Belconnen Interchange Closure

Started by Snorzac, May 07, 2009, 07:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

The last day of the Interchange been open will be the 24th of May. A few gunzels in Canberra are planning to be there for the last service. The last service to use the interchange will be a 958 at 2014. We will however have to get someone to ride the bus as if it is empty then it won't get to the interchange. Another option is for one of the drivers to pick the shift with the run in it.  

Either way I will be there whether I am the one on the bus or one waiting at the interchange, if you would like to join and savor the moment just turn up.

Bus 400

I do wonder what would ACTION say if I did the Interchange loop after the last bus leaves Belconnen Interchange for the final time?

Irisbus Rider

You'll do the loop? In what vehicle? Please elaborate......

Buzz Killington

I would assume he means in his car, which I would strongly advise against.

Irisbus Rider

Precisely my thoughts, just because no more buses will go through there, doesn't mean the "No Entry" signs do not apply.

Buzz Killington

One would assume they'll block it off with the plastic bollards pretty quick smart anyway.

Bus 400

Of course I'll check with the supervisors first. But I know that it will depend on the supervisor & who else may be there at that time.

Buzz Killington

Sir Pompously

And before you ask: No, having a dog in your camry does not make you a bus.....

Buzz Killington

bubzie

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

LOL.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Mini Mat on May 07, 2009, 07:05:23 PM
The last service to use the interchange will be a 958 at 2014.
No it's not. The last 958 from City Interchange terminates at Chuculba/William Slim at 2003.

The last service into Belc Interchange is a 900 which arrives at 1959

Busnerd

Would someone be able to organise a sign in the window to tell people its the last service to ever operate into the interchange?

Perhaps one of the drivers could talk to management with the idea?

Barry Drive

For those who want to ride it - the last bus into Belconnen Interchange will be route 900 which departs Tuggeranong at 7.06pm arriving at Belconnen at 7.59pm. The bus will have previously departed Belconnen at 5.55pm on a 900 southbound.

And guess who the driver will be???

Snorzac

Cool, go Martin! Can you take a nice AOA bus for the occasion instead of some heap of shit Iris?

Barry Drive

I will try to take 947 in the morning (or something with a bike rack). If an Irisbus is not available after my meal break then I'll just have to keep the same bus.

Snorzac

Busnerd

Are you doing the last trip?

If so, could you make a sign to put in the window to say its the last ever service to travel through there.

lukeo25

congrats martin :D

Note: Attachment has expired.

Snorzac

Quote from: MaxiZac on May 21, 2009, 06:05:11 PM
Are you doing the last trip?

If so, could you make a sign to put in the window to say its the last ever service to travel through there.

Yes Martin is doing the last trip. I believe Todd is organizing something like that.

Bus 400

On the belco town centre tour, the lady said that Belconnen Interchange would be shut at 23:00 24 May 2009. I however suspect that it might be earlier. Unless it has to do with the services that the supervisor doesn't have to wait for.

Carrie

I'm going to be at the Belconnen Interchange at about 10 to 8 with my camera and tripod to take the last ever photo of a bus arriving there. :'(

Snorzac

Don't forget the last artic service will be in at about 4:20pm give or take 10 minutes either side