Scania 14.5m Steer Tags

Started by Buzz Killington, November 26, 2009, 10:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

Bus 464 is on a 314 in the City around 17:20 this week. Now there was quite a long line of people boarding this service at City Interchange, with it taking atleast 2 traffic light loops & people were still boarding (I suspect there might of been a boarding issue to take that long).

Bus 400

Bus 464's engine has clocked up 227 hours as of tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King of Buses

My Dad's Regular 788 Bus Driver says that 14.5s cannot drive through suburbs at the moment due to something with the bus licences? If it's been on a 5 it confuses me

Buzz Killington

The 14.5's are only permitted on certain routes due to their size. Route 5 is presumably one of those routes.

Quote from: MyWay on April 28, 2010, 08:20:07 PM
4 & 8 are approved routes. As are all Intertowns, Xpressos, Redex and a few others. No weekend or school routes are on the list.

p_stampy

Spotto'd 464 today, doing a 300 of some sort. It was leaving belco at 330pm.

Bus 400

Bus 466 out on driver training today, has no ticket equipment yet.

Bus 400

Bus 470 has arrived at Woden Depot this week.

blackdragon

Sir Pompously

Wow, just looking in that PDF there are alot of major roads for major routes, that have restrictions during peak hours when the buses are most likely to be used. So can someone tell me the point of purchasing 14.5's again?

Bus 400

What about the fact that the buses can only leave Woden Depot during peak hours as all the exits at Belconnen & Tuggeranong Depot's can't be used during peak time.

Sir Pompously

I don't think they thought through this purchase very well..........

Barry Drive

465 was in service today. Spotted doing a northbound 315 from Tuggy around 4.45pm.

Buzz Killington

I saw it on that run too - it was on Melrose at around 1700. The next northbound intertown was a Mk1 on the 313, then 464 was on a 314.

Snorzac

Other way around I think you will find, 464 entered the depot with 315 on the desto

smitho

While @ Belco Depot this am around 0740, saw 465 being prepared to do a 312...

blackdragon

It was doing a 312 (i think) about 0930 this morning spotted it southbound on Yarra Glen.

Buzz Killington

Metrobus reports via Twitter that 466 has been moved to Belconnen.

Snorzac

Buzz Killington

Snorzac

As reported first on my twitter feed. Picture coming later

Buzz Killington

Yeah, sorry. Saw your Tweet when I went to make one. I saw it heading north around 5:10.

Bus 400

Buses 468 & 469 have left Woden.

Buzz Killington

I *think* I saw 467 in service, couldn't be sure though.

Snorzac

Quote from: Bus 400 on August 19, 2010, 05:58:16 PM
Buses 468 & 469 have left Woden.

468 has been at Belconnen for weeks, 469 is a new arrival, 467 doesn't have a validator

Bus 400

Bus 468 was at the back of Tuggeranong Workshop this afternoon.

Buzz Killington

Oh?

This is an interesting development..

Snorzac

469 has left Belconnen I think.

Bus 400

I wonder when we are going to see artic retirements. I know Bus 700 has a little bit longer after spotting the new ticket equipment brackets installed.

Snorzac

That means nothing, most of the buses that have already been withdrawn had the equipment installed.

I wouldn't be expecting any artic withdrawls any time soon. The 14.5s are not a sufficient replacement for the artics and I think ACTION has recognised that. There are rumours that they are already looking at replacement artics.

smitho

Hey, come on Lemon, you must mean RUMOURS don't you!!!? (or RUMORS in Yank speak).

Snorzac

My browser has an auto correct on it, I did try to spell it, but it corrected me.....

smitho

Oh well, these things happen.

I had 337 'Wilhelmina' out yesterday; nice to back in a Scania after nearly a month...going pretty well still.

The Love Guru

Between Homo's Roomers and the numerous Sauces on here, i think i've seen enough to validate my thoughts on the current state of the education system.

blackdragon

Quote from: Metrobus on August 22, 2010, 06:21:51 PM
That means nothing, most of the buses that have already been withdrawn had the equipment installed.

I wouldn't be expecting any artic withdrawls any time soon. The 14.5s are not a sufficient replacement for the artics and I think ACTION has recognised that. There are rumours that they are already looking at replacement artics.

I believe they've been looking at some Mercedes artics

Snorzac

I dare say they will look at a few, possibly MAN and Scania, but as another board member has said, if they look at Volvos that is what they will buy because the B12BLEA is a superior vehicle to anything else in it's class

Barry Drive

I wouldn't expect any artic withdrawals before the new network starts.

469 appears to have been transferred to Belco depot today.

Ed

I wish them good luck in getting the 14.5s approved for school runs because they'll need it.

Based on this alone, I doubt they'll withdraw any artics.

Bus 400

But how are speaking about the steer tags being for the Intertown run maybe new attics are on the table for next budget.

Also this may be a coincidence, but a few years back & asked what the fleet numbers for the attic replacements was to be & I was told 500. Well the next available fleet numbers are 491+.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Chris_Guru on August 22, 2010, 08:25:42 PM
Between Homo's Roomers and the numerous Sauces on here, i think i've seen enough to validate my thoughts on the current state of the education system.

:TODDLOL:

Bus 400

Bus 472 just arrived at Woden Depot.

Snorzac

Ed reports that 468 has entered service out of tuggy

smitho

Yeah, 468 was wandering around T Depot first thing this morning and again in the afternoon, but didn't see any evidence of it actually working revenue runs...

Snorzac

I got home and 468 (well I assume it was it, a 14.5 on a tuggies run, must be it) came past on the 313 following the one I came home on.

smitho

468 was doing a northbound 318 at Torrens at around 0620 this morning, then observed dead running to T. Depot at around 1325 outside Woden Police Station.

smitho

468 now parked in Road zero within the main garage/shed at Tuggeranong while 470 was parked out adjacent to "the bricks" this morning - roughly where the vintage bus used to be stabled. Haven't seen 470 on the road yet.

468 was in revenue service again on Friday - have only ever seen it doing intertowns.

p_stampy

I spotto'd 468 Yesterday on an intertown :)

smitho

Caught 465 out of Civic today and sat in third row from back - surprised to hear how very noisy they are.

OK for gunzels but not for everyday commuters.

.... makes you wonder if the art of sound-proofing is being lost by modern-day coach builders.

Snorzac

Barry Drive

467 is either in service or is about to be.