MAN (374-389) Deliveries

Started by Bus 400, April 10, 2008, 01:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

Around a month ago, I sent an e-mail to ACTION asking about Buses 703 & 914 & the new buses. I just recieved a reply from them today giving me some information.

Quote from: ACTION
Dear Julian

I refer to the following enquiry, and sincerely apologise for the delay in responding.

BUS 914.  At this time no formal assessment has been carried out on this bus.  ACTION?s insurers will examine the bus in due course and make an assessment on whether the vehicle will be written off.  If the bus is considered a total loss, ACTION will be given the opportunity to retain the bus for it?s salvage value.  The bus could then be broken up for spare parts, however, only non safety critical parts are retained from accident damaged buses.

BUS 703.   This bus is an insurance write-off following a driveline failure incident in 2006.  The incident resulted in major mechanical and structural damage being caused to supporting chassis structural members, associated pneumatic and electrical conduit runs as well as driveshaft and transmission components.  The bus is currently being used for spare parts.

New buses.  ACTION is in the process of acquiring 16 new MAN A69 18-310 CNG rigid buses to be delivered between April and November 2008.  These buses will be used to augment the current fleet and will not be replacing old buses.

Kind regards
Jenny Bowler
Customer Liaison Officer
ACTION
email:  action@act.gov.au

Buzz Killington

thanks for that, good to see an "official line"

Irisbus Rider

Thanks for that info TP3000, it's always good to get a confirmatrion on things.....

Busnerd

Bus 400

Recieved a reply in relation to the MAN Buses bus number.

Quote from: ACTION"
Dear Julian,

Thank you for your enquiry.

ACTION's Engineering Department has advised that (more than likely), the 16 new bus numbers will commence from 374 and run consecutively.

Kind regards

Jenny Bowler
Customer Liaison Officer
ACTION
email:  action@act.gov.au

Most people probably already knew that. But it is good to get confirmation.

I also recieved 8 Scania bus models through the post today from Jenny.

Buzz Killington

All members please post any updates on the MAN deliveries in this thread. Any new topics will be merged into this thread, so please save us the hassle.

Once the buses arrive, we will then close this thread and begin a new one.

Buzz Killington

according to Renault Rider, thanks to T970, these buses will have rear destos

Bus 400

Quote from: Charles Logan on May 25, 2008, 08:51:06 PM
& in ATDB I thought that ACTION might be trailling them & I was shot down.

Busnerd

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 25, 2008, 09:52:02 PM
Quote from: Charles Logan on May 25, 2008, 08:51:06 PM
& in ATDB I thought that ACTION might be trailling them & I was shot down.

Thats because your always wrong and post crap :)

Cheers, CT

Irisbus Rider

Yeah, it's about time for rear destos!

Simes

Quote from: Charles Logan on April 14, 2008, 07:18:03 PM
All members please post any updates on the MAN deliveries in this thread. Any new topics will be merged into this thread, so please save us the hassle.

I'll keep an eye out round the traps up here......

Jack Bauer

Quote from: Simes on June 25, 2008, 01:07:10 AM

I'll keep an eye out round the traps up here......

Cheers.

Irisbus Rider

Apparently we're getting a few more MANs than we originally expected.

And, oh, 374 has been on driver training since Wednesday.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Renault Rider on June 27, 2008, 12:24:44 PM
Apparently we're getting a few more MANs than we originally expected.
What's your source for this? The Wikipedia page has also been updated to say 19 MANs are on order, yet the ACTION newsletter ("InterACTION") which came out when Network 08 was introduced said there will be "16 new easy acess buses (sic)".

Irisbus Rider

My source was a Tuggeranong driver, username T970 on ATDB.

3 extra buses could hep ACTION.

Buzz Killington

lol, you say "username T970" as though none of us know who he is

Jack Bauer

That's like using the term Agent 86 as if we dont know who it is...

Buzz Killington

CanberraTransport

Buzz Killington

CanberraTransport

Snorzac

The Canberra time says that we are getting 116 man buses of the next 4 years.

Irisbus Rider

What? More info please!!!

As far as I know, the tender results would be released soon, maybe they have been released.

Because we're getting 16 MAN's as we all know, plus the tender of 100 buses, who knows, we might be lucky.

Snorzac

QuoteThe 116 buses will cost $58 million over the next four years. The German-made MAN buses will result in a majority of the fleet being dissability accessible by 2012

This is part of the artcile from the Canberra Sunday times on July 20.

Buzz Killington

QuoteNew ACTION bus arrives in the ACT
Released 21/07/2008

Minister for Territory and Municipal Services today announced that the first MAN bus has arrived at ACTION.

"The new MAN bus looks similar to other buses on the road but it incorporates a number of changes/improvements:

Major revision to wheelchair area layout including new modesty barriers improving passenger safety;
Extra bellpush buttons and padding in passenger seats;
LED lights on rear of bus;
Automatically dimming interior lights to reduce glare & reflection on windscreen;
Rear destination sign fitted; and
Fitting of XIR windscreen and corner glass panels to front of bus reducing the transmission of infrared light (heat) from direct sunlight.
A number of features have also been redesigned:

Revised larger driver's cabin layout.
Complete revision of air-conditioning - including change of air-conditioning supplier, redesign and improvement of airflow to front of saloon and drivers area.
Complete redesign and improvement to drivers heating- including fitting of extra boost pump for improved flow of coolant through heater core.
"This new MAN bus is the first of 16 buses to be added to the ACTION fleet and is just one of the many initiatives underway to improve public transport services to our community," said Mr Hargreaves.

"The ACT Government has committed nearly $50 million dollars over four years on the 2008-09 Budget to purchase an additional 100 new efficient, more accessible buses as part of the bus fleet replacement program.

"The purchase of new buses also ensured ACTION met the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) with 25% of the fleet meeting the standard for accessible public transport. The arrival of the rest of the buses will mean that ACTION will meet the DDA requirement for 55% in 2012.

"ACTION's bus fleet includes 99 easy access buses. Each of these buses is equipped with an extendable ramp, a wide front entrance, and space in the bus to accommodate wheelchairs or prams.

"The first MAN bus (BUS 374) will be on the road by the end of the month," said Mr Hargreaves.

"ACTION expects the remaining 15 MAN buses to arrive over the coming months.

The Minister said that the additional 100 buses will progressively enter the fleet commencing June 2009 with final delivery by December 2012.

Snorzac

Quote from: ATDBSaw a new Action bus at Bachuss Marsh heading toward Melbourne on the western freeway at 8,30 this morning. As I was heading the other way I couldn't see excactly what fleet number but it looked like a MAN with CB60 body Evo II chassis, but I did notice it did not have rego plates as it was on the back of a semi.  Very shiney and new

Looks like 375 may be on it's way

Sir Pompously

Could be 376, who knows? RR Stated seeing one at Sutton Forest on a truck, so they may be coming all at once.

Snorzac

If it's on the back of a truck that would mean that it isn't being delivered right away, am I right? Is there a time frame we can put on it

Sir Pompously

Not really. Whenever it is finished on Sydney, it will come down here then get prepped for service.

Snorzac

Acording to Sir Pompously there is a brand new MAN at the Tuggronong depot

Buzz Killington

There is. It's parked at the back of the workshops (Reed St side), no plates or fleet numbers. 374 is parked in that bunch of buses that sit between the sheds and the workshop.

Busnerd

Ok, so 374 is at tugg, 375 is at tugg, 376 is at customs in sydney and im assuming the either that or 377 was the one seen in vic

Snorzac

unless there is a delay with 375 and it is 376 at tugg. doubt it though. I will try and get out there next sunday

Busnerd

why would there be a delay? if there is an MAN at tugg, it will be 375...there isnt anymore down there, it is 375 but doesnt have fleet numbers or rego plates yet...376 is at customs in sydney

Snorzac

It was just something that I felt like saying, I did say that it was unlikley though
Quote from: Renault PR100.3 on August 31, 2008, 05:54:02 PM
doubt it though

and there is apparently 3 or 4 at customs in Adelaide according to Dave C from ATDB

Quote from: Dave C (ATDB)There are at least 4 at CC Adelaide near completion.

Snorzac

What happened to closing the thread and starting a new one

Buzz Killington

Snorzac

To view picture of 2 new MANs at cc in Adelaide follow the link
http://busaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34355&p=384794#p384794             

Barry Drive

So do we now agree that ACTION is getting 16 MANs not 19?

Irisbus Rider

Ha ha, yeah, I think thats the general concencus now, but what a shame, they're great buses.

Snorzac

Another bus has being sighted on the back of a truck near Yass. Is there any more out at Tuggs, as mentioned in another thread it looks like 375 or another is at Belco having some work done, is there any others about the place?

Buzz Killington

I think there's three, possibly four at tuggers.

Sir Pompously

There are three in Canberra currently, that any of us know of (That is current as of tues/wed), as three were sighted at Tuggeranong (Two in the workshop and 374). The one on the truck would be heading to CC at Sydney.

Snorzac

According to BA fleetlists we have 374 and 376. I did e-mail a few weeks ago saying we had 374 in service and 375 at the workshops as well as the changes in the 982 and 990 livery.

Snorzac

Another one should have arrived at tuggs yesterday. It was sighted and photographed driving down the highway by atdb username 846. It can be seen on the thread with the MAN on the truck but a bit further on in it. If I am correct it should be 377 or 378.

Snorzac

Another 2 sighted driving south on the Hume highway. I would say 378 and 379 or 379 and 380, which should bing the total of buses to 5 or 6. Can anyone look at how many there are at Tuggy depot, I have to work both days this weekend so I doubt I will have a chance but I will if I can.

Buzz Killington

or, you could let someone who lives in tuggers (and all have cars) like Pompously, Bubzie, Bauer or myself check it out,

bubzie

i drove past, 375 is definatly there, didnt notice/see any others.. (I had bigger problems...like the drivers infront of me..)

Buzz Killington

I just drove past, and there's three between the sheds and workshop (all in a row, 375 with fleet numbers and a bike rack), two others without a bike rack. Plus there's one in the workshop.

So that makes four. Presumably, 374, 375, 376 and 377.

Snorzac

Quote from: Charles Logan on September 19, 2008, 04:57:03 PM
I just drove past, and there's three between the sheds and workshop (all in a row, 375 with fleet numbers and a bike rack), two others without a bike rack. Plus there's one in the workshop.

378 and 379. There must be another as there was three sighted driving to Canberra this week and last week there was 3 if I am remembering correctly. That would be right, 376, 377 and 378 would have been the 2 spotted over the last few days on their way down. Hoping to see 375 in service by the end of next week, it should be according to an ACTION driver who is a very reliable source as he was the one who told me 990 would be in service by the end of this week. The rest are apparently going to come in clumps of 4 or 5 per week, and we should be seeing 389 in service by the end of November assuming there is no delays. 

Sir Pompously

Quote from: Renault PR100.3 on September 19, 2008, 10:08:04 PM
Quote from: Charles Logan on September 19, 2008, 04:57:03 PM

378 and 379. There must be another as there was three sighted driving to Canberra this week and last week there was 3 if I am remembering correctly. That would be right, 376, 377 and 378 would have been the 2 spotted over the last few days on their way down. Hoping to see 375 in service by the end of next week, it should be according to an ACTION driver who is a very reliable source as he was the one who told me 990 would be in service by the end of this week. The rest are apparently going to come in clumps of 4 or 5 per week, and we should be seeing 389 in service by the end of November assuming there is no delays. 
Well off your trot down to Tuggeranong and see if you can see anymore down there.

375 has been numbered and bike racked since about Monday from memory, so it should be in service soon provided it has been fitted with radio equipment.

Snorzac

Well you have 374 and 375 making 2 +2 and then another in the workshops which makes 5 not 4. But last week there was 3 and we have had 3 delivered this week. I have on good word that 376 may be in one of the workshops in Belco. Which may explain why I just saw a MAN at Belco and then       see 374 drive past. But it was from a rather strange angle and it may have just being a Scania on a meal break which it probably, I could see the gas pod bit, the fleet number and not much else. I think it was 366 if it wasn't 376.

Snorzac

There was 7 I counted on Saturday. 375, 377 and 379 at the back of the workshops with 921, 374 and 376 at the front of the workshops,another in the workshops presumably 378 and one without fleet number which would probably be 380.

CanberraTransport

378 was doing a school service this morning.

Lockie

Quote from: CanberraTransport on October 13, 2008, 05:31:50 PM
378 was doing a school service this morning.

Gosh. They are going to ruin a brand new bus!

Buzz Killington

There were two MAN's sitting out the back of the workshops with no fleet numbers yesterday arvo. 381 and 382 maybe?

Snorzac

There were 2 in the workshops today that would be them. 901 was out this morning

Snorzac

380 is in service. It's just leaving belco on a 7

Irisbus Rider

Snorzac

Where were you, I got off 319 and then got onto a Scania on a 312 or were you not at Belco?

bubzie

psst, he's really not that hard to miss :P

Irisbus Rider

I was on a bus driving by the layover when I saw it.

:P Yeah I reckon, he should've seen me!

Snorzac

I wasn't really looking for you. What route were you on?

Irisbus Rider

Snorzac

The Love Guru

Yes, its been out pretty much all week, i didn't see it Monday tho.

Snorzac

Ok, so pretty much the same as 380.

ec6060

well i saw 375-378 running routes this afternoon to and from belco

Buzz Killington

There's two unplated MANs at Tuggers depot, no fleet numbers either. One parked out the back of the workshops, one parked inside.

Snorzac

All but 378 were on the road today

Buzz Killington

The Love Guru

381 was sighted in service as of Mon 10/11/08.

Snorzac

381 and 382 have being in service for a while now. I also believe that 384 has being in service since Thursday.

Snorzac

385 and 386 are there, still no sign of 383 unless it was the onf tucked in the workshops

Snorzac

Turns out the bus in the workshops was 382. I somehow missed 383 which was hiding behind 711. 383, 385 and 386 are only missing rear plates, otherwise they are all ready to go.

Irisbus Rider

Ha, ACTION were right, they'd all be in service by the end of November.

Wow. Does that mean the new buses will come November next year? Nyaaaaah.

Buzz Killington

two unmarked and unplated MANs in the depot at the moment...

Irisbus Rider

Oh, 383 was sighted by another board member today.

Snorzac

Snorzac

I got 382 this morning, so it is now in service. I believe that it is the first MAN to have the fleet numbers put on straight

Buzz Killington

Forgot to mention, 389 has been at T for like a week now

Snorzac

They are all at Tuggeranong. It was mentioned in the ATDB sometime late last week

Buzz Killington

well it wasnt posted here, was it

Snorzac

Correct although it was posted by a member of this forum

Snorzac

If you have read the corresponding thread on the ATDB you would know that 386 is in service. 389 (38) is also in service. The fleet numbers on 389 at the front near the CB60 crap on both sides however says 38.

Buzz Killington

shortage of 9's i guess.

they should've taken the CB60 stickers off like they did on the Irises and Scanias. It looks crap with the fleet number and CB60 part there. Although they could put the front fleet numbers up above the window line...

There's another MAN sitting in the depot without fleet numbers, not sure what one that is

Snorzac

390 possibly, if they have one. Or possibly an earlier one that was delayed.

Buzz Killington

Snorzac

There was some talk from drivers of the buses stopping at 391 rather than 389, but I am saying it is probably one that is delayed

Buzz Killington

i know thats what you weer saying, but there is no 390. The MAN contract for this batch was 16 buses only

Snorzac

There are 3 that have not been seen at Tuggeranong a source has told me. 385, 387 and 388 so it is safe to assume that it was one of these

Buzz Killington

Snorzac

One of the other 2 then, 388 i'd say. 385 has been there for about a week IIRC

Barry Drive

Since all MANs are now on the road, it might be time to close off this thread.

By the way take a look at the rear of 381 - is it the first MAN to sustain body damage?

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on November 17, 2008, 09:08:08 PM
Wow. Does that mean the new buses will come November next year? Nyaaaaah.

Heh!

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Buzz Killington on December 24, 2009, 07:42:34 PM
Heh!
Lol, Noooo!

Seems as though ACTION have proved me wrong, with that pessimistic attitude of mine. The feeling I've now come to know with ACTION has been 'No expectations, no dissapointments' lol.