong please ignore my ignorance.
A perfectly valid question! Yes, ACTION are still expecting new buses (approx 40+), most of which will go to Belconnen. This transfer is (most likely) to even out the bus:shift ratio at each depot, as Belconnen have received many new buses over the past few months. And it could be possible that Tuggeranong have received a few more shifts as well, and require additional buses, I'm not 100%. Open to correction on that.

Barry Drive

I'm not even sure if 878 has gone over.

CNG

it would be nice to have some more .3's at tuggers. Btw I was interested dose belco have any .3 shifts and will the .3 shifts at both depots last for the new network?

Barry Drive

Any space freed up at B depot will most likely be used to park the Scanias undercover.

Irisbus Rider

A general reminder to board members, please ensure material posted in threads is relevant to specific thread title, i.e. 'Fleet Lists Updates' are to be discussion and updates on the fleet, not questions about network changes, which should be restricted to the numerous appropriate 'Network 10' threads - Thanks.

CNG

sorry I just brought it up as it came into the topics of .3's, sorry mate

Barry Drive

Irisbus Rider

Thanks for that clarification Martin, must have made a mistake.

Barry Drive

Quote from: MyWay on November 10, 2010, 06:23:44 PM
Word is that a number of buses will be transferred B to T this weekend in preparation for Network 2010.
The buses expected to be transferred from B to T are: 880, 881, 126 - 131. In return, Belconnen will get 145 and 770 will be withdrawn. 878 and 879 are believed to have already been transferred this week.

This makes the number of buses at each depot B: 214 / T: 217. Although this might change when new buses are released (includes 2 Tuggy buses with accident damage).

Busnerd

878 and 879 heading back home hey?

Nice to see 880 and 881 at Tuggeranong for the first time in my memory! and some more .3's are most welcomed to the 'better side of town'

Snorzac

Snorzac

It appears that this was transport for the people bringing the buses over from Belconnen.

400 is out today doing a Tuggy detail.

CNG

so tuggy will possibly be getting all the .3a's again.

Snorzac

They already have them, they left Belconnen this morning along with 880 and 881.

145 and 401 have gone the other way.

Barry Drive

Looks like 401 & 402 have moved from B to T recently.

Also, 884 is at B (workshops), but don't know if it's a permanent move.

Bus 400

I think that SNT Bus 021 may of been retired, I say this as it is sitting along the fence near Athllon Drive at all times of the day (even when the rest are out & about).

Barry Drive

Buzz Killington

Spotted 891 on a service generally operated by a Tuggeranong bus this afternoon - anyone know if it has moved? If not, may have just been covering.

Barry Drive

Can't rule out a move by 891. What l do know is that 885 886 & 887 are still at Belconnen (as of today).

CNG

Quote from: Buzz Killington on June 07, 2011, 05:39:31 PM
Spotted 891 on a service generally operated by a Tuggeranong bus this afternoon - anyone know if it has moved? If not, may have just been covering.

I saw 891 on a tugger shift this am aswell

Barry Drive

I think we can safely say that 891 has moved to Tuggeranong. It is also possible that 890 has moved.

Buzz Killington

Metrobus reports 888 has moved to Tuggeranong.

Barry Drive

Metrobus's report was incorrect (perhaps I misunderstood it). 888 still at Belconnen - I'm looking at it right now. But that's not to say it won't be moving soon.

Barry Drive

About 7 months after being involved in a collision, Bus 138 has been repaired. It is expected to return to service this afternoon.

Update: 138 has not yet returned to service but should do so next week.

Barry Drive

Maybe this time it will be true: all signs indicate that 888 has transferred to T depot. Hopefully someone can confirm this.

smitho

Have not seen 888 around Tuggy Depot so far....(fortunately?? - unlucky number combination).

Barry Drive

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on October 21, 2011, 12:43:04 PM
Maybe this time it will be true: all signs indicate that 888 has transferred to T depot.
Nope. Not transferred, just hiding in workshops. 888 still at B depot.

CNG

don't take this as gospel however i think 934 may be calling belco home now

Buzz Killington

Quote from: CNG on December 12, 2011, 08:45:27 PM
don't take this as gospel however i think 934 may be calling belco home now

I'll take it as gospel - 934 has been at Belconnen since delivery :)

CNG

no it has been at tuggers it was the beep beep barina horn bus

CNG

Barry Drive

When 499-505 enter service at T depot, there is the possibility that 396-402 will be sent to B depot. So keep an eye out for this over the next 2 months.

smitho

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on April 28, 2012, 01:02:52 PM
When 499-505 enter service at T depot, there is the possibility that 396-402 will be sent to B depot. So keep an eye out for this over the next 2 months.

Those Redex buses (396-402) go particularly well, although one or two of them have non-matching seat material, which is a pity.

From memory, it is Iris bus-type seat coverings which have been used on ad hoc seat re-coverings. Looks odd.

Barry Drive

Bus movements are likely to occur this weekend prior to the start of Network 2012. I have seen a few visitors at B depot, but too soon to confirm if they are permanent transfers.

Barry Drive

Confirmed transfers T to B: 146 396 397 872 & 873.

smitho

Tugg buses allegedly to be put in store at Woden were lined up against the Tugg Depot back fence today, these being 120, 123, 122, 121 and 125.
Plus standards 861R, 859R, 857, 862R, 871R (R = bike rack bus). Not sure what, if any, Tugg midi buses will go to Woden Depot for storage.

Snorzac

That's really stupid, those would be better off at Belconnen as I here they were short this afternoon. They should only be storing the darts as they really have no use, a standard bus can at least take a decent load!

Barry Drive

Quote from: smitho on May 28, 2012, 11:19:07 PM
Plus standards 861R, 859R, 857, 862R, 871R (R = bike rack bus).
871 would be headed for B depot: since they've already got 870 872 & 873.

But why not 858, 860, 863 & 124 as well?