Which Terminus #49 - Due Wednesday 23rd October

Started by Sylvan Loves Buses, October 02, 2019, 11:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvan Loves Buses

Not in use for several networks.

Toyota Camry

I believe that it may be Geoscience Australia, located in Symonston.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Barry Drive

Barry Drive

Check a map and get back to me.

Barry Drive

Sylvan Loves Buses

Oh well, I'm naming it differently, but that's the one.

Stan butler

Sylvan Loves Buses

Sorry, Barry Drive already got it.

This one is a little controversial given that somehow the map I used is the only one that says it's a suburb but everything else just says it's the street name, yet there isn't actually a stop located on the street or any appearance of ever being one there. I would've preferred that to be the answer however.

Barry Drive

Controversial? No.

The suburb is Kingston, as I said. The Causeway is a street, not a suburb.

Stan butler

I'd say The Causeway is more of a locality and not a suburb. The same as Kippax, Jamison, Erindale etc.  Even though there is a street called "the causeway", people do call the whole area the same name - even "the Causeway hall" which is off in another street.

So legally and for cartographic means it may be in Kingston, the area itself is generally called and accepted to be called "the Causeway".

It's a moot point though as I believe the whole area is ear marked for development and maybe called something else - ie East Basin or something like that.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Before I forget for the umpteenth time and before I finish next months, last rounds link.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on October 15, 2019, 09:54:09 AMControversial?
Well from the numerous articles and historic pages I read, sure it's in Kingston, but the name is whatever.

Anyway...