Renaults a-go-go partie deux

Started by Barry Drive, June 21, 2014, 01:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King of Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on July 09, 2015, 12:56:55 PM
Spoke too soon. Or else I shouldn't have said anything.

There are reports that 853 is being decommissioned.

:'(

I've heard the same from a certain driver/board member too...
How long will 856 last as T trainer now?

Bus 503

Maybe 856 will become the heritage MK1?
After all, it is the last bus still in one piece with Blue over Orange livery and 853 is Orange over blue.

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 503 on July 10, 2015, 06:58:30 AM
Maybe 856 will become the heritage MK1?
After all, it is the last bus still in one piece with Blue over Orange livery and 853 is Orange over blue.

No

881 is parked in the back of the sheds near the darts at Belconnen this weekend too.

Barry Drive

^ As interesting as that report is, I fail to see how it is relevant to the quote or the topic.

Buzz Killington

I read it as two seperate items - the no is a (unfounded) response to the quote. The next paragraph was a seperate point.

King of Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on July 13, 2015, 10:53:36 AM
^ As interesting as that report is, I fail to see how it is relevant to the quote or the topic.

The no was to the quote. I reported 881 here as I thought it may have been parked there behind the B darts cause it was going to die.

Bus 400

Quote from: King of Buses on July 13, 2015, 03:31:26 PM
The no was to the quote. I reported 881 here as I thought it may have been parked there behind the B darts cause it was going to die.
The Darts are parked are parked  behind other Darts & they never seem to die. So it'll never work with for a Renault.

King of Buses

856 has disappeared again from tuggeranong...apparently for good.
882 is now parked where it was...
872 still amongst the Tuggers PR3s which also haven't moved

Buzz Killington

From what I've been told, 856 is the Belconnen trainer, and 882 is the Tuggeranong trainer.

No idea on 872, but apparently 875 is at Belconnen to be decommissioned

King of Buses

Quote from: Buzz Killington on July 15, 2015, 08:24:38 PM
From what I've been told, 856 is the Belconnen trainer, and 882 is the Tuggeranong trainer.

I know 128 has been doing regular runs even with the training bus sticker on it, but will 126 go back in service replacing a withdrawn 127 or is it going to die now too? I reckon 128 will keep that training bus sticker for a while like 879 did when it was trainer.

Barry Drive

Don't see why. If they thought they needed more buses, then they wouldn't have withdrawn so many.

Although I'm not yet convinced 872 is withdrawn - it could make a return next week. (Not that my track record at making predictions is good.)

If current info is correct, Tuggeranong is down to 207 active buses - which is their lowest point for some time.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Buzz Killington on July 15, 2015, 08:24:38 PM
From what I've been told, 856 is the Belconnen trainer
Which may have been correct for a day or two, but 856 is now believed to be fully withdrawn. Still awaiting further reports about fate of 127, 872 & 875.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Barry Drive on July 16, 2015, 01:14:09 PM
Although I'm not yet convinced 872 is withdrawn - it could make a return next week. (Not that my track record at making predictions is good.)
Saw 872 operating runs both morning and arvo

Busfanatic101

872 spotted doing runs this afternoon- I can see that fleetwiki has been updated

Barry Drive

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on July 28, 2015, 04:24:33 PM
872 spotted doing runs this afternoon- I can see that fleetwiki has been updated
The way it works is this - based on reports (now proven incorrect) that 872 was withdrawn, it was marked as withdrawn with a note to say it was unconfirmed; that immediately led to sightings of the bus in service. If it was then changed back it would that same day have been withdrawn.

So when it comes to potential/unconfirmed withdrawals, always best to wait a few days before making any updates. Being parked at Woden is usually the best way to be sure a bus is withdrawn.

King of Buses

A Mark 2 PR100.2 (I am fairly certain it is 876; no front Renault/MACK Badges) without fleet numbers, ACTION logos, and perhaps without a set of numberplates (bit hard to tell from Athllon Dr) is parked behind the 'decomposing body' as such of 866 at Tuggeranong Depot.

882 is still next to 126 in the Training bus spot(s). 126 hasn't moved for a while I think...

King of Buses

872 is awaiting Workshop treatment at Tuggeranong Depot. Not sure of what exactly but it is intact (bike rack, MyWay, fleet nos. etc.) and sits alongside 978 and another PR100.2 Mk2...

It might be going to be withdrawn; it may not...

King of Buses

866 has disappeared from Tuggeranong Depot. Gone to scrap at a guess...(not confirmed)
876 has moved up to where 866 was now too.

Snorzac

Well considering it had no rear axle there isn't many other places I'd imagine it would end up...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Bus 503

So, has 127 been withdrawn or not?

Barry Drive

Yes, no, maybe. I don't know. Can you repeat the question?  ...

Bus 503

Quote from: Barry Drive on August 11, 2015, 08:20:26 PM
Yes, no, maybe. I don't know. Can you repeat the question?  ...

Okay.... The fleet wiki has been displaying the info that Bus 127 has been withdrawn for some time (a month or less) but also states that it isassumed withdrawn. Has it been confirmed that 127 has been withdrawn, as the fleet wiki generally is updated soon after the claim is made, to say Bus 127 widthdrawnfrom service[\i] this without the assumed if confirmed.

Barry Drive

Maybe this will explain things:  https://youtu.be/J8y8Ziwswe0

Bus 503

*Shakes head at not understanding what is going on*

Buzz Killington

Wow.

It's assumed to be withdrawn, but not confirmed. That's why it still says assumed withdrawn.

King of Buses

This is an interesting thread to watch...with popcorn of course!  :P

Seriously though, assumed withdrawn is like saying a new bus is now thought to be in service...you just have to have sightings of it to confirm it is or isn't!

I for one haven't seen 127 for quite a while...has anyone looked out the back of B workshops perhaps?

Barry Drive

Quote from: King of Buses on August 12, 2015, 07:10:27 PM
Seriously though, assumed withdrawn is like saying a new bus is now thought to be in service...you just have to have sightings of it to confirm it is or isn't!

No. It's not that simple. A bus may not be in service, but that DOESN'T mean that it's withdrawn - only that it's not in service.

My advice: be patient.

King of Buses

872 is out the back of B workshops without fleet nos. Not sure if it has a bike rack still be most likely withdrawn now...I believe it is with 127 too...

Buzz Killington

I believe the technical term for 872 is "rooted"

King of Buses

878 has disappeared from Tuggers Depot. Cannot find it in service either. It may have gone to Woden...

Barry Drive

Did you check Fleetwiki? Maybe that will provide some clues.

(By the way: withdrawal of 877 and 878 are also only assumed, not confirmed.)

King of Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on August 18, 2015, 01:35:50 PM
(By the way: withdrawal of 877 and 878 are also only assumed, not confirmed.)

That is why I didn't take the word of the fleet wiki as gospel...
I was simply pointing out it has finally left the T workshops after many days there and I haven't seen it in service (in support of the withdrawal assumption).

Buzz Killington

"Assumed withdrawn" is based on more than hunches. We only use it when we have (non conclusive) evidence suggesting a withdrawal

King of Buses

853 is at Woden depot in front of 818 and 995 without Fleet no's or ACTION logos. Appeared some point before yesterday afternoon...

Bus 400

Quote from: King of Buses on August 11, 2015, 01:24:09 PM
866 has disappeared from Tuggeranong Depot. Gone to scrap at a guess...(not confirmed)
876 has moved up to where 866 was now too.
It looks lie 876 may be being prepared for sale, with what looks like a fresh repaint & fleet numbers removed. Otherwise, removing fleet numbers won't stop people reading fleet numbers of scrapped buses.

Bus 503

Quote from: Bus 400 on August 29, 2015, 07:21:38 PM
It looks lie 876 may be being prepared for sale, with what looks like a fresh repaint & fleet numbers removed. Otherwise, removing fleet numbers won't stop people reading fleet numbers of scrapped buses.

I wonder why 876. Isn't it partially scrapped?? And what does the new repainted colours look like??

Quote from: King of Buses on August 29, 2015, 05:34:53 PM
853 is at Woden depot in front of 818 and 995 without Fleet no's or ACTION logos. Appeared some point before yesterday afternoon...

Renault Withdrawles State of play, suggests that 853 has been at Woden for quite a while now... I should really stop treating it as completely facts, some fiction might be in there? ;)

While going past Woden last week, for the first time in months, I saw an MK1 blue over orange parked right near the fence visible to all who were passing. Which bus is this?

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 503 on August 29, 2015, 08:42:23 PM
I wonder why 876. Isn't it partially scrapped?? And what does the new repainted colours look like??

Renault Withdrawles State of play, suggests that 853 has been at Woden for quite a while now... I should really stop treating it as completely facts, some fiction might be in there? ;)

While going past Woden last week, for the first time in months, I saw an MK1 blue over orange parked right near the fence visible to all who were passing. Which bus is this?

876 looks the same as before (I.e. directly after having fleet nos removed). I think it has just had a clean...

853 may have been at Woden for a while but it has recently moved to in front of 818 and 995.
A Mk1 bus in Mk1 livery  has recently been parked diagonally behind 986 where a dart was...

EDIT: 876 definitely has not had a repaint. The difference in paint colour from where the logos were is still visible. The lack of front badges may be a reason it looks so 'new' (because when it had a bike rack it was hard to notice that).

Bus 400

Quote from: Bus 503 on August 11, 2015, 07:24:59 PM
So, has 127 been withdrawn or not?

As reported by Mr Drive today on Twitter, Bus 127 has been moved to Woden Depot & has been unregistered. This would be a definite withdrawal. 

Bus 400

Bus 878's registration wasn't renewed for the next year, so it is withdrawn.

The Love Guru

852 was seen partially crushed by yours truly at Access yesterday.

If I'm correct, all 870 series are now unregistered.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on September 05, 2015, 09:52:02 PM
Bus 878's registration wasn't renewed for the next year, so it is withdrawn.
But it is fairly simple for them to be re-registered, provided they are still in one piece.

Buzz Killington

877 has returned to service at Belconnen.

Bus 400

Quote from: Barry Drive on September 09, 2015, 02:30:14 PM
But it is fairly simple for them to be re-registered, provided they are still in one piece.
Which has happened for Bus 878.

Bus 503

Quote from: Bus 400 on September 17, 2015, 09:35:16 PM
Which has happened for Bus 878.

877 is at B, 878 is somewhere in the ACT. Does anyone know where 878 might be?

And does anyone have an insight over what will happen to 870 , 871, 874, 875, 853 and 856 & the other things at Woden? (Having a read through the forum suggests 991, 992 & 995 will be used for parts.)

Snorzac

878 is at B depot. The buses at woden will either be gradually parted out (as per 991, 2 and 5) or stored in as is conditio  for sale at a later date....my money would be on parts.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Snorzac

King of Buses

810 is at Tuggeranong as parts donor. 876 presumably sent to join 872 for scrap.

Bus 503

Quote from: King of Buses on November 12, 2015, 05:07:19 PM
810 is at Tuggeranong as parts donor. 876 presumably sent to join 872 for scrap.

Why was it kept at Woden for so long with 818?

Buzz Killington

887 withdrawn. It may have just made it to 25 years in service though  :popping:

Buzz Killington

888 and 889 withdrawn.