Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

Date:27/03/2009
Vehicle: 434 (434 PUP) MCA AUS Classic III 14.5m, Grey colors.Service:
GX280
Seat: 4C
Departure Time: 0930
Arrival: 1230
Pretty uneventful journey. The driver refused to let anyone chew gum on board.Had to sit next to a big fat guy who took up half my seat making my ride rather uncomfortable. No traffic at all and into the coach terminus 10min early.

Date:29/03/2009
Vehicle: 130 (130 DOG) Autobus 13.5 Cummins, Red colorsService:
GX278Seat: 8D
Departure Time: 1330
Arrival: 1730
Much more comfortable ride for the way back, got just about every red light and got into Canberra a bit late. The bus had very smooth suspension however the gearbox was rather jerky in the fist few gears. The driver was very happy compared to the one on the way. 

I would certainly travel to Sydney by coach again. 

Bus 400

I think that Greyhound have improved with their buses since ANZ took over. In previous years I thought that the coaches were showing their age. But not anymore. I don't see how the driver could see you chewing gum. I've grabbed lollies & chips out of my back pack before without them noticing.

Snorzac

Your allowed to chew gum, eat and drink.

Bus 400

Buzz Killington

I would've chewed gum anyways. What's he gonna do, walk up, stick a trash can under your mouth and say "SPIT IT OUT...."

Snorzac

Busnerd

I dont believe Greyhound or Murrays have any conditions with eating.

I've only had one driver say water only, every other driver has said, you can eat and drink, just take your rubbish with you and don't eat any hot food as the smell gets stuck in the air conditioning.

ScaniaDriver

In a nutshell (Greyhound) - seat 7D, no leg room at all, cramped, TV turned off, radio could hardly be heard (and it's a good thing too, it was playing some in-****d channel), guy next to me kept on falling asleep and his head fell on my shoulders >:( The driver seemed friendly enough though.

Busnerd