Belconnen Depot Full?

Started by Bus 400, July 01, 2009, 08:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

I have been told by a driver that one of the bosses at Belconnen Depot told them that they'll have NO room when the new buses arrive at Belconnen Depot. Plus none of the old buses will be sold for quite a while as, everyone should know, ACTION are short of buses.

Also (as confirmed by a RATEC member) Old Woden Depot currently isn't safe, so for a while it can't be opened. A RATEC member told me that drivers use to get paid an extra hour as the fire stairs weren't safe. But the businesses that currently occupy Woden Depot grounds are only on monthly leases, so at any time they can be kicked out.

Irisbus Rider

Woden won't be around for some time yet.

Remember, at Belconnen, the MANs will be replacing the borrowed 100.2s from Tuggeranong, so after about 15 buses, there will be limited room. Maybe time to lose the 'special white buses'.....

Bus 400

As far as I know, Belconnen Depot are still short of buses. With a few times drivers "borrowing" buses from workshop. But last Sunday I could see the workshop & the buses were double parked along the fuel line, workshop layover was packed & a few buses just made it past the Depot Canteen layover. As one of 2 buses were parked with the bottoms sticking out & drivers had parked in the depot for their meal break. So one MAN just squeezed through.

What I think should happen is expand the Belconnen Depot into that carpark that is fenced off. If it is used a workshop layover on weekends & driver layover 7 days. It could also be used to store the older buses. Or maybe a Central Depot could be built to store the SNT buses.

Irisbus Rider

Weekends usually see the workshop area quite full.

The land is being sold off, and the Belconnne Depot isn't going to be expanded any time soon, they will probably just rearrange the way the buses park or some quick-fix like that.

Bus 400

Yeah that carpark is being turned into some retail thing