DTG withdraw from Surfboader Service

Started by Snorzac, April 15, 2009, 09:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

Haven't seen it posted but as of 31st of March Deanes Transit group no longer operates the Surfboader due to low patronage. There is a notice in the City Interchange. 

Bus 400

Found this under the Surfboader in the Transborder website.

Dear Passengers, it is with much regret that Transborder Express wishes to advise the cancellation of the Surfborder service that runs from Canberra to Ulladulla due to lack of patronage over the recent months.

The last day of service will be Tuesday 31st March 2009.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank our customers for using the services over the past years.
http://www.transborder.com.au/surfborder.html

Funny thing is that the online booking link is still there, but when you check your availability it just gives a message about being after service ends.

Irisbus Rider

Thats a shame, but considering it is Autumn, low figures would be expected. I would assume that it was well patronised over the summer months.

Bus 400

I think it was let down by leaving quite early. I haven't yet read the timetable, but it usually got into Queanbeyan around 9am.

Irisbus Rider

It means you can get to the coast and spend the evening there. Plus, operationally, was a much better choice than going later in ther evening, meaning a driver could do the return trip in one day, opposed to two, which becomes costly.
Hold on, I thought the service left in the evening?

Another thing; Deanes didn't really help the Surfboarder service in any way, especially when they ran CC bodied B7Rs on the service!