Renaults a-go-go!

Started by Barry Drive, June 18, 2010, 06:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busnerd

Gadgets, are you planning on keeping that MACK badge? We are looking for one for our restoration bus (675)!

Gadgets

Quote from: Bus 400 on August 15, 2012, 06:56:04 PM
I like the front door conversion work. Was that a difficult job to do?

wasnt to hard, in fact the hardest part was removing the old doors.

Bus 400

Buses 857,849,850,861,858 & 859 are now sitting at Woden Depot.

Moderator edit: changed second 857 to 861

Barry Drive

I understand 849 & 850 were always slated for storage / withdrawal but were kept in service while the Irisbuses were being refurbished. With the 4 T depot withdrawals, expect to see their Darts in service more often.

Bus 400

Buses 859 & 861 returned to Tuggeranong Dept on Friday. What there use is, is unclear at this stage.

Barry Drive

859 now back at Woden. Looks like it was only out on "day release" for the Transport Open Day. No new sightings of 861.

Possibly a false alarm: 862 has been parked at B depot where buses go to die. Ticket machine console has been removed, but nothing else so far. (Radio, bike rack still in place.)

perthbus

For those interested ex788 (B54) has been sold by ADAMS to Westwide it is in the Nightcruiser livery.

Both WA operators.

smitho

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on October 04, 2012, 02:05:59 PM
859 now back at Woden. Looks like it was only out on "day release" for the Transport Open Day. No new sightings of 861.

Possibly a false alarm: 862 has been parked at B depot where buses go to die. Ticket machine console has been removed, but nothing else so far. (Radio, bike rack still in place.)

Understand that some of the Woden standard buses will come back into traffic when the new school term shifts take effect...

route56

How long are the Renaults ? Im thinking of buying one, but have to measure an available storage space (or convince Ed to drive it to central Victoria...).

Bus 400

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on October 04, 2012, 02:05:59 PM

Bus 862 was spotted on the 17:32 705 from Belconnen. MyWay BDC & front reader (at least) in place.

smitho

861 has been back in its Tuggy training bus role over the past few weeks.

route56

Someone ha smashed into the pink Party Bus. It has crumpled lower panels between the front and rear door. It is still being chartered however, as I saw it on Northbourne in this condition, on Saturday night with what looked like a Hens Party on board sipping champagne.

perthbus

Former 821 is over in WA at ADAMS and is going to be scrapped for parts.

Possibly the engine is gonna go into B57 TC6939 which is ex Action 791 but not 100% confirmed yet.

All are now in ADAMS school bus livery with the exception of B70 ex 812 and B71 ex 817.

Barry Drive

Two withdrawals taking place at B depot by the looks of it: 850 & 851.

Bus 400

Bus 861 is currently being scrapped at Tuggeranong.

belcodriver

Anyone know why the training buses are Mk IIs while there are still some Mk Is on the road?

IIRC the training buses have usually been the oldest in the fleet.

smitho

712 still in revenue service today.

Barry Drive

796 quietly disappeared from Belconnen Depot in the past week or two. Looks like 851 is the new parts bus.

Can anyone report on whether 783 has also left Tuggeranong.

smitho

712 was in revenue service again this am..... but was scheduled to be driven off from Tuggy Depot 'to meet its fate' later today...

smitho

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on April 27, 2013, 02:21:41 PM
796 quietly disappeared from Belconnen Depot in the past week or two. Looks like 851 is the new parts bus.

Can anyone report on whether 783 has also left Tuggeranong.

Haven't seen 783 around Tuggeranong for many months. 861 has been the parts bus since earlier in the year.

Barry Drive

A report has come my way of a sighting of a former ACTION Mk1 in Queanbeyan (unregistered). No details yet as to its identity, but former B depot trainer 781 is possible.

Barry Drive

Update: bus seen in Queanbeyan was 832. 781 is still unaccounted for - it may have left Woden Depot.

smitho

Noticed on Monday morning....an ex-ACTION Renault PR 2 running along Mouat St in Canberra United's all over green-white livery  (ladies soccer team). 

Barry Drive

Quote from: smitho on August 14, 2013, 12:32:23 AM
Noticed on Monday morning....an ex-ACTION Renault PR 2 running along Mouat St in Canberra United's all over green-white livery  (ladies soccer team).
Refer to November 2012 Photo of the Month

smitho

Canberra United 837:  Yes, that's the one. Livery still looks in excellent condition; I'd assumed it to be a very recent paint job.

Barry Drive

The first PR100.3 withdrawal: 130. (For those who missed it, 130 was involved in a collision a few months ago. Must not be worth the money repairing it.)

Buzz Killington

That's a shame. Although the .3's always seemed to be the last buses left in the yards at Tuggeranong.

Quote from: smitho on August 24, 2013, 08:13:25 AM
Canberra United 837:  Yes, that's the one. Livery still looks in excellent condition; I'd assumed it to be a very recent paint job.

Possibly because it's a proper paint job rather than a vinyl wrap.

belcodriver

Quote from: Buzz Killington on October 29, 2013, 10:00:16 PM
That's a shame. Although the .3's always seemed to be the last buses left in the yards at Tuggeranong.

Possibly because it's a proper paint job rather than a vinyl wrap.

No, no it's not. The 3s are awful buses and the ex-wheelchair ones are generally worse than average.

Barry Drive

Report that 850 has gone to Tuggeranong as #2 parts bus (joining 861).

Barry Drive

849 has also left Woden - it's at B depot, presumably for parting out.

Barry Drive

Saw the Pink Party Bus yesterday - with MO plates (335) and an accreditation notice taped underneath the driver's window.

The rear number plate was attached to the bumper bar.

Barry Drive

Number plate lights still on engine flap, number plate (unlit) attached to bumper.

Barry Drive

Correction: rego of Pink Party Bus is MO334.

Simes

A friend of mine showed me some pics tonight of seven PR100.2's have appeared in Newcastle

Barry Drive

PR100.2 (standard / rigid) or PR180.2 (artics)? And by Newcastle, do you mean Sid Fogg's?

Simes

Rigids and yes Sid Foggs pty ltd at Fullerton Cove

smitho

Renault Rigids @ Woden Transport Depot - Stocktake as at late February 2014

Mark 1's

Mark 2's

Barry Drive

863 is now withdrawn at B depot - presumably as the next parts bus; 849 & 851 nowhere to be seen, presumed sent to Sims.

873 has also left Woden Depot and might be the parts bus for T depot, but this needs to be confirmed.

The Love Guru

849 was seen on the back of the tow truck this morning, with lots of gearbox and motors inside and basically stripped of all useable parts. Dare say it made the journey to Sims new Hume facility to meet its maker.

Quote from: Simes on February 06, 2014, 12:47:18 AM
Rigids and yes Sid Foggs pty ltd at Fullerton Cove
I've also seen photos and they were artics. Today I saw ex 708 in Jewells, south of Newcastle. Didn't appear to have any signwriting on it.

smitho

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on April 03, 2014, 07:00:01 PM
863 is now withdrawn at B depot - presumably as the next parts bus; 849 & 851 nowhere to be seen, presumed sent to Sims.

873 has also left Woden Depot and might be the parts bus for T depot, but this needs to be confirmed.
Saw 873 on Tugg bricks today, but not obvious that it is being used for parts at this stage.

Barry Drive

Quote from: smitho on April 03, 2014, 11:05:13 PM
Saw 873 on Tugg bricks today, but not obvious that it is being used for parts at this stage.
Most likely it will be, but it's too soon to be sure. Please report if it loses its bike rack, number plate, fleet numbers, ACTION logos or Motorola radio. For now it is marked on the fleet lists as "not in service".

smitho

873 was gone from the bricks today; will endeavour to find out if it is back in revenue service. (Training bus is being used quite a lot for training lately, meaning the loss of this vehicle as a stop gap on revenue services).

Barry Drive

No need. 873 now at B depot - logos, fleet numbers, number plate and bike rack removed.

I expect 859 & 862 will suffer the same fate soon.

Gadgets

Quote from: The Love Guru on April 03, 2014, 07:41:35 PM
849 was seen on the back of the tow truck this morning, with lots of gearbox and motors inside and basically stripped of all useable parts. Dare say it made the journey to Sims new Hume facility to meet its maker.

spoke with Sims Hume this morning they didnt get 849 as i was looking at getting a spare rim off it for my bus but even if they did get 849 they dont sell stuff that comes in for recycling. :(

Buzz Killington

This one's been gone a while (it's also ex-Interline), but an interesting new life for this PR100.2 - www.sydneyspeedway.com/mike-at-easter.html

Barry Drive

859 at Woden Depot - without plates, fleet numbers etc. so considered as withdrawn. 862 is the Belconnen parts bus; but 863 was not seen at Woden Depot recently - has it gone to Tuggeranong?

Barry Drive

Former Tuggeranong Depot parts buses 850 & 861 have joined artics 709 & 724 at Access Recycling, Fyshwick (the old Sims Metal site). Guess this explains where 849 & 851 ended up, rather than at Sims.

No info yet on whether there is a new parts bus at T - 863 might still be at Woden Depot (hard to know since its fleet numbers were removed).

Bus 400

With Bus 873 up for sale at Pickles (http://www.pickles.com.au/trucks/item/-/details/CP-08-90--Renault--Bus/1402141125)

Presumably, whatever runs in Woden Depot is sent to Pickles. What doesn't is scrapped. Looks like Fyshwick is to become a hot spot for bus spotters for a different reason.