2017 Electric Bus Trial

Started by Busfanatic101, September 06, 2016, 05:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busfanatic101

ACTION have announced it will commence the trial with 3 buses in January

QuoteThree electric buses supplied by Australian based company AVASS Bus Manufacturing will join the ACTION bus fleet in January 2017 as part of a 12 month trial.Electric buses are becoming more economical and operationally viable, with obvious benefits for the environment.The coming few months before the trial starts will be used to train ACTION drivers and mechanics about how they work, install charging equipment at bus depot and fit-out the buses with necessary equipment like MyWay ticketing, CCTV, bike racks and NXTBUS real time information system.The bus pictured is a coach, the buses ACTION will be trialling will be a standard bus and will be accessible.
https://www.facebook.com/TransportCanberra/posts/633203896857629

Sylvan Loves Buses

awesome, can't wait!

will they be numbered 490, 490 and 490? lol :P >:D

The Love Guru

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on September 06, 2016, 08:06:11 PM
awesome, can't wait!

will they be numbered 490, 490 and 490? lol [emoji14] >:D
Oh my word! You're over enthusiastic!

(Censored by moderator )

Barry Drive

Done some basic research. AVASS is based at Avalon, Victoria.

Their product range at the moment is limited to a touring coach, a 12.5m City Bus (model name of Matilda) and a electric truck. Additional bus models and electric bikes are said to be available next year.

The buses appear to be offered as an integrated unit - although I suspect they're using an imported body kit such as from Gemilang.

More reading: Renew Economy - Australian made electric vehicles to begin production in July

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: The Love Guru on September 06, 2016, 11:05:55 PM
Oh my word! You're over enthusiastic!

Well I am a bus enthusiast :P :P :P

Sylvan Loves Buses

Well I just had a look at the wiki, and the unconfirmed numbers of the buses is a bit odd, but that's not what I'm posting for today.

Like other times in the past I have gone to see the reveals of new ACTION buses, including the E5, Steer-tag and Artic. Pretty much most of them but 1 were coincidental - just happened to be passing by as it happened, but 1 time I was alerted to it a couple days beforehand.
So, to the point; will ACTION be having a show-off of one of these trial buses outside of The Canberra Theater or some place else, like all those times before? I would very much like to go see these ones when they arrive too!
I'm guessing it will happen in December going by the wiki info.
Sure, I'll have a year to ride them, but the reveal is more exciting ;P

Bus 400

If it's a chance for a Politician to gettheir face in the media by showing what they're doing for public transport & the environment. You can guarantee they'll be on display.

If you the media relations peeps in the Government had their way, they'd probably extend the light rail to outside the assembly for the first "Look What We've Done"

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk