Buses with the New Ticketing System

Started by Snorzac, November 24, 2009, 05:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

Today I can bring you news that as I post BUS 999 is been fitted with the new ticketing system. This thread is here to discuss all aspects of the fitting of the system to the buses and which buses have it.

Buzz Killington

Oh really? I didn't think it was due for a while yet..

Snorzac

It is only going into a couple of buses (999 is the first) to test the fitting of the system and for training. From what I gathered we can expect at least one of each model of bus will have one

Irisbus Rider

I too am pleased they have already begun the roll-out of this trial, but I was under the impression the ticketing system would begin in the last quarter of next year? Isn't this a tad too premature?

Snorzac

Well trainers start training in December and drivers with the equivilant seniority to Ed are due to be trained by April. So no, not really, they have to make sure it fits properly, etc.

I heard that in August.

Busnerd

I'd assume they would be doing a live trial, perhaps selecting certain members of the public to try out the system as well which will usually happen.

Barry Drive

Way too early for a live trial. To see how the project is planned to proceed, take a look at the project plan.

Line 105 "Bus Modifications" is scheduled for 15/10/09 to 10/12/09. WBS 1.6 (Line 76) shows a pilot project from Jan to Jul 2010. WBS 1.9 (Line 138) shows the Smart Card trial running 27/10/10 to 23/11/10.

Perhaps this is advance work for the pilot. Having said that, when I saw 999 yesterday there were no obvious changes.

Snorzac

I had a look at it today, they haven't fitted the system but the poles that will hold the console and tagging devices have been fitted.

Buzz Killington

Martin reports via Twitter that 885 has been fitted with smartcard readers.

Snorzac

143 has a reader (Martin's twitter feed)

Barry Drive

Had a closer look at 885 - it is only the bracket that has been installed not the reader.

Snorzac

and I am pretty sure 954 has the actual readers. The are larger than the ones seen in other and they are not covered with yellow plastic, picture to come later on

Barry Drive

If it's the same as those fitted to the other buses, then it is just the bracket. The reader will (should) have a circular, colourful device and a screen - what is fitted is just a dull black/grey box.

Barry Drive

Based on the project plan, 10 buses are due to be fitted with the equipment for a pilot running 16 April - 14 May 2010. No idea what the pilot is actually testing. Buses known to have been fitted out are: 754, 760, 763, 885, 954, 102, 131, 143. Which means there should be 2 more (Irisbus & MAN maybe?).

The driver console will be the Wayfarer 200

and the extra smart card readers will be the Axio model.

Snorzac

756, 929, 949 and one other (ask Irisbus Rider) were sighted with the new brackets in today.

smitho

Logo quite similar to that of the Oyster Card used on public transport in and around London (Oyster Card is a pioneer of this type of public transport smart card).

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Scania K320UB on April 06, 2010, 07:36:05 PM
756, 929, 949 and one other (ask Irisbus Rider) were sighted with the new brackets in today.
That'd be 875. Apparentlyu a few of the earlier 7** buses also are receiving brackets in the near future.....

Barry Drive

Quote from: smitho on April 07, 2010, 01:02:35 PM
Logo quite similar to that of the Oyster Card used on public transport in and around London.
That logo is the Parkeon logo. Expect that it will have the ACTION 'sperm circle' logo in that location.

Buzz Killington

Sir Pompously

It will either have the ACTION Sperm, or the MyWay logo. I am itching to see this system up and running! I am starting to get annoyed with the current system after being used to smartcard systems around the place!

Barry Drive

Will MyWay have a logo of its own? Will it still be called MyWay considering that a similar name is being used in NSW?

In 6 months or less we will know the answers.

smitho

Yeh, I seem to recall seeing something in the staff newsletter about the name of the new ticketing system - and it is MyWay or something very similar to that - name reminded me of "Myki'...the ill-fated Victorian system which they are still struggling with.

Snorzac

The Love Guru

Barry Drive

304 is the first Irisbus I've seen fitted out. Still not seen any in the MANs or K320s.

The Love Guru

Does 304 retain the reader by the rear door.  :P

Barry Drive

Yep. Just like the one in the Darts.

Snorzac

824 and 933.

As Martin has said pretty much every bus that ends up in the Belconnen workshops ends up with it.

Maxious

Quote from: Martin on April 12, 2010, 12:25:38 PM
Will MyWay have a logo of its own? Will it still be called MyWay considering that a similar name is being used in NSW?

In 6 months or less we will know the answers.

893 has the mysterious grey boxes added front and back doors BUT with stickers on them! I only saw them on my way off so no camera phone action :( The MyWay logo is "MyWay" styled to be very pointy so the My sits above in the word Way... reminded me of the CityRail logo except with letters.

Barry Drive

NEW PHOTO

This photo is from 958 (taken 15 May 2010).

Buzz Killington

"For more information visit www.action.act.gov.au"

Admittedly I only had a very quick look, but I couldn't find any info on MyWay on the ACTION site.

lukeo25

i had a good look through and there is nothing up as yet about MyWay yet but it sounds very exciting :)

CNG

I have been told that 975 will be trialling the new system

Bus 400

These are from Bus 873

At the bottom of the current wayfarer is the bracket for the new driver module. There is also one at the rear door & it looked similar to the one at the front.

CNG

bus 860 now has it, saw it on the  434 today

smitho

Drivers are now being invited to nominate themselves if they wish to take part in the trial.

Buzz Killington

993 has them, with the MyWay stickers on both.

Barry Drive

Metrobus [Stacka] reports (on twitter) that 392 has now been fitted out. Unlike the older buses, the rear validator will be next to the rear door, not across the aisle.

Snorzac

There's now a lot of Tuggy buses fitted out can't remember them all but 803, 804, 861, 862, 922 and 942 come to mind.

I also believe that 990 has the fittings

Busnerd

At least theyre moving quickly with this, can't wait to have it all done, working and launched, will be a slap in the face to cities STILL trying to get it working like Sydney.

Although an article in todays MX has stated that the new MyZone system has seen huge increases in sales of multi tickets and also passenger increases on all modes of transport, good news!

Buzz Killington

Barry Drive

335 has been fitted. I still haven't seen any on artics.   

Bus 400

Snorzac

320, 324, 326 and 327 all have it now

Bus 400

Bus 862 also has been fitted.

Now I haven't seen it yet, but is there a page on wiki where we can see which buses have been fitted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barry Drive

There are many more buses with the MyWay (TM) fittings than are listed. As every bus will eventually get fitted, IMO there's little point in listing them on the wiki or even in this topic. Only notable changes (such as the first artic or buses which have the system fully installed) should be mentioned from hereon (again, IMO).

Buzz Killington

Bus 400

It would appear that there may be some variances as to where the tag machines at the front of the bus are to be as Bus 371 has it in a different location to the other Scania's I've seen (to date).

I know the picture is sideways, but after many attempts at trying to get the picture the right way up, I've given up.

Also for those that haven't yet seen the tag machine layout in the newer ACTION buses (this was in Bus 336). This is where the rear machines are in the entire TransPerth fleet.

Also going by the holes pocked in Bus 326, whatever is being attached to these "things" will be attached by 4 screws. I suspect a bus driver has pocked the holes to have a better look.

Barry Drive

They have now started on the artics - 988 has been done.

Barry Drive

Breaking news: 4 B depot buses are set to be fitted with the full MyWay system. They are: 101 102 136 & 143.

Barry Drive

Work on fitting the MyWay equipment to the 6 buses (755 & 756 are also being done) is progressing well. It looks good, but it seems that the old Wayfarer will be mounted behind the new one. I'll try to get photos soon.

Bus 400

Bus 755 was around City Interchange this afternoon testing the system.
So I made sure not to waste (what could be) my last chance to photograph 755 on Canberra's roads. In 2 weeks I'll see how my photo of the rear door reader turned out. Sadly 755 was parked on Northbourne Ave at the time so I missed the chance to see the screen when it is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bus 400

Bus 847 still has the old driver module, but its validator was in the luggage rack.

Barry Drive

So, the buses known to have the new system are: 126 143 300 338 375 391 416 705 893 899

Barry Drive

List updated.

Snorzac

894 isn't fitted I got it confused with 893.

Barry Drive

I've got 391 today, but the old system is not working. So I can't deduct faresavers or sell off peak tickets - but I can still sell cash tickets. Since there is no doubt that they will be using the equipment, they might as well just install it in all buses straight away and work out the glitches in the real system. It's just not worth the money trying to keep the old system alive.

The Love Guru

Your wish might come true Martin as 958 has been fitted with MyWay equipment and is in service with it. I, like you, hope they fast track the roll out of the equipment and ticketing and work out the glitches on the run, as the current system is in such a state of disrepair it is more of a liability than an assett.

Snorzac

959 is fitted as well. The system may be fast tracked, to quote a driver, "The old system is falling apart quicker than they can fix it"

Snorzac

Snorzac

836 and 964 have it

Snorzac

830, 832, 840, 846 and 849, are they fitting anything other than mk1s?

I'm yet to see a belco mk1 without it today.

The Love Guru

Snorzac

113, 831 and 839

Snorzac

114, 841 and 866

Sir

CNG

Sir

The Love Guru

I think we can close this thread as it is safe to say that all B buses will be completed in the coming weeks, with all T buses done not long after that.

Sir

Maybe we could start a thread for buses that haven't been fitted?

Buzz Killington

Probably not much point, although once T depot starts being done we may be interested in seeing if any of the Mk1 Renaults aren't being fitted.