KFC

Started by Buzz Killington, February 20, 2008, 09:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

KFC
Comments/stories

Busnerd

Usually crap service..very slow...when gunmac is right across the road, why even go here?

Once I tried to go in at like 4pm and it was closed and some woman inside just stared at me so i said, fuck this and went to maccas i think.

Buzz Killington

shithouse

wait.. if there's only 2 votes and i voted "2" ... you voted 8?

Busnerd

can we change that to 6?

Buzz Killington

i've removed your vote, go for it.

Sir Pompously

Very average, took long to serve, and deliver the food. When I got it it was incorrect. 5 from me.

Bus 400

Things have picked up here. But is still quicker to get out of car & walk in to order. Actually quite quiet during the weekdays.

Irisbus Rider

Usually very slow, and staff mostly consist of confused Foreign students.....

bubzie

The drive-thru seems to confuse most people.

And the service is slow.

And they forgot my chips. :( (Which i only realized about half way home..doh.)

Busnerd

Maybe you shouldn't get food at KFC gungahlin to live in calwell, unless you were going to male bubzies house which is in gunners and disregard this comment, lol

Bus 400

Things were again slow, I wonder how they'll do once Gungahlin College & the motel behind McDonald's open?

Sir Pompously

When I was down at KFC today, the manager was talking to staff about specials using a customers mobile. I thought maybe it had something to do with Foursquare, or an app for iPhone/Droid users. A bit of further investigation has revealed you check in using Facebook to gain the special, just flash your phone to a staff member when ordering.

Not sure how long this has been going on for, but looking at their facebook page and the fact that people were being "inducted" on it, I would say not long.

Maxious

Announced this morning by Facebook Australia and New Zealand: https://www.facebook.com/FacebookAUNZ/posts/10150260388647415 (only visible when logged in)

QuoteStarting today Commonwealth Bank, 7-Eleven, Westfield and KFC will be able to offer you check-in deals when you check in to their place on Facebook. Finding deals near you is easy. On touch.facebook.com (on HTML5-enabled phones) or the latest version of Facebook for iPhone & Android, touch "Places" and then touch "Check In." Nearby Places with deals have a yellow icon. Where will you check-in today?

Wonder what the deal at the bank is :P

Bus 400

I don't know if it was Oporto opening in Gungahlin or Gunners peps have turned off KFC, but the lines is a LOT shorter ast 12:00 weekdays & the drive through is just on empty. While McDonalds across the road is alot busier, back a few years back (before Oporto & Gungahlin College) service was terrible. But with more people & more competition things have gone down for this store.

Bus 400

Tried the KFC at Rosehill in Sydney. It is just like every other KFC is Australia. Except it has KFC Express, which is a self service machine. So basically you select your order from the options & pay by EFTPOS (only payment option allowed) & you are given an order number. Then the staff get it ready & (normally) call your number out. This store has had it for quite a number of months (before the staff member I asked had started).

This is the sort of thing that KFC at Woden & Tuggeranong could do with.

Sir Pompously

Yes there are a few stores with that now (As well as McDonald's stores with a similar set up). All stores need this system, it is really good!

Busnerd

Sydney Airport Gateway store also has this, as well as being the only store with KFC AM (Breakfast menu)

ajw373

Looks like a KFC is being planned for Emu Bank. On the corner near the skate park.

Buzz Killington

Well, it was the only major chain without a presence on the fast food strip.

Should be easier for Belco residents to avoid the Hawker KFC now! I'm amazed that one has lasted so long given it's pretty much a suburban location and not exactly a major shopping centre.

Toyota Camry

KFC Canberra Centre has now closed, presumably permanently; as a Civic worker, I am now travelling to KFC Dickson using Light Rail each Monday, which is the day when I treat myself to an Ultimate Box for lunch. I am unaware of why it closed; the store was always the busiest of the smaller upstairs food court near Rebel Sport.

Bus 400

Looks like KFC Canberra Centre is on the move again.

https://www.reddit.com/r/canberra/comments/cde5aj/whats_up_with_the_canberra_centre_kfc_closing/

I remember when they were just near the then new Canberra Centre bus stop.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Toyota Camry on July 23, 2019, 05:14:29 PMas a Civic worker, I am now travelling to KFC Dickson using Light Rail each Monday, which is the day when I treat myself to an Ultimate Box for lunch
That's absurd

Stan butler

the taste of kfc has changed in the last few years.  I don't know if they are still using the same secret herbs and spices, or if the type of oil has changed or what - but the taste has definitely changed.

Going back a few years. Remember the "all you can eat" kfc buffet that used to be in civic.  Use to pig out there a fair bit.

Going back even further, is anyone here old enough to remember the kfc bread rolls used to be yellow?

Toyota Camry

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on July 23, 2019, 08:33:40 PMThat's absurd
Next week, I am going to try KFC at Botany St, Phillip for my weekly treat; unfortunately it is not particularly close to an outbound R4 stop, however it is not too far to walk to an inbound stop for the return to the office. This will be my first visit to the southern side of Canberra since December 2017; generally there is no reason to travel to that side of Lake Burley Griffin.

Sylvan Loves Buses

You should go to Tuggeranong's KFC, their chips taste like the ocean there. Oh wait, that's the smell of the sewerage in the lake going up your nose as you eat the food :s

Irisbus Rider

https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/777455

Two years on, and the KFC at Gold Ck Village is finally taking shape, should be opening soon - unable to find anything official on the internet regarding a specific opening date.

Busnerd

I was informed that the Dendy food court will be closing in it's entirety and being replaced with some kind of entertainment precinct including a Bowling Alley, I am unsure of any other planned stores.

So it looks like KFC and other food court stores up there will be either packing up and leaving or looking nearby for an alternative venue, personally I believe Garema place would be better for these stores, lots of foot traffic, cheaper rents, ability to open later and have outdoor and indoor dining, currently most people only pass through the area to get to The Canberra Centre as there is nothing to stop for, that said, there isn't a whole lot of shops empty there, besides near the Merry Go Round where the newsagent used to be, however I am unsure if that building is set to be demolished as it looks empty.

Toyota Camry

This afternoon I travelled to KFC Phillip for lunch; instead of my regular Ultimate Box, I ordered a Zinger Box with a piece of Original Recipe chicken instead of Wicked Wings. This was the most delicious combo I have had at KFC yet; it combines the spicier taste of the Zinger Burger with the flavour of the chicken drumstick.

My journeys to and from KFC were both utilising R4 buses; the first bus travelled on was a steer tag, the return journey was a green articulated bus.

Barry Drive

Looks like KFC will be opening in Garema Place.

Sylvan Loves Buses

It's nice to see KFC in Phillip finally have a perfected order number system, but I had a chuckle followed by a feeling of sadness when I noticed the orders while I was waiting for mine. 991, 994, 995, 108 and 112. :'(

Toyota Camry

Today I traveled to KFC Phillip on an R4 bus for lunch; I had a Twister box with a Supercharged Twister, which is easily the best combination of taste with a lack of carbohydrates out of the boxed burger & wrap meals. However the Twister Box is no longer displayed on menu boards, but is available upon request.

My decision to visit this location was due to dissatisfaction with the new store in Garema Place; it is far inferior to the old Canberra Centre food court location.

Snorzac

How did you survive the crowded R4 service in these times of high risk of infection of COVID 19? Given that bus would have originated in Belconnen one would think that the R5 originating at City West would be a much safer option.

Busnerd

You must have quite a long lunch break to leave the city and travel to the outskirts of the Woden Town Centre to partake in KFC.

One can only hope you checked in using the 'Check-In Canberra' app in the case a stray West Australian was also dining in the restaurant at the time of your visit.

Stan butler

Quote from: Toyota Camry on February 01, 2021, 09:47:38 PMMy decision to visit this location was due to dissatisfaction with the new store in Garema Place; it is far inferior to the old Canberra Centre food court location.

A quick question - does the kfc food at all stores taste the same?  I believe it is meant to taste the same.   If that is the case, then why travel so far for the same tasting food?  You mention of the inferior store that is now in garema place - I am just curious, on what grounds is it inferior?  I mean it is meant to have the same tasting food....just curious. 

Unless you are there for the atmosphere of the place but I have to admit, I never found the atmosphere of the old Canberra Centre food court to be exactly riveting and I don't know about you but I find garema place has more atmosphere compared to a generic food court.  So something must be wrong with the garema place store?  Love to know what....

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Stan butler on February 02, 2021, 10:39:33 PMdoes the kfc food at all stores taste the same?

I can certainly say it doesn't. I've tried Wicked Wings at several different KFC's around Canberra and the spicy-ness increases the further north you go. Dunno why it works out like that, but it does. I'm not really one who likes ridiculous amounts of spices on my food, so I keep this in mind whenever I'm out 'n about.

If you want them 'Light', go to the KFC Fyshwick, 'Mild' go to Tuggeranong or Woden. If you want your taste buds to go to hell, go to the KFC at 'Gungahlin' (or the old one in the City that's not there anymore) or Belconnen for whatever is in between. I've never been to Dickson, Hawker or Queanbeyan's KFC's, so I can't judge them. Also didn't know there was one near Garema Place, that must be new cuz there was one in the new food court of Canberra Centre before they closed all that.
Also the Tuggeranong KFC chips are slightly different too, they taste of the ocean there - must be adding dishwashing liquid to the mix of herbs and spices or something.

Toyota Camry

Following the excellent decision by our chief minister to mandate fitted face masks in the ACT, I felt safe and empowered to travel on R3 & 45 buses to visit KFC Hawker during a 2 hour lunch break today; this was a disappointing store with slow service, cold wicked wings & a watery potato and gravy. My experience is that KFC Dickson makes the best potato and gravy in the ACT; the worst that I have had was at a store in Tuggeranong during 2017.

ajw373

Quote from: Toyota Camry on June 30, 2021, 10:20:06 PMMy experience is that KFC Dickson makes the best potato and gravy in the ACT; the worst that I have had was at a store in Tuggeranong during 2017.

Its all made and packaged in the same factory, nothing to do with the store. All they do is heat it.

triumph

Quote from: ajw373 on July 10, 2021, 03:46:43 PMIts all made and packaged in the same factory, nothing to do with the store. All they do is heat it.

Perhaps use by/best by date is relevant to poorer experiences, but more likely just dependent on the mood of the consumer and ambience of the venue at the moment.

Stan butler

It's all rubbish and gunk anyway.  Seriously do not know how people can willingly and repeatedly eat it - and also pay the premium prices they are now charging.

Get some fruit.  Much cheaper, better for you, better for the environment and you don't wake up with a "KFC hangover"

Stan butler

For those that are interested.....there is a new drive thru KFC currently being built right next to the belco skate park - on emu bank.   So when it is opened, fire up up your Toyota Camry's and shoot down there and "enjoy" whatever it is they call food.

Bus 400

Quote from: Stan butler on August 04, 2021, 07:25:10 PMFor those that are interested.....there is a new drive thru KFC currently being built right next to the belco skate park - on emu bank.  So when it is opened, fire up up your Toyota Camry's and shoot down there and "enjoy" whatever it is they call food.
It's taken long enough, sounds like KFC finally ticked all the boxes.

Stan butler

It is a prime piece of land too.  I am guessing they paid a very good amount for it - but just imagine how many people live within 200-300 metres of the place (in all those new apartments).  I wonder how many of them are kfc eaters though....but there is always the college and the uni students too - and the eager el1s skipping out for a lunch.

Toyota Camry

Quote from: Stan butler on August 04, 2021, 07:25:10 PMFor those that are interested.....there is a new drive thru KFC currently being built right next to the belco skate park - on emu bank.  So when it is opened, fire up up your Toyota Camry's and shoot down there and "enjoy" whatever it is they call food.
I will be trying this store in the near future; my lunch outing today was on an R2 bus to KFC Fyshwick, where that I purchased an ultimate box, the store was ungenerous in providing a small piece of chicken to myself, despite this box type only having one piece of chicken, hence it being discourteous to not provide a large piece.

It was also disturbing that on both bus journeys, less than 1 in 10 passengers other than myself were wearing a fitted face mask; in the future I may travel to this store on QCity route 830 due to the superior face mask policy on NSW services.

Sylvan Loves Buses

I hope you weren't having the lunch on the bus you were riding at the time, no matter your el1te-ness level, that is a No-No.

Toyota Camry

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on August 09, 2021, 10:14:39 PMI hope you weren't having the lunch on the bus you were riding at the time, no matter your el1te-ness level, that is a No-No.
Eating KFC is not a valid reason for myself to remove my face mask; the mask remains on at all times whilst that I am on the bus, this is for the safety of both me and you.

Toyota Camry

I am wishing for KFC to be delivered to my residence in Ngunnawal during this current lockdown, however it is not available on uberEATS; it would be appreciated if one would advise what service I may use to order a zinger box to be delivered.

Barry Drive

KFC delivery is available on the other food delivery platforms (Menulog, Deliveroo & DoorDash). Not that I am in any way encouraging anyone to eat from there. Do yourself a favour and support a local business like Kingsley's instead.

Bus 400

I would ask the question, is fried food an essential service? 

It's more people moving around & adding to health issues for people who are exercising less.

Stan butler

It's been so very quiet here lately, so I guess I better put something out there that may lighten up the forum.....

Anyway, it appears kfc in gunners is undergoing a renovation - or gasp, it might be closing.  Where is our KFC fanboy (Toyota Camry)?  He probably knows the full goss.

Busnerd

I believe it is being renovated to their latest store design, they seem to be slowly refurbishing all their stores. I'm surprised Toyota Camry hasn't had a meltdown over the fact they're now using cabbage and lettuce.