BUS 108 - new AOA

Started by Barry Drive, March 11, 2008, 06:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

I noticed today that 108 has an updated AOA. It's still advertising ActewAGL but it's now blue rather than brown.

Buzz Killington

ever since they replaced the "Fat guy in a bathtub" with "chick with balloons" i had a feeling they'd update 108.

Must've done it over the weekend.

Scoop where it's due - Mat messaged me during the day today - Renault Rider had seen it this morning :)

Irisbus Rider

Yeah, saw it Tuesday morning on a Southbound 52/56 in Mitchell at 9:10am if anyones interested.

It looks really good.

Bus 400

Why doesn't someone post a pic of it?

I thought it was reported that ACTIN was getting rid of all AOA's except for 2 which they already had.

Busnerd

Sure..heres a pic of it i pulled out of my ass..

No, they are keeping two AOA buses 108 and 880..

the rest are special liveries..

Irisbus Rider

Hey Presto;

I was waiting for my 56 to work, and I saw a front ACTION logoed 100.3 pull up, and I thought to myself, it can't be anything else. I cringed my eyes and I saw the numberplate reading 108, so I ran up and got some photos, whilst my 56 drove away.

Ha ha, the price one pays for a Scoop :P

Sir Pompously

Lol, and Buspak do it again. The ACTION Authority BS011RR/TC crap is on the AOA under the drivers window :P. Abit plain, but allright I spose.

Irisbus Rider

Hold on, I thought ACTION didn't need to put their accreditation on their buses anymore? Why did it get on this one?

Sir Pompously

It was on the Fat guy in tub one aswell, until I spoke to Carl and he said 'it will be removed'. I don't know why Buspak are still adding it there, as ACTION Authority no longer exists! :P All I know it is in their design when they do it, so it must just get printed out by habit.

Buzz Killington

nice shots RR.

looks a little too plain for my liking, but i'll wait until i see it in the flesh, so to speak.

needs an action logo on the right too :p

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Todd Milton on March 16, 2008, 09:01:31 PM
It was on the Fat guy in tub one aswell, until I spoke to Carl and he said 'it will be removed'. I don't know why Buspak are still adding it there, as ACTION Authority no longer exists! :P All I know it is in their design when they do it, so it must just get printed out by habit.
Oh, it's Buspak doing it, I see.

Thanks Ryan, they were rushed shots, but yeah, it originally reminded me of that old AOA for lotto on 995, with the balls on it. The balloons somewhat reminded me of that AOA.

Sir Pompously

The lotto one looked better, IMHO. There also needs to be a blue panel where the grey is on the rear, just cut out the areas for the lights. Looks stupid going from blue to grimy/dirty grey.

Buzz Killington

agree with you on all points todd.

tatts was one of the best recent AOAs along with Varekai and Brumbies

Bus 400

The best AOA is the one for ACTION on Bus 374

Irisbus Rider

374 ???

You mean 674? And which one?

Bus 400

Bus 374, the MAN Bus that comes into serviced in the next few months.

O305

Buzz Killington

and just why the hell would a bus that hasnt been delivered be in an AOA??

bubzie

what the hell???

anyway, i saw it doing school bus 512, around 3:40, in southlands. looks pretty good!!

Buzz Killington

i passed it on the parkway this arvo, it was heading towards belco, probably around 4.30-4.40pm. Only got a quick look, but it looked ok

Buzz Killington

Fun Fact: The previous "Fat guy in a tub" AOA was on from 24 January 2007 until 11 March 2008.

Didnt seem like that long

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Bus 400 on March 17, 2008, 04:13:11 PM
Bus 374, the MAN Bus that comes into serviced in the next few months.
WTF?????

The fat guy in the tub was on there for over a year? Wow, yeah, a blink of an eye really.....

Bus 400

Quote from: Ryan on March 17, 2008, 05:13:28 PM
and just why the hell would a bus that hasnt been delivered be in an AOA??

It wil be in the corporate colours of ACTION. With the ACTION logo & important information on it & will have some of ACTION's services on the front.

Sir Pompously

Yah hah, an AOA is not a colour scheme or Livery. It is an advertisement for another company, someone different to ACTION. A Special Scheme is something which (Like Parliament House) ACTION Sponsers, or ACTION has a partnership with to create awarness. They are still an advertisement but normally the company involved does not pay to keep the AOA on the bus, where it can be for a good 10 years. Cultural Base is a good 15 or so years.

Jack Bauer

Looks shit - does the bus no justice.

Buzz Killington

108 hasn't looked awesome since floriade :/

Irisbus Rider

True, but it was getting quite worse for wear towards the end there, but it was good.

Buzz Killington

i used to get it every morning on my tuggers school bus.... [/reminisce]