Lanyon Valley Service Diversion

Started by Bus 400, January 23, 2009, 06:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

While the Drakeford/Tharwa Dr duplication buses all buses heading to/from Lanyon Marketplace are going there via Woodcock Drive. This is because of the work currently going on at the Mentone View roundabout & they can no longer safely use the roundabout. Of course this work is due to be complete by 31/01/09 & this will of course change.

Although this diversion may continue until the full duplication is complete.

Also can anyone confirm that Xpresso Routes 785/787/788 use this diversion?

Buzz Killington

if the regular services cannot safely use the roundabout, then i think its safe to assume that the Xpresso's cant either.

Busnerd

Only southbound services are affected. As you have to cross the centre line to get past. However coming back you can use your overhang on the side of the road and can get around just fine.

Bus 400

Northbound buses are going via Woodcock as well.

Busnerd

Incorrect.

I was on buses down there the other week and both the northbound ones went the usual way, however the stops were closed. As I explained above its only southbound buses that cant get past safely.

Bus 400

ACTION have finally put up a notice about this bus stop closure:

Roadwork on Tharwa Drive
Due to roadwork on Tharwa Drive near Mentone View in Conder, the bus stops located on Tharwa Drive adjacent to the roadwork will not be used by ACTION. Alternative bus stops are located on Box Hill Avenue at Lanyon Market Place. This affects routes 785, 788, and 319. ACTION apologises for the inconvenience this may cause.

Busnerd

What do you mean finally, they have been there for about a month

Buzz Killington

i think he means it was on the website, but yeah, they've had signs on the stops for ages.

Bus 400

Bus 400

Over the ACTION radio today, they were telling drivers heading to Lanyon M.P. to avoid Tharwa Dr & go via Woodcock Dr. Also buses coming from Theodore to Lanyon M.P. to come in via Johnson Dr & continue onto Woodcock Dr.

Bus 400

It looks as if the Conder North stop will be moved closer to Lanyon Market Place. As it looks as if a long bus bay has been built just south on Mentone View with a lot of street sign poles (without signs though).

Buzz Killington

i went past this morning and saw that. definitely looks like either a layover or a fairly long bus bay.

Bus 400

Also especially as the other poles have signs showing "No Stopping" while the signs either side of the cement slab are covered up. I suspect it will be a layover as it is too close to Lanyon Market Place which all services pull into anyway.

Bus 400

I have also noticed another one of these on Tharwa Drive South just after it changes from Drakeford Dr to Tharwa Drive.

Bus 400

There will be 2 bus stops each way at

Tharwa Drive after Mentone View SOUTHBOUND
Tharwa Drive before Mentone View NORTHBOUND

Tharwa Drive after Drakeford Drive SOUTHBOUND
Tharwa Drive before Drakeford Drive NORTHBOUND

Buses are still not allowed in the worksite, but more drivers are still going in the roadwork site as there is no more lane switching.

Bus 400

I have been told that as of the Monday just passed, Lanyon Valley services are back to normal. So the 19/785/788 use Drakeford Drive/Tharwa Drive rather then Woodcock Drive. There has been a noticeable change in the running on northbound 319 services in the morning.

I haven't been done that way to see if the new bus stops are in service yet.

Buzz Killington

i was last down that way a week ago and the stops weren't in use, and tharwa drive was still one lane each way, but looking closer to completion.

Bus 400

Apparently a notice went out to drivers on Monday morning.

bubzie

i was there saturday night, and northbound is DEFINATLY double laned. :D

Bus 400

There was something on The RiotACT at the beginning of September with TAMS Minister saying that it would be open in September, so a few days from October it opens.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: bubzie on September 29, 2009, 09:14:37 PM
i was there saturday night, and northbound is DEFINATLY double laned. :D

I was there on Monday last week and it wasn't double laned then, but like I said above it looked close to completion.

The Love Guru

Quote from: Bus 400 on September 29, 2009, 09:00:05 PM
Apparently a notice went out to drivers on Monday morning.

We must be a little bit behind the times at Belconnen. As of today the notice on the board was stating that the diversion was still in place!

smitho

Quote from: Chris_Guru on September 29, 2009, 09:52:59 PM
We must be a little bit behind the times at Belconnen. As of today the notice on the board was stating that the diversion was still in place!
I haven't seen any notice @ Tuggeranong Depot saying that the diversion no longer applies...but I'll look harder tomorrow.

Bus 400

Bug the starters for info, see what they know.
Went down there today landscaping is still being done & I can't see why it would be open yet.

smitho

You're right TP; there is a new notice @ Tuggeranong Depot saying that Tharwa Drive south is re-open to buses but noting that a 40 km/h speed limit applies.

I used it yesterday while dead running north and found that with the delays due to flagmen and the 40k limit, I probably would have been better off sticking to the Woodcock diversion.