Artic side desto

Started by Lachie, October 31, 2014, 08:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lachie

On the artics I have seen there route number + final destination on it. Is this new? Because I have not seen this before but I also think this is exclusive to artics with two digit route numbers.
Thanks,

The Love Guru

AFAIK 511 is the only B artic getting around with this happening.
It works on all routes regardless of the route number but the 3 digit numbers make it almost impossible to read the end destination scrolling by.
Pretty sure it is a fault in the settings for the unit as this was one of the few buses hooked up to the NXTBUS system for desto control (a feature which has now been abandoned due hardware incompatibility)

King of Buses

Is it meant to do this though?

546 did this too IIRC. It reminds me of the PR2s which say CE when Not in service. I presume the side display is trying to do the full front one but only the last two letters fit.

The Love Guru

With the .2s, whatever is displayed on the left most panel on the front is what is displayed on the side desto.

The hanovers that are doing it have been programed incorrectly. I'm sure it El be corrected when the desto files are next updated

Skitube

Quote from: King of Buses on October 31, 2014, 11:35:20 AM
Is it meant to do this though?

546 did this too IIRC. It reminds me of the PR2s which say CE when Not in service. I presume the side display is trying to do the full front one but only the last two letters fit.

that is correct, 546 did have this problem, not anymore, got inherited by 511...