McDonalds

Started by Snorzac, February 02, 2010, 10:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajw373

Quote from: Buzz Killington on September 04, 2012, 09:30:38 PM
You know we're pedantic :)

There is pedantic and there is.... Never mind.

Snorzac

Holt opening at 11am on Thursday at this stage.

Busnerd

There's a Holt-Mac now?

Barry Drive

Busnerd

Oh, you mean Kippax (Holt) I was thinking Hawker for some reason, always good to have more 24 hour trading stores in town, also creates more jobs for local pimply faced teens and gets them off the streets causing trouble at all hours, at least a few :P

smitho

How successful have those lamb burger things been? Available Australia wide?

Snorzac

It's very hit and miss, some love it some hate it.

I saw you yesterday on Lady Denman dr doing a school run...

Busnerd

What has maccas done to the angus range? New buns, no biggie, but they have changed the patties...they look awful, i havent tried one but it looks worse now, they were fine already why change them

smitho

Quote from: Mayor McCheese on September 26, 2012, 04:40:04 AM
It's very hit and miss, some love it some hate it.

I saw you yesterday on Lady Denman dr doing a school run...

Yes, that's my regular morning S/R from Civic Interchange to Dickson-O'Connor- Black Mtn-Montessori School (Weston)-Orana School....usually worked by a diesel MAN.

bubzie

Quote from: smitho on September 29, 2012, 12:15:28 AM
Yes, that's my regular morning S/R from Civic Interchange to Dickson-O'Connor- Black Mtn-Montessori School (Weston)-Orana School....usually worked by a diesel MAN.
Wait a minute...you wouldnt happen to take 401, and do an 111 before that route, by any chance? ;)

Buzz Killington

Why is it that if I order a Frozen Fanta any time that they have a flavour other than (the disgusting) Raspberry, they say "we don't sell that anymore, we've got (apple/grape/passionfruit) Frozen Fanta now" ?

Sir Pompously

Buzz Killington

Well, I got as far as section 1.1 before I found a typo - Macdonalds.

Really?

ajw373

Surprised you guys didn't notice the planning application in for land on the corner of Athlon Drive and Parramatta Street (near the 'Woden Depot") which includes a McDonalds.

Buzz Killington

There was an article about that one in the Chronicle the other day. Waves Carwash has finally gotten the go-ahead. Interesting to see that it included some residential development. Not sure who in their right mind would want to live there?

ajw373

The planners and developers have gone mad if there is going to be housing in thee. Really if you want people living in the town centres fine, but the industrial parts MUST remain industrial.

Buzz Killington

Just had a look - it's actually serviced apartments. My mistake.

bubzie

My opinions on everything.
- Mitchell Maccas....could of been called "McDonalds EPIC" but...nooo... ;)
- Toffee and Honeycomb shake? oh my gosh that's amazing. please tell me it's going to stay.
- Macroons in McCafe! For the cultured folk. (the passionfruit ones are really nice..)

*goes back to lurking in the corner*

Buzz Killington

Read elsewhere that the following items will arrive next week:

New York Burger, Texas Angus Burger, California Chicken Burger, Roadhouse Brekky Roll, Chilli-Cheese Pops and Banana Split Thickshakes.

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on March 08, 2013, 08:21:42 PM

New York Burger, Texas Angus Burger, California Chicken Burger, .....

All these Yankee superlatives....the great Aussie Cringe is alive and thriving in 2013!

Sir Pompously

Mmmm California Chicken Burger, cannot wait to try it!

smitho

Quote from: Sir Pompously on March 08, 2013, 11:41:10 PM
Mmmm California Chicken Burger, cannot wait to try it!

...with horse additives may be!

Busnerd

I was unimpressed by the CCB, the sauce however on the Texan was quite nice!

Buzz Killington

The California Chicken was pretty good!

bubzie

Frozen Lime....well, i've tried it. I dont approve of it.

Buzz Killington

I didn't think it was lime?

I had the McSpicy today. Quite nice, although I think the peri peri scorcher they had during summer was nicer.

Lachie

Any One Had A McFloat Yet, There Good :3

Bus 400

Work on the new McDonald's Erindale has begun, with the new site fenced off.  It also looks like the China Tea House has been closed as it is being used as the site office.

Busnerd

China Tea House has been closed for ages

Sir Pompously

Works at Maccas Erindale have almost been completed, just a carpark and some landscaping to be done on the site of the old restaurant. The location of China Tea House is now a carpark and the new store has been open for a couple of weeks in a new Create Your Taste style. There is a work bench where you can watch the staff make your CYT burger with all the ingredients on display; there are also many pot plants too. This store also has a long awaited McCafe :-)

Buzz Killington

Woden maccas was refurbished recently. It's now got a playground and mccafe, but no CYT

Bus 400

Weston is set to get another McDonald's at the new petrol site on Cotter Road.

http://www.planning.act.gov.au/development_applications/pubnote?sq_content_src=%2BdXJsPWh0dHAlM0ElMkYlMkZhcHBzLmFjdHBsYS5hY3QuZ292LmF1JTJGcHVibm90ZSUyRnB1Ym5vdGVEZXRhaWxfbmV3LmFzcCUzRkRBX25vJTNEMjAxNzMxNjUyJmFsbD0x

Included in this is a Caltex petrol station & Canberra's first drive thru Oporto.

Of course this is pending planning approval.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Buzz Killington

Drive thru Oporto? Interesting..

Busnerd

Quote from: Buzz Killington on June 16, 2017, 10:58:55 PM
Drive thru Oporto? Interesting..

Eh, we have plenty of those, some are even Oporto/Caltex co-branded. My local standalone store has a drive thru, it doesn't have a box, rather a human in the ordering and separate meal collection windows

Bus 400

Quote from: ajw373 on February 08, 2013, 07:32:02 PMSurprised you guys didn't notice the planning application in for land on the corner of Athlon Drive and Parramatta Street (near the 'Woden Depot") which includes a McDonalds.
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I knew this was mentioned somewhere (how good is my memory). So a building actually has gone up on this site. Looks like the Waves idea never took off & looks to be a servo & other shops.

While not Maccas related, I wonder if someone from Melrose Dr will move down & sell up to John McGrath of a unit developer? Phillip could be the new Braddon.

Busnerd

I recall someone mentioned it was going to be a 7-Eleven and possible an Oporto?

Bus 400

Found the franchise request, Waves will be on site (apparently). To help wash the cars coming off the light rail or all those apartments nearby.

https://franchising.oporto.com.au/store/op1-woden-act/

Bus967

At least my knowledge Waves was the one that actually built the building and owns the land,