Minor Maintenance/Repairs Thread

Started by Buzz Killington, May 14, 2009, 06:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on August 15, 2018, 09:15:34 AM
963 sounded really sick yesterday. It was almost as if someone shoved a 500 year old unused out of tune flute plugged into an amplifier in the engine and thought "yeah, that'll do". The noise though, could still hear it several streets away after I got off.
Should just tax a part out of Bus 967 to keep 1 dinosaur bus going [emoji125]‍♂️[emoji125]‍♂️[emoji125]‍♂️[emoji125]‍♂️[emoji125]‍♂️[emoji125]‍♂️[emoji125]‍♂️

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Toyota Camry

Quote from: Bus 400 on August 16, 2018, 08:00:23 PM
Should just tax a part out of Bus 967 to keep 1 dinosaur bus going [emoji125]‍♂️[emoji125]‍♂️[emoji125]‍♂️[emoji125]‍♂️[emoji125]‍♂️[emoji125]‍♂️[emoji125]‍♂️
Bus 967 is running well; I saw it today, sounding healthy; it was operating the 5:35pm 775 Xpresso to Gordon. I am surprised that this route is operated by Belconnen Bus Depot; it seems like a logical route for Tuggeranong to run.

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 400 on August 16, 2018, 08:00:23 PM

Quote from: Toyota Camry on August 16, 2018, 09:11:46 PM
Bus 967 is running well; I saw it today, sounding healthy; it was operating the 5:35pm 775 Xpresso to Gordon. I am surprised that this route is operated by Belconnen Bus Depot; it seems like a logical route for Tuggeranong to run.
Umm, 967 is a proud Tuggeranong bus, and has been since 2014 when she was rescued from that other depot. She is certainly one of the healthiest Renaults in the fleet, if you ask me (I may or may not be quite bias in regards to 967, just saying).

Toyota Camry

Quote from: King of Buses on August 16, 2018, 10:19:33 PM
Umm, 967 is a proud Tuggeranong bus, and has been since 2014 when she was rescued from that other depot. She is certainly one of the healthiest Renaults in the fleet, if you ask me (I may or may not be quite bias in regards to 967, just saying).
My apologies; I was confusing it with one of the other Renaults in that livery, which I believe is a Belconnen bus. I will investigate to determine if 967 is operating that 775 trip on a regular basis; that route I believe is an express service via the Monaro Highway, it would be an enjoyable journey to travel on 967 along that route.

King of Buses

Quote from: Toyota Camry on August 16, 2018, 11:27:57 PM
My apologies; I was confusing it with one of the other Renaults in that livery, which I believe is a Belconnen bus. I will investigate to determine if 967 is operating that 775 trip on a regular basis; that route I believe is an express service via the Monaro Highway, it would be an enjoyable journey to travel on 967 along that route.

963 is at Belconnen. 967 and 971 are at Tuggeranong. None of them tend to be on the same shift and trips for multiple days in a row these days, from what I can tell, so chances are 967 won't appear on that 775 all too often, sadly. She is an absolute delight for trips along roads like the Monaro Highway  (and every trip anywhere, for that matter).

Busfanatic101

Another day of PR3 breakdowns cough cough
My afternoon school bus was 2 minutes away but didn't turn up and when I got on a different bus instead they were looking for someone to cover its following run.
And then 5 hours later one broken down on Erindale Dr between Ashley and Sternberg, probably was on a southbound 65.

Can't handle a bit of rain, a bit of heat, or a bit of anything for that matter. The sooner they're gone, the sooner the world will become a better place  ;D

Bus 400

While some may need a moment, one of the dinosaur buses (actually do suspect Bus 967) broke looled to of broken down on the Tuggeranong Parkway this evening near Hindmarsh Drive while on a 719.
With a green buses sitting behind it, presumably picking up the passengers. Was a touch hard to see through while driving along in the opposite direction, while also passing by the only part of the Tuggeranong Parkway with bushes in the middle. Also didn't spot a SIMS or Acces Recycling truck near by....

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Busfanatic101

And 124 broken down on the parkway this morning. Maybe retire the rest of the PR3s quick smart and bring some of the PR2s back in...
Or give Tuggeranong a few Volgrens  8)

Bus 400

Bus 360 has been admitted to bus hospital for some minor repairs. A few stitches (tape) & she'll be right.

Barry Drive

360 was seen back in service yesterday. With a new bike rack and the "all green" front.

Busfanatic101

A Scania gassie was sighted being towed by the orange tow truck down Isabella Dr around 9:40am today

Toyota Camry

There was a MAN gas bus entering Belconnen depot, hauled by a tow truck, at 11:38am today; it seems unusual that it was taken to this depot, which does not normally deal with gas buses.

Bus 503

313 had its hazard lights on (presumably broken down) at 18:10 on Northbourne Avenue.

triumph

107 was feeling too ill to proceed too. It was parked receiving treatment on the side of Haydon Dr near Calvary about 5pm.

triumph

Must be infectious. 901 was so unwell at Dickson Interchange that about 6pm it was hoisted at front end by heavy recovery truck. If the condition is serious this could see 901 put down. Time will tell.

triumph

Quote from: triumph on December 18, 2018, 11:31:33 PM
107 was feeling too ill to proceed too. It was parked receiving treatment on the side of Haydon Dr near Calvary about 5pm.
107's treatment must have been successful. It was laying over near the Gungahlin Bus Station late this afternoon. 

triumph

935's return to service has not gone altogether well. Apparently broken down around 5 to 6pm, and at a most inconvenient position and time. Nettlefold St, Belconnen, centre lane of 3 lanes (Left; straight on/right; right) near the end of the curve approaching Coulter Dr and a bit over a bus length back from the traffic lights stop line. Repair truck, support van, and TC Officers' mini-bus in attendance all lined up behind in the centre lane.

triumph

343 on a route 88 was stopped by a passing lorry in Hume today. "On fire" the truck driver said. As soon as the bus door was opened there was a strong smell. Not actually on fire, but lots of smoke from a sticking kerb side rear brake. Mechanic authorised it to be driven to workshop and a staff mini-bus took over the remainder of the run. There was a radio appeal for a volunteer to take over 343's next run, a rte 182, but apparently not successful as a PA was later arranged cancelling the run.

Barry Drive

319 involved in a collision last night.

triumph

428 was stopped around 4.30pm at the side of Copland Drive, Melba with service and traffic management personnel in attendance. Facing outbound with no destination details displayed.

triumph

355 operating rte 65 felt suddenly unwell and shut down turning out of Namatjira Dr into Conder St. this morning. It announced its feelings via a loud klaxon and stentorian advice about handbrake use needed. Just to be awkward, a private drive was now blocked (but luckily the user who almost immediately wanted to leave was able to escape along the 'nature' strip). A telehealth consultation and consequent efforts at restarting were unsuccessful. The driver rummaged behind the driver's seat and produced 3 safety triangles which she deployed on the road. First aid arrived and we 2 passengers were picked up by a fortuitously arriving rte 64. An interesting change from the normal.

triumph

379 was observed front end hoisted on back of heavy recovery truck turning into Cohen St from North around 2.30pm today.

triumph

Quote from: triumph on December 19, 2018, 10:58:20 PMMust be infectious. 901 was so unwell at Dickson Interchange that about 6pm it was hoisted at front end by heavy recovery truck. If the condition is serious this could see 901 put down. Time will tell.
Just got around to checking this old post. It seems condition was terminal as 901 was withdrawn just 5 days later. (Shown in the disposals list as 24/12/18.)

Bus 524

350 was involved in a Accident yesterday on Rimmer St opp ANU Bus Station and cannot say how bad the damage is after hitting a pedestrian but they walked away. Also wasn't someone else hit on Mort St/East Row/ Alinga St yesterday afternoon involving a Belconnen bus?

https://www.onsceneact.com.au/index.php/206-pedestrian-struck-by-bus-in-the-city

Bus 524

Also 518 has now in the All Green Front Club with a New DL2 Black Handle Yesterday in at Tuggeranong on a Northbound 4