Previous topic - Next topic

The Love Guru

I watch them in the mirror on a daily basis

Bus 503

A quick ad check-up.

Maxim on 398
Bendigo Bank ad on 538
New BCC ads on MANS.
Vodaphone side ads on just about at least one of every fleet type.
Quest care advertisement on some gassies.
Very old Light rail jobs promotion ad on 344,345,346 and many more.
Flick pesticides now on 351 and belco mans.
F1 IT solutions
Go for the congo advertisement on irisbuses and gassies.
334, 356 & 356 now features an advert for Canberra Outlet Centre.
555 with Origen Energy[b/]
537 back ad for Hamlet

List last updated 16 September .

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 503 on August 06, 2015, 07:08:34 PM
Bus 572 features an ad for... Something red??
And a couple of stags also advertise a nursing home too.

One and the same. But for St Basil's Home Care instead. It is on at least 572, 571, 553, some STAG's and at least one MAN diesel.

Bus 503

Some new adverts, will update the list later...

Canberra Grammar School back ad

[/url]
"quest care advert"

Note that 406 has received a new full side ad and back ad both for Campbell C5.

Snorzac

You sure 406 isn't an AOA as per 360?

King of Buses

Quote from: #Domelight Drew on August 28, 2015, 08:03:13 PM

If it is, that AOA would look better on 406...The Gas pod on 360 makes it look odd...

Bus 503

Quote from: #Domelight Drew on August 28, 2015, 08:03:13 PM

It wasn't when I walked past it, one side was ad free, the others had C5 all over it, but an honest thought was that it was a half baked job and the bus had to leave for its next run from the depot before they had finished the AOA.... Well not really AOA at the moment.

Buzz Killington

Should've been pretty easy to tell - did the nearside ad cover the entire side of the bus, or did it cover from after the front doors to almost the rear?

I've seen buses go out with half an ad before, so it could be possible that it was an unfinished AOA I guess.

Snorzac

I passed it on Coulter Dr yesterday, if the near side is wrapped it's an AOA

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Barry Drive

When was this? (Day / time not mentioned) Very possible AOA will be completed today.

Bus 503

Quote from: Barry Drive on August 29, 2015, 09:47:47 AM
When was this? (Day / time not mentioned) Very possible AOA will be completed today.

Yesterday at about 4:10 pm in the city. Was going to take a few shots but the bus left before I could.
Quote from: Buzz Killington on August 29, 2015, 09:18:44 AM
Should've been pretty easy to tell - did the nearside ad cover the entire side of the bus, or did it cover from after the front doors to almost the rear?

I've seen buses go out with half an ad before, so it could be possible that it was an unfinished AOA I guess.

Covered the entire bus... but the other side of the bus was blank.

Bus 503

Differently styled Quest Care ad.

Origen energy are now advertising on a few new scanias (side ads) with Oporto a small side advert too.

Busfanatic101

375 has an interior ad for the Green Army on the inside, top of the driver side window beside luggage racks. First time I have seen an interior ad of that style (or any ad inside a green bus)

Busfanatic101

948 has a new ad for oporto on the right, one of the square ones like the ones showing up on some of the MANs. I believe this is the first new ad to be applied on a orange bus for some time (ignoring the BCC ones) and the first of its style on a orange bus

Bus 503

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on September 11, 2015, 11:28:14 PM
375 has an interior ad for the Green Army on the inside, top of the driver side window beside luggage racks. First time I have seen an interior ad of that style (or any ad inside a green bus)

I've seen it in some MAN before - it looked no different to any other inside-bus advert though.

Meanwhile in a planet far away, someone at RiotACT is having a rant about 442's very descriptive righthand side ad. http://the-riotact.com/who-is-harry-and-why-does-he-love-gardens-action-bus-ad/154983

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on September 11, 2015, 11:28:14 PM
Quote from: Bus 503 on September 26, 2015, 10:05:19 AM
I've seen it in some MAN before - it looked no different to any other inside-bus advert though.

I'm talking on the interior of the window itself, rather than the grey plastic

Barry Drive

Same thing has appeared in 380.

I think it works well, and would like to see the Fare stickers are applied on the window next time around (in the "green buses" anyway - the Renaults should continue where they are).

Sylvan Loves Buses

I've seen an all-over-side ad on Euro 5 bus 390, which is strange, cause I thought with 390 being the bus with all the special little MAN stickers all over it, that it would never had ads on it, oh well...

Can I ask, what does AOA stand for? i understand it's to do with the ads, but i can't find the definition anywhere.

Bus 503

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on September 28, 2015, 01:11:30 AM
I've seen an all-over-side ad on Euro 5 bus 390, which is strange, cause I thought with 390 being the bus with all the special little MAN stickers all over it, that it would never had ads on it, oh well...

Can I ask, what does AOA stand for? i understand it's to do with the ads, but i can't find the definition anywhere.

On 390, you'll find that it is in Australian National University AOA (at least the last time I checked it was in AOA) so all the sides have advertisements as well as the back of the bus. The MAN stickers that recognise it is the first euro 5 stickers are at least still on the back of the bus. You can see them from inside the bus itself. The stickers are likely to be ripped off if they are in poor condition (I would think.)

What does AOA stand for? I understand it means All Over Advertisement.

On the subject of 390 and stickers, why was it that 374 never received any?

Busfanatic101

New restrictions are coming into place for junk food ads etc. I suppose this means there'll be no more maccas, oporto, subway, and half the bus ads. Refer here for more info:

http://www.actbus.net/forum/index.php?topic=4008
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/restrictions-on-bus-ads-for-junk-food-alcohol-gambling-weapons-20150927-gjvt4f.html

Bus 503

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on September 28, 2015, 07:33:07 AM
New restrictions are coming into place for junk food ads etc. I suppose this means there'll be no more maccas, oporto, subway, and half the bus ads. Refer here for more info:

http://www.actbus.net/forum/index.php?topic=4008
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/restrictions-on-bus-ads-for-junk-food-alcohol-gambling-weapons-20150927-gjvt4f.html

Quick!! Someone get a photo of 948's ad before it disappears!

Things is though, Oporto and McDonald's have paid for a contract on the buses so they will be ripped off if they get taken off before the due date.

Extra ad-on: The news about the new advertising laws reveals the fact that the promotion of fossil fuels will no longer be allowed as adverts on buses either. But I believe that 963, 967 and 971's taking action liveries will be safe because they encourage fossil fuels to be conserved.

Quote from: Bus 503 on September 28, 2015, 06:18:35 AM
On the subject of 390 and stickers, why was it that 374 never received any?
Why should it have?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Bus 503

There is now a new Scania which has a right hand side advertisement for STAR WARS.

I wonder what will happen to the Gaspods which have ACTEWAGL stickers. They don't directly advertise fossil fuels, but ACTEWAGL are a gas and electrics company.

Barry Drive

Not actually FOR Star Wars - it's a Bags to Go ad. I assume there's a Star Wars range of baggage.

Bus 400

A Scania L94UB now has a side ad for Access Canberra & mentions something about transport.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Bus 503

Quote from: Bus 400 on November 29, 2015, 06:03:59 PM
A Scania L94UB now has a side ad for Access Canberra & mentions something about transport.

As does Bus 399.

Bus 400

As per the Canberra Times, the Unions Light Rail ad's have been removed.

Buzz Killington

The majority of BCC ads are gone from the Renaults.

Barry Drive

Either the ban doesn't apply yet or else Zambrero and Subway are not regarded as "junk food", since new ads for both are appearing.

King of Buses

A number of new "Duncan's Plumbing" rear ads have appeared on Euro VI Scania's and I think I saw one on an artic or two. 565 is the only bus I remember specifically though.

Sylvan Loves Buses

What's that one that's on buses 591 and 586 I think that's talking about a bus? I keep seeing them, but I'm unable to read them quickly enough to know what it says xD anyone got a still shot of one?

King of Buses

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on March 18, 2016, 06:57:54 AM
What's that one that's on buses 591 and 586 I think that's talking about a bus? I keep seeing them, but I'm unable to read them quickly enough to know what it says xD anyone got a still shot of one?

They're advertising bus advertising.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on October 27, 2014, 04:22:47 PM
Just wondering about the Right ad on 442, it says

"Harry [picture of a dog] loves gardens"

and gives no indication what its advertising or the company/ organisation it is advertising for...
any ideas?
While (at last sighting) the ad on 442 remains unchanged, there is a new side ad on 318 which has both "Harry Loves Gardens" and Willow Park Nursery.

So there's your answer, finally.

Bus 400

Quote from: Barry Drive on May 03, 2016, 10:24:00 AM
...........since 511's may soon disappear.

I wonder if Southern Cross Nine could include 9 shows in the a new AOA? The Block goes sideways, let us hear your VVVVOOOOIIICCCEE, or watch NRL 5 nights a week on Channel **.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Barry Drive

So Cadbury chocolate isn't considered as junk food?

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Barry Drive on May 05, 2016, 05:27:44 PM
Well...I'm sure there must be some health benefits when consumed in moderation...
Which bus/es?

Barry Drive

Only seen it on a few Irisbuses, but likely to appear elsewhere.

Bus 503

Quote from: Barry Drive on May 06, 2016, 02:32:15 PM
Only seen it on a few Irisbuses, but likely to appear elsewhere.

523 has one too.

Quote from: Barry Drive on May 05, 2016, 05:27:44 PM

They're advertising Cadbury Oreo Chocolate and I think that's an interesting combination.

Barry Drive

And the Cadbury ads have promptly been removed.

Barry Drive

The Brindabella Christian College window and rear ads have returned to selected Renaults.

Bus 400

Traversing the advertising tender, food items designated as "Red" on the ACT Vending machine policy aren't permitted to be advertised on buses.

(Edited by moderator)

Barry Drive

Allhomes.com.au have hit back in the advertising war. They've now got AdShels and are rolling out both large and small side ads on buses.

No new AOAs though. Yet.

Bus 400

Go Transit have been awarded the new advertising contract for the following 3 years.

Nothing really new in the contract, except this time 20 buses must be kept clean. Plus City Loop & trial buses are to remain ad free.

In other news, a new ad for 104.7 is coming this year.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Busfanatic101

944 has a rear ad below the window for Go Transit advertising, the first non-BCC ad on a Renault for quite some time (a green that is absolutely revolting on the orange livery).
9/11/17

Sylvan Loves Buses

Of all the ads, I was not expecting to see one of this

Can't say I saw one for Infinity War or any other past Marvel film, guess I don't look hard enough for movies I'm greatly anticipating. At least we get to see something before America does for once...

Barry Drive

Keep an eye out for some new Transport Canberra ads now appearing on the rear of Bustechs.

Yes, really. Bustechs.

King of Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on May 15, 2019, 11:02:11 AMKeep an eye out for some new Transport Canberra ads now appearing on the rear of Bustechs.

Yes, really. Bustechs.

I don't even want to know what an AOA on a TC Bustech looks like...

Busfanatic101

As long as they leave my volgrens alone

Busfanatic101

921 has the newer BCC window ads despite being a training bus, I'm pretty sure it was ad free before. Does anyone know when this was applied and if this is usual practice?

Busnerd

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on May 15, 2019, 10:48:16 PMAs long as they leave my volgrens alone
Not sure I have great news there, an advertising company recently contacted ACT BUS asking for photos of the rear ends of the Volgrens, so they may be coming soon!

The bustech rear ad wouldn't look so bad if they stickered over the hinges as well as the blank circles where the school lights go.