ACT BUS Updates

Started by Buzz Killington, December 02, 2007, 08:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

ACT Bus Updates

This thread will keep you up to date with changes and additions to all aspects of the website.

Contributions and Suggestions are always most welcomed, and can be sent to us at website@actbus.net

10 May 2009
Specifications Section (Under 'Information' Menu) Redesigned.

9 May 2009
Eight historic AOA Photos added to Gallery. List: http://actbus.net/forum/index.php?topic=1290.msg12640#msg12640

4 May 2009
AOA Page on Website rebuilt in revised format

1 May 2009
10 Historic AOA photos added to Gallery. Full list: http://actbus.net/forum/index.php?topic=1290

29 April 2009
21 Historic Advertising Livery Photos added to Gallery. Full list: http://actbus.net/forum/index.php?topic=1290.msg12173#new

18 April 2009
- Belconnen Stations page added to Infrastructure
- Belconnen Interchange page updated
- Homepage updated

Buzz Killington

Today's updates:

- Network 09 page updated to reflect changes to Routes as part of Belconnen Interchange Closure
- Belconnen Interchange page moved to History section

Buzz Killington

24 May 2009

- Wiki and Fleet list updated to reflect transfer of vehicles to Belconnen Depot
- Information added to various Wiki pages regarding vehicle maintenance and repairs.

Buzz Killington

Tourist Drive #1 has been added to the Enthusiast Section. The rest will be added progressively.

Sir Pompously

I get a 404 Error with that page, Buzz.

Edit: And I see why, the URL has an extra L after html!

And also, feel free to look through my flickr of photos of places the Tourist Routes go to. You may use the ones on there, just hit All Sizes to get the larger size!

Buzz Killington

Tourist Drive 3 has been added

Buzz Killington

Nightrider page updated
New article added "The real cost of free school buses"

Buzz Killington

Some historic photos added to the Gallery today - they were the ones posted on ATDB recently

Buzz Killington

More info added to the Wiki today - a bunch of delivery dates for some of the older Mk1 Renaults - rigid and artics.

You can always see the latest changes to the wiki here: http://www.actbus.net/wiki/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges

Buzz Killington

A new article has been added to the History section. It covers the 730-series Evaluation vehicles from a passengers perspective, and is definitely worth a read.

Buzz Killington

Small updates today to the following pages

- Bike and Ride
- ACTION Fares
- City West

Buzz Killington

Tourist Drive 4 has been added to the Enthusiast Section.

Buzz Killington

Tourist Drive 5 added today.

Buzz Killington

20 or so photos added today. Most from the forum, but also a bunch of 846 submitted by a site visitor.

Buzz Killington

Canberra's 1973 Fleet has been added to the History section.

Buzz Killington

Sir Pompously has added 'Gallery Editor' to his list of duties.

His role will be editing existing photographs to ensure that appropriate descriptions are available on more photographs, as well as uploading more photographs.

Thanks to Sir Pompously for taking on this extra role, which will result in a better experience for those who enjoy browsing our Gallery!

Buzz Killington

Various minor updates across the Information Section today:

- MAN18.310 specs updated
- PR100.2 Mk1 specs updated
- MAN18.320 specs added
- Belconnen Bus Stations updated
- Scania specs updated
- Media releases section added

Buzz Killington

Forum

- More 'Hot Topic' links have now been added to the forum index
- 'Hot Topic' links have been fixed to go to the newest post in the thread, rather than the first page.
- New Forum Icons have been added (Green for new posts, grey for no new posts)

Wiki
- A large number of VIN Numbers, Body Numbers and Body Dates have been added, mostly for O.305's and Renault PR100.2's
- PR180.2 Category has been split into two (Mk1 and Mk2)
- PR100.2 Category progressively being split into two (Mk1 and Mk2)

Buzz Killington

Today's updates
- ACTION Fleet List (Fleet info put into table format)
- ACTIONs 1994 Fleet (History Section) - This page has been fully rebuilt to have the same format as the current fleetlist.
- ACTIONs 2004 Fleet (History Section) - also fully rebuilt to have the same format as the current fleetlist
- Evaluation Buses Updated

Buzz Killington

Today's updates:
- History Homepage
- Advertising
- All over Advertising
- Destination Rolls
- Canberra Show
- Christmas
- Commuter Express
- Fare Comparison (Current fares added)

Most of these are minor cosmetic changes.

Buzz Killington

Some changes have been made to the forum layout based on popularity.

Multimedia has been split out into its own category, located at the top of the homepage. It has been split into three boards - Canberra Region, Infrastructure and Interstate.

ACT Bus News has been renamed to simply 'News' and is now located within the Bus Discussion Category.

The general rules/updates forum is now located at the bottom of the page, all the restaurant review threads have been consolidated into the one forum, as has the Japanese section into the International section.

Buzz Killington

MAN SL200's 451 - 463 have been added to the Wiki.

For those wondering what will happen when we get up to the MAN 18.320's assigned those fleet numbers, see BUS 671 for an example of how we will work it.

Buzz Killington

The "ACTION BUSES" and 'Numberplate' images in the wiki articles are progressively being replaced with a photograph of the bus itself. Each current vehicle will have a photo, and former vehicles will feature one where possible.

As there are over 800 buses in our wiki, this will take some time. As always, you can see recent changes on the wiki by clicking the "Recent Changes" link on the left hand side of the wiki pages.

Buzz Killington

All current vehicles except some of the newer MANs now have photos on their articles.

Work has begun on the former vehicles.

Buzz Killington

AEC Swifts have been added to the Wiki.

Buzz Killington

Anyone who uses the 'recent changes' link on the Wiki to keep an eye on changes will note there has been quite a bit of work done in the last few days which is somewhat behind the scenes.

In order to add articles for some rather early Canberra/ACTION Buses which carried fleet numbers in the 100 series, the Renault PR100.3's, Dennis Darts, Hino RG197K's and the two evaluators have had their pages moved. For example, .3 Bus 100 is now at BUS 100 (2).

A lot of work is going into the Wiki at the moment, and as a result you can expect to see more old vehicles added, and eventually our comprehensive Disposals List will be complete - http://www.actbus.net/fleetwiki/index.php?title=ACTION_Fleet_-_Disposals

Buzz Killington

- Website has undergone some major back end changes, and the public site now has a new look.
- O.305's, O.305G's and 730 series evaluators have been added to the disposal fleet list.

CNG

buzz can you add the info on higgins interchange I sent to you on the pm. Which Myway posted

Snorzac

have you ever heard of manners?

Barry Drive

I think the favicon in the ACT BUS main site needs updating.

Buzz Killington

Ah yes, forgot about that. Will fix that up in the next few days.

Quote from: CNG on August 11, 2010, 06:47:08 AM
buzz can you add the info on higgins interchange I sent to you on the pm. Which Myway posted

Well, since you asked so nicely.. or rather, edited your post to make it slightly nicer.

CNG

yeah I looked over it and I thought gee that dose sound rude,  I really didn't mean it to sound that way sorry buzz

p_stampy

Quote from: CNG on August 12, 2010, 07:50:09 AM
yeah I looked over it and I thought gee that dose sound rude,  I really didn't mean it to sound that way sorry buzz

Ill assume you mean does, not dose.

lol.. all I can think of now is tarbo flutterz

Buzz Killington

Site
Information > Fleets menu updated
Information > News menu updated
Higgins Interchange page updated

Wiki
337 - 584 added to disposal list (note that 337-409 have not had all details added at this time)

Buzz Killington

Wiki articles have been added for 337 to 409.

Buzz Killington

MyWay and MySelf (heh) have been doing bits and pieces across the site during the Christmas/New Year period. Some may have been mentioned here and there but here's a bit of a rundown (No doubt I'll forget some but 'MyWay' will surely add those in)

Site
- MyWay info moved to its own section and new content added.
- School Bus info re-added
- Archive of 'Featured Bus' from the Wiki has been added.
- Updated fare comparison
- News section modified - now contains articles - links to forum news topics now a subcategory
- 2010 in Focus added

Wiki
- Disposal list updated to include vehicles dating back to the 1920s - individual articles to follow.

We are continuing to review, update and add new content where possible. As always if there are any suggestions or requests, please let us know and we'll do our best to get it sorted. Our focus in 2011 will be filling in as many of the gaps in our information as possible.

Buzz Killington

haha, i love that ostrich.

Snorzac

Buzz Killington

We've made some changes to the frontpage of actbus.net, namely some new modules on the right hand side of that page.

According to our data this should look fine to anyone who has a screen resolution above a width of about 1100 pixels, which represents a majority of our users, but if anyone is getting some serious overlap of the right hand modules over the top of the photo of the month, please send me a message or email with your screen resolution so we can look to fine tune it.

Buzz Killington

The forum software has been updated to the latest version. Not much in the way of front-end changes but there are various security updates and whatnot.

You may notice a few things missing/changed here and there - those that can be fixed will be over the next few days.

Barry Drive

Did the latest forum update remove the chat function again?

Buzz Killington

Unfortunately, yes. We're awaiting a new release of the chat function.

Buzz Killington

The chatroom is now back up and running :)

Buzz Killington

Sorry about the downtime yesterday. I logged a support call yesterday morning and was told that it was a server issue affecting a number of sites including our own. The site did reappear mid-afternoon but the problems persisted into the evening.

If you're not already following our Twitter feed or liking us on Facebook, please do so as those are our only channels of communications with you during site downtime.

Finally, you can generally tell the difference between downtime and scheduled maintenance - when we're undertaking scheduled maintenance only one section of the site is taken down at a time (e.g. wiki, forum, gallery..) and generally we'll give advance notice. When it's a server issue, you'll get an error message no matter what part of the site you go to.

Buzz Killington

Gallery and Wiki are still offline following yesterday's troubles. Tech support are onto it. Sorry for the inconvenience..

Bus 400

Quote from: Buzz Killington on October 24, 2011, 07:39:50 PM

If you're not already following our Twitter feed or liking us on Facebook, please do so as those are our only channels of communications with you during site downtime.

So who won the most MyWay transactions thing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buzz Killington

Can't recall the name, but it was 1,503. Check the twitter feed.

--

Wiki is back up, images and front page to follow but all the data is there. Still no ETA on the gallery.

Buzz Killington

Thanks to a brainwave from ACTbusspotter, our Disposal List now includes this icon to indicate that a photo is on file for that particular bus.

Not much else to report - the desto roll listing page has been updated with the MAN SG192/MAN SL200 roll, and we're continuing to tag and caption the gallery.

Buzz Killington

The ACT Bus Website now has a mobile version, joining the Gallery which also has a mobile version.

If you visit either of those parts of the site, your phone should automatically display the mobile theme. You can switch to the full version via a link at the bottom of the page.

I hope to get mobile versions of our Wiki and Forum happening sometime soon, although in the meantime Tapatalk provides a great platform for using the forum from your mobile, and can be downloaded from your app store.