Gungahlin temporary diversions

Started by King of Buses, September 18, 2015, 10:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King of Buses

https://www.action.act.gov.au/news/news_articles/gungahlin-bus-station-temporary-diversions-and-relocation-from-monday-12-october

Gungahlin works for the underground car park at the marketplace mean diversions for buses...shame the map posted to the ACTION website was for the abandoned network...
The 54 will screw these arrangements up I'm sure...though they'll probably fix it by making it run the same as the 56...

vnguyen

Quote from: King of Buses on September 18, 2015, 10:16:02 PM
https://www.action.act.gov.au/news/news_articles/gungahlin-bus-station-temporary-diversions-and-relocation-from-monday-12-october

Gungahlin works for the underground car park at the marketplace mean diversions for buses...shame the map posted to the ACTION website was for the abandoned network...
The 54 will screw these arrangements up I'm sure...though they'll probably fix it by making it run the same as the 56...

It also has the route 254 on that map. But since the new weedy network is delayed I assumed that is a mistake.

Bus 400

Quote from: King of Buses on September 18, 2015, 10:16:02 PM

Map has been fixed up.

Barry Drive

Straight from the ACTION website:

The Love Guru

What a fuck up this is going to be. Hoping they are going to have spare drivers on stand by in Gungahlin, or else there are going to be lots of runs dropped. Could easily see a loss of 10 minutes per run during heavy traffic times.

Barry Drive

"Minor delays are expected".

Thanks for that.

Just close the other Hibberson St stops and run everything along The Valley Av (and/or Efkarpidis St).

Buzz Killington

Running everything on Eftkarpidis street would be far more logical - maybe with a loop of Gungahlin Pl if they're worried about the extreme distance between the two streets)

Good thing they've got the arrows to indicate which way one should travel around the roundabout at Mirrabei and Gundaroo..

Barry Drive

ACTION have just announced from Saturday 31 October, routes 54 56 & 956 will not service the Hibberson / Hinder St stops in both directions.

Barry Drive

As announced on the ACTION website: Hibberson St will re-open to traffic on Monday 7 December - 5 days earlier than was scheduled.

I wonder if they will now finally remove the old bus shelters from Gozzard Street.

Barry Drive

TAMS have tweeted that road surfacing work will be taking place on Hibberson St next week (i.e. 12 & 13 January).

triumph

Manning Clark Cresc crossing Flemington Rd (Gungahlin) is temporarily closed. TC advised rte 200 S bound would divert from The Valley Ave via Kate Crace St, Anthony Rolfe Ave and Manning Clark Cresc so as to access the S  bound lane of Flemington Rd. The service I was on today followed a slightly different route to Cate Crace St by substituting Efkarpidis St for the slightly longer published way via the parallel The Valley Ave.