Bus movements and other changes

Started by Buzz Killington, June 19, 2008, 08:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

I thought it might have become a "hull write-off"!

Barry Drive

Quote from: The Love Guru on June 08, 2013, 12:20:01 PM
Bus 301 was being loaded on to a low loader ... for the long trip to Dandenong for major chassis repairs like its sisters.
And it has returned. No, really, it has. Not yet back in service, but give it a week or so.

Word is that 316 has now been sent off.

Barry Drive

More SNT movements: two new Rosas with ACTION logos are parked at Belconnen Depot. Based on rego searches, there are four new Rosas 213036-213039.

Hino Bus 007 is also at Belconnen, presumed to be undergoing decommissioning. Not sure where 014 is.

The remaining Hinos at Woden depot (006 & 010) departed a few weeks ago.

So this seems to be the end of the Hino AC140Ks. Might also mean two older Rosas will also be withdrawn (211338 & 211339).

Barry Drive

UPDATE: 014 still at Woden. No evidence of any new Rosas in service or any being removed from service.

(Apart from the fleet list, fleetwiki won't be updated with new Rosa details until all 4 have been accounted for.)

Barry Drive

Bus 007 & 014 still appear to be in service. However 211339 & 211340 (so far) have been withdrawn. Replacement Rosas 213038 & 213039 have yet to be fitted out, but this may be happening next week. Have not yet seen 213036 or 213037 except via Rego search.

Also: 878 has (again) been removed from Woden depot and may be re-entering service from Belconnen depot soon.

Barry Drive

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on July 12, 2013, 11:44:52 AM
Word is that 316 has now been sent off.
316 was seen last night on the back of a truck. I'm guessing it was delivered to B depot this morning.

Barry Drive

Still unsure about what is happening with the SNT fleet. 213-036 now at Woden and appears to be in service; -037 still being fitted out at B depot.

Hinos 007 & 014 are at Woden, but are parked away from the Rosas. So they may have been withdrawn, but, if so, why haven't they been sent to Pickles or Sims for disposal? Perhaps they are being kept as spares until another Rosa or two is delivered.

211-338 is verified as withdrawn and may turn up at Pickles next month.

In other news, 317 is the next Irisbus to head off to IVECO for chassis repairs.

Barry Drive

My "certain" announcement on twitter that 007 had been withdrawn is now almost certainly  wrong. The oldest remaining Rosa, 211-341, is at B depot being withdrawn.

Subject to confirmation from ACTION, 007 & 014 are still in use, albeit as spares.

smitho

Former Tuggeranong Redex bus, diesel MAN 397, has been transferred back to Tuggeranong Depot from Belconnen Depot.

Belconnen based 435 was seen leaving Tuggeranong Depot during the afternoon school run peak on Thursday...not certain whether this may also be a recent transferee.

Barry Drive

Quote from: smitho on November 30, 2013, 12:29:58 AM
Former Tuggeranong Redex bus, diesel MAN 397, has been transferred back to Tuggeranong Depot from Belconnen Depot.
Possibly on loan during NXTBUS installations. In any case, it's back at Belconnen Depot.

Barry Drive

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on November 09, 2013, 03:34:47 PM
In other news, 317 is the next Irisbus to head off to IVECO for chassis repairs.
And it has now returned. Not sure if it's back in service yet, last seen at the workshops.

Barry Drive

This was reported on twitter, but not here it seems: 878 returned to T depot Dec/Jan.

Latest inspection at Woden Depot shows 144 has been stored. There was also an unidentified PR100.2 which may be a new arrival. 135 was seen at B depot recently, but not sure if it's going to return to service or if was just getting maintenance.

Snorzac

308 seen on the back of a truck presumably off to Iveco for repairs

smitho

Would be nice if they could piggyback the buses on railway flat cars, but then there'd be the issue of clearance through the Pine Range tunnels between Queanbeyan and Bungendore, not to mention a few problem overhead bridges in the Goulburn area.

Barry Drive

857 & 863 were removed from Woden Depot a few weeks ago. 857 was in service at B depot yesterday; no sighting of 863 yet: not sure which depot it's at. T depot Dart 153 possibly being sent to storage [TBC].

(Unless they've fixed it, take a look at the fare sticker on 857.)

Buzz Killington

From memory, 857 has a very old school poster in the frame behind the driver (with a seven digit phone number). It was there just prior to its withdrawal.

Is anyone able to check if it's still there and grab a photo? I think Busnerd and Pompously were keen to replicate it for 675.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Captain Skybed on March 04, 2014, 09:10:21 PM
308 seen on the back of a truck presumably off to Iveco for repairs
Can now verify that 308 has returned, but not yet back in service. 301 was sent off in its place.

Barry Drive

308 should return to service this week. Meanwhile, 305 was sighted departing for Melbourne last week and 301 has returned.

Barry Drive

Not sure yet if these are destined for ACTION / SNT, but 4 new -ish Rosas have appeared: 215-246 to 215-249.

UPDATE: Hino BUS-014 has been withdrawn, so very likely these Rosas are intended for ACTION.

Barry Drive

Bus 007 now at Belconnen Depot, presumably for withdrawal. Have yet to see any new Rosas come in for fitout, so SNT may be running without any spare buses.

Barry Drive

All 4 of the new Rosas are now at Woden Depot. In addition to the 2 Hinos, 211-348 and 211-349 have been withdrawn; 211-346 & 211-347 are now presumed to be the spares.

Irisbus 305 has returned from Melbourne; don't know which one has now been sent off.

Bus 119 was transferred to Tuggeranong a few weeks ago. 878 has moved (back) to be Tuggeranong trainer and 860 has been withdrawn.

135 has gone back into storage at Woden.

I think that's all recent movements.

Barry Drive

This makes sense given that 119 has been withdrawn: 118 moved to T depot recently (within the last week maybe).

Barry Drive

468 has transferred to Belconnen for Network 14. There may be more transfers to come - in particular Darts to Woden - but no sightings as yet.

smitho

Wondered if 945 is the only PR2 to be given the seat fabric makeover so far?

I assume this is the upgrade to older buses mooted as part of the Network 14 announcements.

The Love Guru

928 and 952 have both been done at B. I'm sure there would be others too that I'm unaware of.

smitho

Quote from: The Love Guru on August 30, 2014, 09:05:54 PM
928 and 952 have both been done at B. I'm sure there would be others too that I'm unaware of.
Recall seeing a Dart and possibly a PR3 with the new fabric treatment...wasn't one or more of the Centenary Darts done out?

King of Buses

Quote from: smitho on August 31, 2014, 12:18:18 PM
Recall seeing a Dart and possibly a PR3 with the new fabric treatment...wasn't one or more of the Centenary Darts done out?

140 and 142 have the rainbow seat covers from the days of the 100. Not sure about 141.

In terms of PR3's, I think I heard 992 and one of the later 99# series (possibly 998) have it too.

Buzz Killington

Barry Drive

Yep: 141 and either 145 or 146 now also done.

992 got a makeover: its original brown fabric replaced by a light blue/grey. Also in 999.

smitho

Pretty sure I've seen a PR3 going around in that Scania/MAN type seat fabric. Looked good.

Snorzac

110 and 120 are the two I have seen with the Scania/MAN fabric!

Barry Drive

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on August 30, 2014, 11:27:45 AM
468 has transferred to Belconnen for Network 14. There may be more transfers to come - in particular Darts to Woden.
Update; 469 also at Belconnen; 141 142 153 154 155 & 156 have arrived at Woden recently.

Barry Drive

Other changes: 105 now sports a grille on the engine cover. Looks a bit odd when the rest of rear still has an IMB ad.

The Love Guru

517 was parked on the fuel lane at B today. Didn't appear to have any drivers belongings in it. Will keep an eye out for it this afternoon, may have been just visiting.

Barry Drive

Quote from: The Love Guru on September 03, 2014, 02:04:26 PM
517 was parked on the fuel lane at B today. Didn't appear to have any drivers belongings in it. Will keep an eye out for it this afternoon, may have been just visiting.
Not 100% certain, but most likely it was visiting.

However, what is certain is that some Belconnen Depot PR100.2 Mk2s have transferred to Tuggeranong. But exactly how many is not known. 967 968 969 979 980 and 981 are believed to have transferred; 963 is known to still be at Belconnen.

Also 981 now with "Rainbow Pride" seats.

smitho

966 ("roller derby" bus) is another PR2 now at Tuggeranong.

According to one of the workshop team, 6 Belco buses and "5 or 6 Darts" have taken up residence @ Tuggy Depot.

Barry Drive

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on September 03, 2014, 11:51:31 AM
Other changes: 105 now sports a grille on the engine cover.
115 has now received the same treatment.

Busnerd

Reminds me of 824 which presumably had some issue many years ago and was fitted with an extra grille.

Barry Drive

As reported on fleetwiki: 892, 903 & 925 have now moved to Belconnen. So that may give some indication of what their bus transfer & withdrawal intentions are.

King of Buses

Any news of transfers for Network 14.1/15 (or whatever we are calling it!)?

468 is still at Belco as of this morning (this was the one we thought may move back to Tuggers I think) so nothing yet that I know of...

Snorzac

What makes you think it will be 468 and not 465 or 467 or 473 or 474???? Any transfers done will be done over the weekend.

King of Buses

I thought I saw somewhere that 468 may go back to Tuggers...can't find it now so I'm probably just going insane...

The Love Guru

Pure speculation. Some stags will move but numbers aren't known.
On a side note, 568 has disappeared from B workshops, make of that what you will.

Barry Drive

Yep. Any transfers at all is just speculation at this stage.

As is my assumption that there will be a mass withdrawal of B depot Renaults next week.

Things will be clearer by next week.

King of Buses

147 was operating a B shift this evening on a route 7. I imagine this is a transfer for 14.1?
I believe it was said B would need an extra dart and T would need one less. So it makes sense given the 7A

Busfanatic101

Quote from: King of Buses on May 15, 2015, 06:05:11 PM
147 was operating a B shift this evening on a route 7. I imagine this is a transfer for 14.1?

Assuming 147 is the only dart with a LED Desto, it was still on a Tuggies Shift this morning

King of Buses

It was 147 and it was on a Belco shift this evening. I have photos :)

Snorzac

What's to say it wasn't a T depot spare covering a B depot shift? It's unlikely but still possible!

King of Buses

Quote from: #Domelight Drew on May 16, 2015, 03:46:42 AM
What's to say it wasn't a T depot spare covering a B depot shift? It's unlikely but still possible!

Twas the normal driver

Barry Drive

147 confirmed transferred T to B and 872 believed to have gone the other way.

(Updated. Seems I don't proof read either.)