Blue rapid buses

Started by Toyota Camry, July 23, 2018, 04:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toyota Camry

I have noticed that on weekdays; the blue rapid (300, 312, 314, 315, 316, 318, 319, 343) routes are operated with these bus types:

Scania K320UB Custom "CB80"
Scania K360UA Custom "CB80" Articulated
Scania K320UB Custom Coaches "CB60 Evo II" (14.5m)
Scania K320UB Volgren "Optimus"
Scania K320UB Bustech "VST"
MAN A69 18.310 Custom Coaches "CB60 Evo II"
MAN A69 18.320 HOCL-NL/E5 Custom Coaches "CB60 Evo II"
MAN A69 18.310 HOCL-NLTEP Custom Coaches "CB60 Evo II"
Renault PR100.2 Mk2 Ansair
Scania L94UB  Custom Coaches "CB60" Gas

These bus types do not seem to be common on the blue rapid route; I have noticed the Iribus and PR100.3 variants very occasionally, but they are not common.

Renault PR100.3 Austral Denning "Starliner"
Irisbus Agora Line Custom Coaches "CB60"
Scania K360UA Volgren "Optimus"
BYD Toro Gemilang Coachworks
Volvo B5RLEH Bustech "VSTH"

On a weekend; the bus types operating are much reduced. These are, to my best knowledge; the only bus types used on weekend route 300.

Scania K320UB Custom "CB80"
MAN A69 18.320 HOCL-NL/E5 Custom Coaches "CB60 Evo II"
Scania K320UB Volgren "Optimus"
Scania K320UB Bustech "VST"

It is noticable that whilst the Scania L94UB CB60 buses are used on weekends; they do not ever get used on route 300, but however are used on local routes. It is noticable that the Irisbus, Renault and Electric buses are not used at all on weekends; I recall around a decade ago the Renault PR100.2 buses were used on weekends on northside routes; but it has been many years since I had seen a Renault PR100.3 on a weekend.

Busfanatic101

What you are basically saying is that all bus types are used on the 300s, with less common buses being used less often?

I have seen both gassies operating the weekend blue rapid, and 710 operating on weekends. With all the shifts out there, it is highly likely that any bus type used on weekends would do a blue rapid at some point. It is simply a matter more newer buses now going out on weekends, meaning fewer older green buses, and a lower proportion of all services, including blue rapid services getting those older buses. I doubt there is any policy to only allocate gassies and hybrids to suburban routes. Irises in the other hand would generally only be used for training.

triumph

Seems to me quite logical that the PRs have disappeared from weekend services now that there enough accessible buses to cover weekend services.
Another influence besides shift/run arrangements might be driver qualification. I seem to have read somewhere that drivers have to be checked out on each model. If this is actually the case, some models, such as the electric trial buses, might have quite limited numbers of checked out drivers, likely more often than not to be on weekday rosters.