How should I request an artic for a school run?

Started by particleman, March 02, 2010, 09:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

particleman

My school (located in the inner south) offers 4 school routes after school, two to Civic, and two to Woden. Of course, one of the Woden routes gets an artic, but the Civic routes are both run by rigids. Due to a large amount of out-of-area students, most of whom live in the inner north, or Gungahlin, many Civic-bound students are being left behind at the school. Woden-bound students are never left behind due to the artic. Is there any way to request artics for school routes? How should I do it?
Thank you
PS: How should I request an extension to a bus route?

Snorzac

Generally the best way is to raise the issue with the school

particleman

I told the principal, he agreed and told me he would contact ACTION, I also talked to him about extending the Redex to the school. Some other student helped me out.

belcodriver

Quote from: particleman on March 03, 2010, 08:24:25 PM
I told the principal, he agreed and told me he would contact ACTION, I also talked to him about extending the Redex to the school. Some other student helped me out.

Good luck with that. Perhaps they'll send the bus right to your door too.

particleman

edit: My cynicism showed up.

Irisbus Rider

Extending RedEx to Woden via Narrabundah College would be the way to go, whilst maintaining current RedEx service areas........not sure the best way to achieve that though.
I'm sure a few of the board members on here have thought about it, and provided a solution.

particleman

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on March 03, 2010, 09:33:02 PM
Extending RedEx to Woden via Narrabundah College would be the way to go, whilst maintaining current RedEx service areas........not sure the best way to achieve that though.
The route would be simple, go straight on Wentworth/Sturt/Jerrabomberra avenues, then turn right on Goyder street, and then take most of route 5, except for the hospital route.