Recent posts

Routes and Timetables / Re: Network 2023
Last post by triumph - April 12, 2024, 11:17:17 PM
Quote from: Bus 503 on April 12, 2024, 08:34:34 PM... Also, on a somewhat unrelated note, I've noticed a regular shift I get on is marked as non-wheelchair accessible on the TC website but gets a Belconnen EURO every day - has never gotten a PR2 ever so far as I know. Perhaps with the current timetable, TC has overestimated the number of PR2s needed for a regular weekday.
I also have noticed many runs marked non-accessible which PR2s don't seem to regularly appear on. It has already been reported in the Forum that if an accessible bus is available, then it will be substituted for a PR2. Because of the potential variability in the use of PR2s. I had assumed that TC was being cautious in showing any run which might be allocated a PR2 on occasion, as non-accessible. Certainly I don't think there are enough active PR2s to simultaneously cover all the services now shown as non-accessible. The only downsides are for enthusiasts trying to find PR2s and the possibility of mis-interpretation of the prevalence of non-accessible services. The latter fair enough, as that is what is now published.
There are currently 6 new buses on hand, with the potential to enter service by the end of the school holidays. Thus, if that happens, the PR2 active bus fleet could be almost halved going into the next term.
The Playground / Re: What PT did you get today?...
Last post by triumph - April 12, 2024, 10:55:43 PM
933 (47) 2nd oldest bus in service use.
544 (47)
Routes and Timetables / Re: Network 2023
Last post by Bus 503 - April 12, 2024, 08:34:34 PM
Have recently noticed some Irisbus shifts have been all over the place with bus allocations - often "upgraded" to MAN and K320UBs, at least once to an articulated bus. Perhaps the increase in Bustechs at Belconnen means more EUROs available to take out in place of Irisbuses. Also, on a somewhat unrelated note, I've noticed a regular shift I get on is marked as non-wheelchair accessible on the TC website but gets a Belconnen EURO every day - has never gotten a PR2 ever so far as I know. Perhaps with the current timetable, TC has overestimated the number of PR2s needed for a regular weekday.
Last post by triumph - April 10, 2024, 09:37:46 PM
705 (R3)
706 (R4) Consecutive fleet numbers is quite rare for me.
633 (57)
382 (57) Very unusual, just after mid-day, a full load boarded at Federation Mall stop. Had MyWays too.
399 (R3)
Fleet / Re: Renaults a go go: the fina...
Last post by triumph - April 05, 2024, 10:06:19 PM
Quote from: triumph on March 23, 2024, 11:09:33 PMThe pattern of one out for each new bus entering service seems to have been broken with the retirement of 934 and 345. Note that 345 was disability compliant, so 2 new buses need to enter service to just restore the Renault retirement pattern. Perhaps entry to service of some of the 4 CD Element 2s delivered last year is being anticipated.

The pattern is not quite as broken as I thought. Though not listed in fleet changes yet, I have just noticed 812 is shown in the Fleet List as delivered on the 27th March. It can't now be far from entering service.
Last post by triumph - April 05, 2024, 09:28:40 PM
405 (R3)
551 (54)
522 (54)
439 (R3)
Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses - April 05, 2024, 01:47:14 PM
The bus drivers on here would know better than me.

So far today:
980 (72S) - he's had this every day this week lol. I thought shift buses were a thing of the past.
308 (71N)
Last post by L94UBbusfan - April 05, 2024, 08:22:58 AM
I do rather like that 301 still has the old seat covers. Correct me if I am wrong on this, but I believe 301 is the only bus in the fleet without the rainbow or blue seat covers?
Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses - April 04, 2024, 08:22:52 PM
980 (72S)
301 (71N)

The weirdest thing happening this morning with 980, don't know if I should speak about it here or not because it's so out there that it may be really inappropriate. It was so weird that I'm tempted to see if the driver has 980 tomorrow and ride it to see if it happens again. I've never experienced anything like this on a Renault before, and I've seen/heard a lot of things over the last 27 years.
Also wow 301 still has all the old seating fabric, such a sight for sore eyes.
Last post by Snorzac - April 04, 2024, 07:41:04 PM
Sometimes you do get stuck in awkward spots with accidents, I was once running empty back to belconnen from Kippax late at night and the police closed Southern Cross/Coulter Dr after I had gone past the last availiable exit, the best thing to do is exactly what your driver did and just exercise a bit of patience, eventually the police guided me through the accident scene without interfering with any of the evidence that needed to be collected