Started by Snorzac, August 03, 2008, 02:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

Buses Featuring the new ACTION Logo:

Irisbuses - All
Scania - All
MAN - All

Lockie

Hopefully this hasn't been posted anywhere else.

When I was looking at the little paper timetables on a bus trip yesterday, I noticed that the ACTION logo on the buses are the new logo, yet the colour is blue !

On the REAL weekend booklet, they are green. However, on the advertisement for the weekend booklet in the pamphlets, they are blue !

Simple mistake (Easter egg?), yet I found this interesting.

Attached:
- A scan in of the 319/19 pamphlet
- Weekend ad in the pamphlet

[attachment deleted by admin]

Note: Attachment has expired.

Buzz Killington

Hmm, never noticed that!

Nice pickup there Locki

Bus 400

Just wondering if all the Renaults are getting the new paint job with the "Going Your Way" colour scheme as I'm seeing more buses with it on.

Snorzac

There is six, 758 which has had a rear panel replaced so it is green with an orange back, 899, 947, 948, 977 and 978 those are the only buses that will have the AOA. Each depot has 3

Sir Pompously

Quote from: TP 3000 on December 13, 2008, 09:18:17 PM
Just wondering if all the Renaults are getting the new paint job with the "Going Your Way" colour scheme as I'm seeing more buses with it on.
Wow, you would think due to the fading of the rear panels that they would be stickered, and not painted......

ACTION have not painted an AOA for years.

Also, Locki, those logos were actually digitally edited onto the buses, hence why they are blue! The pictures used are stock photos with the old blue ACTION logo and edited in whichever program Transit Graphics decide to use. I would presume they are that as the old logo was blue, or because ACTION may not have got back to them in time with the green version.

lukeo25

when are the pre-paid tickets getting the new logo(?)

Buzz Killington

whenever their stock of tickets with the old logo runs out

Buzz Killington

Thread has been cleaned up.

PR100.3 - Please add changes to the first post rather than a new post each time
Other members - feel free to post changes but your post will be removed and your info moved to the first post.

Snorzac

The Scania re-brand is complete, it will be interesting to see if the .2s, .3s and darts get done.

Bus 400

That is good to hear about the Scania's being done. I wonder why it took so long?

Bus 400

At least ACTION has done a better job then Transperth did, some buses have their T logo, others have the new circle thing & some have a T logo on one side & the circle logo on the other.

Bus 400

I noticed today that 345 still has that "Building Our City, Building Our Community" sign on the rear still. While the rest have "ACTION Going Your Way." 345 did have the new logos on the side though.

Snorzac

There are a few with that, 323 is one.

Bus 400

758's AOA has been renewed.

Snorzac

Bus 400

the Going Your Way AOA on 758 is all pretty & shiny

Snorzac

I think that you will find that the word you are looking for is 'cleaned' not 'renewed'. Otherwise I am sure that the would have 'renewed' the AOA on 948.

Bus 400

One of them. All I know is that unlike 947, 758's AOA is shiny,  isn't falling off & doesn't have bits missing

Snorzac

You really have no idea at all!

Irisbus Rider

I honestly don't understand why ACTION would bother, considering they took it off 948.

Oh, and 'Restickered' would have been a better way to say it.

Bus 400

Maybe 948 had to do with ACTION taking down a lot of old advertising on the buses? Being a clean skin, it can be used to advertise other things. While buses like 758 have a shorter life so they'll stay as AOA's until they depart ACTION.

Buzz Killington

Didn't look "Renewed" when i saw it this morning! It had probably just gotten a wash.

If they had other advertising lined up for 948 it would be on already. They don't remove an AOA then wait a month to put another one on there. If they replace it, they take it off, clean the bus up and apply the new one.