Westfield Parramatta Bus Station

Started by Barry Drive, April 22, 2010, 11:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

If you want an idea of what the Westfield Belconnen Bus Station will be like, then Westfield Parramatta is a good example:

Unlike Parramatta though, the Belconnen station will probably have only one long stop on each side - like a Brisbane Busway station. Hopefully it will have better route information displays than Parramatta, but I doubt it.

Simes

Parra has it's positives and it's negatives, neither helped by the locals tho

CNG

looks good, better than the current belconen shit stations.

Buzz Killington

Two of the three current Belconnen Stations are Interim (Temporary) so that is excusable.

particleman

Quote from: CNG on April 24, 2010, 08:48:15 AM
looks good, better than the current belconen shit stations.
But those so called "shit stations" are much safer than the old interchange I had to use every week from 2003-2009.

CNG

I don't think so, having to walk across roads to get to your bus stop and almost gettin wiped by fire truck, cars and buses. I don't remember it being like that at the interchange, correct me if I'm wrong and by the way I would not really call two years temporary, I see that as permament. But the government is going to hold it off just untill the next election

Bus 400

Quote from: CNG on May 16, 2010, 07:46:13 PM
I don't think so, having to walk across roads to get to your bus stop and almost gettin wiped by fire truck,

Naughty boy, walking in front of fire trucks attending jobs.

But Interchange garbage no longer "hang out" in the Belconnen Bus Stations with their skateboards & swearing & violence. Of course they are starting to vandalise the "Belconnen Town Centre signs" but NO bus shelters have been kicked in. This is because the Interchange garbage are good little workers during the week & need to use those shelters when catching the bus.

Barry Drive

Quote from: CNG on May 16, 2010, 07:46:13 PM
But the government is going to hold it off just untill the next election

Hold what off exactly until next election? The final Belconnen bus stations will be ready by October 2010.

And those of you who think that there are no undesirables at Belconnen have not waited at Lathlain St #4 at night.

smitho

Thanks Martin. Interesting pictures.

I used a few bus stations in England and Wales in February....quite differrent design approach there. Buses come nose-in, then reverse out. Waiting areas are totally enclosed and heated, with sliding glass doors which open out to a small boarding pad or 'platform'. 

particleman

Quote from: Bus 400 on May 16, 2010, 08:05:52 PM
But Interchange garbage no longer "hang out" in the Belconnen Bus Stations with their skateboards & swearing & violence.
Exactly my point. @CNG, there are zebra crossings at each station for passengers to use