Belconnen Community Station - New signage

Started by route56, December 15, 2011, 01:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

route56

I noticed this sign the other day and checked the photos i took at the last 670 tour - these signs have appeared since then. I think they are replacing the large sticker numbers on the adshel glass shelters.

Buzz Killington

Bus 400

They were up at the time of July 670 tour. I've got a picture of the MAN 18.310 that you had disembarked, with you under one of these signs at Platform 6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

route56

Well that dates them to mid-year then, they werent there at the first 670 tour. I only noticed them when i was waiting at the bus station yesterday - i rarely use it.

Could you email me that photo please! ;D

Maxious

Does anybody have any idea why there are *huge* sideways shipping containers next to Belconnen Community Station? They looked bolted to the ground... either public art or something to do with the construction going on nearby.

The Love Guru

Quote from: Maxious on December 16, 2011, 12:11:50 AM
Does anybody have any idea why there are *huge* sideways shipping containers next to Belconnen Community Station? They looked bolted to the ground... either public art or something to do with the construction going on nearby.

Taking a guess, i think they will be used to advertise the apartment complex being built on that site. Cheap form of advertising and certainly an attention grabber.

route56

route56

Quote from: Chris_Guru on December 16, 2011, 12:32:25 AM
Taking a guess, i think they will be used to advertise the apartment complex being built on that site. Cheap form of advertising and certainly an attention grabber.

I reckon this is probably correct.

Busnerd

Would be quite funny if it blew over in strong winds :P

Kramden

Quote from: Busnerd on December 16, 2011, 04:48:34 PM
Would be quite funny if it blew over in strong winds :P

Yeah, freakin' hilarious.  Particularly if it takes me out on a passing bus.  They certainly aren't art.  I think they look like shite and of course will be even more hideous when they splash ads all over them.

smitho

Buzz Killington

Reminds me of the Simpsons, when 'Eye on Springfield' visited the world's first two story outhouse.

If you haven't seen it.. the guy on the bottom floor (no pun intended) lets out a scream shortly after the top level is occupied

route56

I had quick look this morning and i think your fears about these falling over are unfounded.

There are 4 bolts on each tower securing them to the concrete pads.