Special Bus Stops Of Canberra Part 2

Started by Bus 400, June 10, 2012, 11:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

This is an ongoing addition to this thread.

Here we have that blade on the last stop on Eyre Street in Kingston.

Bus 400

Next up are 3 stops on Ross Smith Crescent in Scullin.

Next up will be a few stops out at Weston Creek that I found today.

Bus 400

Here we have the original Route 80 to the Airport being advertised on Hennessy Street, Bruce.

Now as many would know stops were numbered "Summerland 2", well even some wooden pegs were numbered on the street. Here is one on Dixon Drive, Duffy.

Here is a special 'Signal Bus' sign at the third stop on Lyttleton Crescent, Cook.

As always, numerous other historic ACTION stops can be seen at http://s611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/Bus400/Infrastructure/

smitho

They never taught us @ ACTION Basic Driver Training what the No 3 Signal looks like (nor the No 2 or No 1).

Bus 400

As far as I know there is only 1 bus stop named "Southern Cross Club", I have no clue where the other 9 are.

I guess this is an old bus stop pad on Boldrewood Street, from back in the good old days when bus stops were nice & close & not 3 blocks apart. Both stops either side are a 2-3 minute walk away.

smitho

The one of special bus stop sign on Wentworth Ave northbound, opposite the Station, has been removed, apparently in the lead up to Network 12 and associated re-routing of Route 200 down Wentworth rather than via the railway station.