Which Terminus/Interchange is it??? #13

Started by Sylvan Loves Buses, October 28, 2016, 08:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvan Loves Buses

Hello again, welcome to the 13th installation of the Which Terminus/Interchange is it? Game.

Rule reminder:

1. 1 entry/guess each. (please no hints, I'd prefer to do that myself)
2. Previous Winners with higher win counts can participate (and please do as opposed to private messaging me :P), but for each additional win, the amount of time will be increased before I will reveal the correct answer. (x1 win = 4 days, x2 = 7 days, x3 = 10 days - unless days exceed game date limit - usually the 18th of any month)
Previous winners:
  • Barry Drive x1 win
  • Busfanatic101 x1 win
  • Bus 503 x2 wins
  • Buzz Killington x1 win

• King of Buses x3 wins
    • Skitube x1 win
    • 743 x1 win
    • 2x cancelled wins
    So in case of the 5 known non-previous winners guessing correctly this new system will provide an extra chance for them - I would like to have at least every currently active user on here to have 1 win.
    3. Please be advised, participating will also require your input for the actual drawing. (minimum input required - bus number/model)
    4. If you do know it, post it in! - and to prevent confusion, including the street name/s
    5. No trolling please.

Don't worry about missing out, there will always be a next time. I still have plenty of birds eye drawings left (some of which I still haven't done yet :-\).

Which interchange/terminus is this?

Barry Drive

If that's where I think it's supposed to be, the representation of the street on the left of the drawing is inaccurate.

That intersection does not have square corners, but is far more rounded.

Sylvan Loves Buses

That was one of my first birds-eye drawings, so the accuracy is going to not be as good as compared to now.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Open to 1x winners,

First Clue - Close to 3 other termini. 

Sylvan Loves Buses

Now open to 1x and 2x winners

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on October 30, 2016, 01:48:45 PMIf that's where I think it's supposed to be

Quote from: Game Rules4. If you do know it, post it in!

Open to all now.

Clue no.2 - Bus Stop Pegs 8)

Sylvan Loves Buses

i don't have as much time to do this drawing this month as I have had with the others, please someone contribute.

Clue no.3 - This Terminus is close to 3 other Termini

Snorzac

Must be Hall terminus

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

King of Buses

Quote from: #Domelight Drew on November 11, 2016, 06:05:06 PM
Must be Hall terminus

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nah, it's gotta be Oaks Estate. That's close to 3 other terminii right? Fairbairn Park, Queanbeyan Interchange and Queanbeyan East?

Barry Drive

Definitely Mawson this time.

Close to Farrer, Torrens and Pearce.

The Love Guru

Spence!
Choose to Giralang, Fraser East and Hall

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Sylvan Loves Buses

I don't know if you guys are being sarcastic or not.

Spence, Mawson, whereever Oaks Easate is, and Hall? no, none of those are correct, but I'll rephrase the hints for the others

1 - It's near 3 other termini,
2 - Bus Pegs (yellow/black) are still located near by (unless they've been taken away since I drew the birds-eye last year)
3 - (i meant to say) this one is close to 2 other termini I've already done.

I accidentally repeated hint 1 with hint 3, sorry.

King of Buses

The Love Guru

Is it Bergman College?
There used to be bus pegs in Palmerston.
There is Kate Crace, Gungahlin MP and Anthony Rolfe nearby.
Meets all the criteria.
Be complete rubbish if it's not right, it even has a huge car park like a school would have.

The Love Guru

Really? That's harsh. I thought it was so close.
I'll have to keep thinking about it.
It kinda reminds me of a terminus i used to turn around at on the weekends but not weekdays but u cant recall exactly where it is....

King of Buses

Quote from: The Love Guru on November 12, 2016, 04:19:21 PM
Really? That's harsh. I thought it was so close.
I'll have to keep thinking about it.
It kinda reminds me of a terminus i used to turn around at on the weekends but not weekdays but u cant recall exactly where it is....

A bit like Fraser East Terminus maybe? It's close to Fraser West and the two terminii in Spence and you'd only turn around there on a 907 because the 14/314/714 goes past but not in.

Bus 503

The suspense is killing me! Where could this terminus possibly be?

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: King of Buses on November 12, 2016, 10:30:49 AM
Near the suburb of Beard.

Where in Canberra is that anyway? never heard of it.

Hint 4 - Only 1 route number on any particular day would terminate/turn around here (excluding school services) since 1998 (cause that's how far my timetable knowledge goes, any earlier, idk). Not to get too confusing, the same number would/will terminate/turn around here all day long, then either the same route or another number would do the same on the weekends.

King of Buses

Sylvan Loves Buses

There are 2 days remaining till the close date of this game.

I will allow everyone who has had an entry/guess another, as it would appear the other active users either have no interest, or aren't as active as I thought.

I shall also expand on the hints, as well as give another to assist.

Hint 1 - This Terminus is not close, but on a map looks like it is near by to 3 other termini.
Hint 2 - There are yellow and black bus stop pegs still located near this terminus, although as this drawing was made over a year ago, it is possible that they may have been removed since. Also is you look closely enough to the top left of the drawing, that tiny square that sits within the footpath that extends leftward, is actually a bus peg top down.
Hint 3 - As Hint 1 provides, this terminus is located near 2 other termini I have done already.
Hint 4 - Only 1 route number on any particular day would terminate/turn around here (excluding school services) since 1998 (that I know of). Since then, the routes only significant change other than streets leading here, is its route number on weekends.
Hint 5 - This Terminus is located in the 'Central Canberra' zone. (refer to a 1990s timetable or 2016 book if that helps :P)

Skitube

The Love Guru

Quote from: Skitube on November 16, 2016, 02:39:08 PM
Martina St opposite of Tarana St?
Nah it couldn't be, the shape of Tarana Street is wrong.

Barry Drive

Also that location is close to 5* other terminuseses (if you count inactive ones), so it doesn't fit the clue.

* Or 6 depending on how close is close.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Skitube on November 16, 2016, 02:39:08 PM
Martina St opposite of Tarana St?

Also known as Narrabundah Terminus - Correct! Finally someone got it, I was about to lose all hope...

I was actually looking at google maps earlier, the shapes of the way I drew the terminus are fine, I only got the car park length wrong.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on November 16, 2016, 05:57:09 PM
I was actually looking at google maps earlier, the shapes of the way I drew the terminus are fine, I only got the car park length wrong.
Try looking at Google Earth (satellite view). Then you'll see that the shapes are far from accurate.

And misleading hints don't help anyone either. Just which 3 terminuses are nearby (and what of the other 3 you ignored)?

Sylvan Loves Buses

it's called art man, not photography, in art, nothing has to be perfect

and the 3 other termini i was thinking of were Red Hill, Kingston Station and Fyshwick Terminus.

The Love Guru

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on November 16, 2016, 07:24:51 PM
it's called art man, not photography, in art, nothing has to be perfect

and the 3 other termini i was thinking of were Red Hill, Kingston Station and Fyshwick Terminus.

See the shape is wrong! There is no way you could turn a bus out on the drawing. Very misleading Sylvan, please try and ensure greater accuracy next time.

Barry Drive

Sylvan Loves Buses

There you see, a bus stop peg is still there.

and I was told this is one of a few left in Canberra that have been listed as heritage property or something now, is that correct?

Bus 503

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on November 22, 2016, 02:16:20 AM
There you see, a bus stop peg is still there.

No one ever said that the peg had been removed.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Well, I wasn't sure, which is why I stated this

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on November 14, 2016, 11:54:29 PM
Hint 2 - There are yellow and black bus stop pegs still located near this terminus, although as this drawing was made over a year ago, it is possible that they may have been removed since.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Funny enough, I believe this is the first ever concrete shelter I've ever drawn :popping:

King of Buses

Poor 725 isn't going to make it out of there unharmed...the driver is turning too soon  :'(

Hope it gets fixed properly after this (and the difficulty it had getting into Chapman Terminus a few drawings ago...).

Skitube

that bunker shelter won't survive either...