Minor Maintenance/Repairs Thread

Started by Buzz Killington, May 14, 2009, 06:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

Probably. They break down all the time. I did see 110 being followed back in to the depot by the breakdown van at about 11am so it could have been it.

I_adore_buses

I saw one about 3:35pm when I was on school bus :D   Go on CHAT

Bus 400

One of them on a 28 yesterday. It was followed back to Belconnen Depot by the breakdown van. Forget which one it was.

Snorzac

I think that was 118, I saw that as it was arriving at the depot

Barry Drive

Quote from: Lemon on August 31, 2009, 10:53:43 PM
760 is now in the workshops with a 'metallic' front. lol
And now it's back in service.

Busnerd

956 has a near rear engine hatch, it looks very naked, as its missing the reflective stripes.

760's new front looks very shiny! Plus seeing all these orange stickers covering up the ripped paintwork, they look so silly, they don't even match properly.

Buzz Killington

980 was towed back to Belco Depot last night, and 949 is missing an engine at the moment.

Bus 400

A 8** is at the back of Tuggeranong Workshop & has been there for quite a while with its back end quite low down.

Busnerd

Keep in mind that buses run on air suspension. More than likely the rear bags leak air faster than the front in this bus, causing it to sit on the ground.

Bus 400

I don't know if this would count as minor, but apparently all Renault Buses are being fitted with this device that sounds an alarm if the driver opens the door to his cockpit & the handbrake is not on. They have this same system in Adelaide.

I would assume this is a result of the court case involving the bus crashing into Kippax Medical Centre.

Snorzac

it will be all buses, not just the renos

Bus 400

Ok, I know on the Scania's you can't shut the front doors by the outside switch if the handbrake isn't on, I'm not sure about the MAN's. I know this as a story was going around that if the bus was left in gear & you closed the doors through the outside switch the bus would drive off. So driver & I tested this theory (the legal way).

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Bus 400 on September 25, 2009, 08:02:19 PM
I don't know if this would count as minor, but apparently all Renault Buses are being fitted with this device that sounds an alarm if the driver opens the door to his cockpit & the handbrake is not on. They have this same system in Adelaide.
The have the same system over most of the country.

343 features this systemn, it can get very very annoying.

Bus 400

Quote from: MaxiZac on September 17, 2009, 03:03:45 PM
340 Was Seen At Custom Coaches Sydney for Repairs.

340 was back in service this week with bike rack on the front.

Buzz Killington

989 broke down on Northbourne this evening

Bus 400

328 is currently at Custom Coaches Sydney.

Snorzac

Not sure what is going on there. Apparently it blew a turbo a few weeks back but that would have nothing to do with it been at Customs.

Bus 400

Would the warranty be up on these buses yet? Maybe that is.....?

Busnerd

Warranty did not appear to be up. 328 was there getting parts in the rear re fitted, like new flooring and insulation and wall panels. 331 was also there, did not see what for.

Bus 400

Bus 360 was sent to workshop after a very strong smell of CNG near the back seat & a lot of heat rising from the engine. Nearly knocked me out.

Snorzac

307 dropped most of its coolant in the City Interchange today

Busnerd

belcodriver

Quote from: Lemon on October 15, 2009, 07:38:25 PM
307 dropped most of its coolant in the City Interchange today

Not the only thing it dropped. The bolt that the engine hangs from the engine mount on broke dropping the engine several inches this tearing a hose. What a genius design.

Bus 400

374 was checked out by Belconnen Workshop with an engine sounding like death warmed up. It was back on runs an hour later & sounded the best it has for ages.

Snorzac

Yeah 374 is fucked! Saw 380 getting some lights fixed between runs at Belco the other morning.

lukeo25

Yesterday i saw 389 broken down with its hazard lights flashing at the bus stop at capital self storage on athllon dr, this about 3.55-4.00 

Bus 400

I can't be certain which bus it was, but a call went over the 2-way for drivers to check their buses with an oil leak near the rear doors. There was a puddle of oil at Merici College, Daramalan College & Brindabella Christian College with unconfirmed reports of an oil puddle out at Fairbairn Park

Bus 400

379 was on Tuggeranong bricks with a smashed window on the left side.

Buses 103,104,106 & 107 all had to go back to workshop on completion of shifts for some work, but I didn't catch the second half of the message.

The Love Guru

Quote from: Bus 400 on October 23, 2009, 07:49:01 PM
379 was on Tuggeranong bricks with a smashed window on the left side.

Buses 103,104,106 & 107 all had to go back to workshop on completion of shifts for some work, but I didn't catch the second half of the message.

I'll take a stab in the dark and say they'll have their ads changed on the back over the weekend. This is common practice at B.

Snorzac

Yeah there is an ad change this weekend.

I think it is 393 (may be 392) has a shattered side desto glass and to the scum that smashed the window on 379 all I have to say to them is FUCK YOU!

The Love Guru

Quote from: Lemon on October 23, 2009, 10:19:14 PM
Yeah there is an ad change this weekend.

I think it is 393 (may be 392) has a shattered side desto glass and to the scum that smashed the window on 379 all I have to say to them is FUCK YOU!

I'm fairly sure the window breaking scum aren't reading this forum Lemon!

Busnerd

isn't always a passenger, it could be the driver tailswinging?

Snorzac

true, anyway if the scum do read it....

Bus 400

It was near the Emergency Exit windows. But then again are there any reports/stories of 379 in an accident?

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on October 23, 2009, 07:49:01 PM
Buses 103 104 106 & 107 all had to go back to workshop on completion of shifts for some work, but I didn't catch the second half of the message.
127, not 107. They all have the industrie kids ads on the back.

Bus 400

I may of found out the story. A rock was thrown at a gas bus recently & it went straight through to the other window. It occurred in the dangerous suburb of Calwell

bubzie

...calwell is not that dangerous. :bonk:

Snorzac

Bus 400

It was Bus 368 where the rock went straight through (was in Calwell). This was ACTION's third incident this week, with Deanes recording another incident.

Kambah ain't that bad, quite a lot of ACTION workers live in Kambah.

Buzz Killington

Kambah's no worse than many other suburbs.

Snorzac

If anyone has been past Belco depot this afternoon they would have noticed that the workshop layover has flooded over onto the Coulter Drive side of the depot. Going past I counted 7 Irises.

Bus 400

I drove on the Cohen Street side this afternoon (not long after an older member of the forum had left the depot). That side was chockers. It looked like half of the Belconnen fleet were there with 1/4 on the roads & 1/4 in the sheds.

Workshop guys will be busy tomorrow

Snorzac

Ed reports that 375 broke down today after a bike on the bike rack touched the windscreen wiper causing it to stop.

Bus 400

A gas bus is at Tuggeranong workshop as the doors wouldn't shut. It went in yesterday & was still there today. Don't know what number.

391 is also on the Belconnen bricks

362 is likely to be booked in after the gear box kept on stuffing up. Going up hills the bus would rev & then roll to a stop.

Snorzac

958 was towed back to the depot this morning. Don't know where or when but I saw it been unloaded from the truck at about 8am.

Bus 400

390 was put in the workshop as of reports of technical faults. What I witnessed was as it was accelerating it would make the sound the Irisbus's do-engine revs high, but not as much power is given to the wheels.

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Bus 400 on November 02, 2009, 06:09:30 PM
What I witnessed was as it was accelerating it would make the sound the Irisbus's do-engine revs high, but not as much power is given to the wheels.
That's generally how buses move lol.

But seriously, it may mean it has been cut back, something that needs to be done to avoid high fuel consumption.

Busnerd

Not really, if you cut power to a vehicle, yes you may use less fuel, however you get less power, the bus has to work harder to get up hills etc. therefore more chance of overheating etc. and more chance of breakdowns and accidents.

Irisbus Rider

Yep, that's exactly right. The Iris' are a perfect example of that.

Although, with the MANs, it needed to be done, 60L/100km (IIRC) is slightly excessive.