Buses with the New Ticketing System

Started by Snorzac, November 24, 2009, 05:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

They have now started on the artics - 988 has been done.

Barry Drive

Breaking news: 4 B depot buses are set to be fitted with the full MyWay system. They are: 101 102 136 & 143.

Barry Drive

Work on fitting the MyWay equipment to the 6 buses (755 & 756 are also being done) is progressing well. It looks good, but it seems that the old Wayfarer will be mounted behind the new one. I'll try to get photos soon.

Bus 400

Bus 755 was around City Interchange this afternoon testing the system.
So I made sure not to waste (what could be) my last chance to photograph 755 on Canberra's roads. In 2 weeks I'll see how my photo of the rear door reader turned out. Sadly 755 was parked on Northbourne Ave at the time so I missed the chance to see the screen when it is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bus 400

Bus 847 still has the old driver module, but its validator was in the luggage rack.

Barry Drive

So, the buses known to have the new system are: 126 143 300 338 375 391 416 705 893 899

Barry Drive

List updated.

Snorzac

894 isn't fitted I got it confused with 893.

Barry Drive

I've got 391 today, but the old system is not working. So I can't deduct faresavers or sell off peak tickets - but I can still sell cash tickets. Since there is no doubt that they will be using the equipment, they might as well just install it in all buses straight away and work out the glitches in the real system. It's just not worth the money trying to keep the old system alive.

The Love Guru

Your wish might come true Martin as 958 has been fitted with MyWay equipment and is in service with it. I, like you, hope they fast track the roll out of the equipment and ticketing and work out the glitches on the run, as the current system is in such a state of disrepair it is more of a liability than an assett.

Snorzac

959 is fitted as well. The system may be fast tracked, to quote a driver, "The old system is falling apart quicker than they can fix it"

Snorzac

Snorzac

836 and 964 have it

Snorzac

830, 832, 840, 846 and 849, are they fitting anything other than mk1s?

I'm yet to see a belco mk1 without it today.

The Love Guru

Snorzac

113, 831 and 839

Snorzac

114, 841 and 866

Sir

CNG

Sir

The Love Guru

I think we can close this thread as it is safe to say that all B buses will be completed in the coming weeks, with all T buses done not long after that.

Sir

Maybe we could start a thread for buses that haven't been fitted?

Buzz Killington

Probably not much point, although once T depot starts being done we may be interested in seeing if any of the Mk1 Renaults aren't being fitted.