108 off the road

Started by Barry Drive, October 21, 2008, 11:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

108 will be off the road for a bit while they repair some damage. It looks like it clipped the wall at the bottom of Belconnen Interchange last night. Damage was sustained to the bottom left front of the bus including a door and the stair-well area.

Jack Bauer

Irisbus Rider

Yeah, saw it happen. The noise it made was chilling.

A lot of damage sustained to it.

Snorzac

Was it still drivable or did  it get towed? Anyone know if it will return in the AOA, I am guessing if the AOA is damaged it will return in corporate livery or a new AOA. Anyone know how long it will be off the road for?

Buzz Killington

when i saw the thread title i was like "huh.. i saw 108 yesterday..." but that was during the day..

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on October 21, 2008, 06:44:30 PM
Yeah, saw it happen. The noise it made was chilling.

A lot of damage sustained to it.

and you didnt get photos? good lord

Snorzac

Quote from: Richard Vernon on October 21, 2008, 07:58:32 PM
when i saw the thread title i was like "huh.. i saw 108 yesterday..." but that was during the day..

That's what I was thinking

Trolleybusracer

Just another .3  ;D

dont use the I word. First and last warning.

Sir Pompously

How dare you Sir!

I Challenge you to a Duel

bubzie

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

..i just choked on my coffee. thanks. :D

Irisbus Rider

:P Nice one.

See, I was on the bus behind it when it happened, and by the time we returned to the interchange, it was gone. Could've taken a 'crappy through window' shot, I guess.

Door interlock would have activated, once disabled, it would have been drivable. But still, very nasty.

Barry Drive

Quote from: MAN 18.310 CNG on October 21, 2008, 07:04:29 PM
Anyone know if it will return in the AOA, I am guessing if the AOA is damaged it will return in corporate livery or a new AOA. Anyone know how long it will be off the road for?
The AOA survived intact. The front (left) wheel arch is slightly askew, but otherwise the damage is limited to the front and front-left of the bus all of which is regular ACTION livery.

No idea how long it will be off the road. It will probably depend on how much other work the body-shop has to do. But a month or two at least. Right now it's parked outside not far from the remains of 914, 703 and the back-half of 724.

The bus hit the bit of the dividing wall that sticks out because of being hit from the layover side many years ago. It has now been painted yellow to (try to) prevent it from happening again.

Irisbus Rider, do you know whether it was carrying passengers or just returning to the depot?

Jack Bauer

Quote from: Martin on October 22, 2008, 12:17:17 PM

The bus hit the bit of the dividing wall that sticks out because of being hit from the layover side many years ago. It has now been painted yellow to (try to) prevent it from happening again.

So.. the driver has stuffed up on this one

Snorzac

Maybe that will be out of the way now

Irisbus Rider

Irisbus Rider, do you know whether it was carrying passengers or just returning to the depot?
The driver was returning to the Depot empty upon finishing a run (30). He looked like he was in a bit of a hurry too.

Myself and someone else on this board who saw it happen came to the conclusion the driver was taking his coin tray out, or counting his money when he became involved in the incident. Thats mererly specluation, and not factual. The fault of the accident is yet to be determined.

belcodriver

Some pics of a battered 108 I took with my phone.

[attachment deleted by admin]

belcodriver

A couple more

[attachment deleted by admin]

Irisbus Rider

Good pics, thanks for those.

Gosh, that is a bit of damage, reminds me of the stairwell of 914, obviously not to the same extent, but still, thats quite bad.

Buzz Killington

geez.. thats a fair bit of damage.. .poor 108!

bauer - happy to approve some personal leave if you need it?

Jack Bauer

Quote from: Richard Vernon on October 31, 2008, 07:17:34 PM

bauer - happy to approve some personal leave if you need it?

Lol - its just disapointing to see it being driven by someone who did that to it

Snorzac

Looks like they have started repairs. It wasn't parked with 914 and the Dart that has being up there for the past few days.

Does anyone know if there is a PR100.3 that has being off the road for a while as there is one in the workshops with out a fullback. Lets hope for a nice fresh AOA, unlikely though.

Snorzac

Looks like that Dart (137) had some fire troubles.

In 108 news there are sky blue panels around the side of the depot that are bent out of shape pretty badly so I am assuming they are off 108. They are near the big orange hopper on the coulter drive side.

Buzz Killington

Saw 108 on Yarra Glen this afternoon. It's back!

Snorzac

Saw it at the depot yesterday in the sheds so I didn't think it would be long.

lukeo25

saw it this morning in woden and then tuggers this afternoon

Barry Drive

The return of 108 was well timed ... since 836 is now off the road due to a bit of damage to a head-light and front bumper.

Snorzac

Bus 400

What did you do to 836 Martin?

Snorzac

I would say nothing, Martin is a very cautious bus driver, but a good one.

Buzz Killington

I don't see anything to indicate that Martin was even driving 836.

Snorzac

Yes I know, It would probably be some dick head who is now not driving, I haven't  seen the driver who I believe was driving 108 in ages

Barry Drive

Quote from: TP 3000 on February 13, 2009, 06:20:06 PM
What did you do to 836 Martin?
Ha ha. There would have to be almost no other choice available in the depot before I would drive 836.

belcodriver

Quote from: Renault PR100.3 on February 13, 2009, 07:40:39 PM
Yes I know, It would probably be some dick head who is now not driving, I haven't  seen the driver who I believe was driving 108 in ages

AFAIK a driver would have to be negligent to a far greater degree (drunk for eg) than in 108's case to get sacked.

Buzz Killington

unless you're standing outside the depot from 5am until midnight every day, Zac, there's going to be drivers that you don't see.

The Love Guru

I saw 108's accident happen and the driver of the bus has been seen regularly since. It was a minor accident, the kind that will happen to most drivers at some point in their careers. Anytime you spend long hours behind the wheel in an environment that has little room for error, these things are unavoidable.