[DM] Photo Specials - Bullet Trains (Shinkansen)

Started by Sir Pompously, September 11, 2008, 12:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Pompously

Snorzac

I am going on one of these when I go to Japan on a school trip next September

Sir Pompously

They are good to go on. What are you doing on your school trip next year? A Sporting or a Study Tour?

Sir Pompously

Enjoy it. Make sure you visit a Karaoke Room with your friends or host family. They are good value, sometimes they can work out only a few $ between you all. I think it cost my mother, my best mate, two of his friends and me about 400-500 yen each. The Shinkansen is good, bear in mind that 3 companies operate Shinkanesen and transferring between JR Central/West and JR East can be abit of a bitch. However that is why you have teachers. Also the vending machines are cool, and they sell Fanta Grape (And CC Lemon) which are both very nice drinks.

Snorzac

I can't wait, it will be my first international trip and we will be flying via Singapore with one of SIA A380's 

Sir Pompously

If you are going to Tokyo first you may get both legs (I have researched it myself) as an A380, or one leg A380 and a 777. Or another combination is 747-400 and A380. I want to travel Business to Tokyo next time I go with SIA (Even though I don't want to stay in Tokyo, too busy). Osaka and Sapporo are the best, along with Kyoto and Nara as they have some beautiful tourist sites.

Snorzac

I think we are going to Nara, Hiroshima, Osaka, Tokyo and some other places

Sir Pompously

If you havn't already seen them, http://www.flickr.com/photos/kommissar_todd06/collections/72157602104506593/ is my collection of photos from Japan. Not all of them, but most of them.

Snorzac

nice photos. After looking at these I can't wait to get there. But I don't leave until the 20th September next year