All over advertising

Started by Snorzac, May 04, 2009, 11:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King of Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on January 05, 2016, 10:37:09 PM
How long is a usual AOA applied for? 414 and maybe 419 seem to have been on for longer than usual..., both of which I have seen in the past few days?

Depends on the contracts.

ajw373

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on January 05, 2016, 10:37:09 PM
How long is a usual AOA applied for? 414 and maybe 419 seem to have been on for longer than usual..., both of which I have seen in the past few days?

However long the advertiser wants to keep paying!

King of Buses

462 also in Embrace Orthodontists AOA.

King of Buses

Some mechanics are on a ladder tending to the rear of BUS.540s AOA right now. Maybe a new back design?  (again?)

Buzz Killington

Mechanics don't do the AOAs.

Might be removing part of it if something underneath it needs to be worked on?

Bus 503

Quote from: Buzz Killington on January 13, 2016, 12:01:23 PM
Mechanics don't do the AOAs.

Might be removing part of it if something underneath it needs to be worked on?
Quote from: King of Buses on January 13, 2016, 11:30:57 AM
Some mechanics are on a ladder tending to the rear of BUS.540s AOA right now. Maybe a new back design?  (again?)

Bus 540 was in service this morning on a 30.

Barry Drive

Can't rule out 540 having its AOA removed.

King of Buses

One of the guys I know to be a mechanic. The other few I have no clue. They had the orange high vis though. 540 is still in AOA now with those who were working on her now with 397.

Buzz Killington

Go Transit's people, probably

Barry Drive

540 is still in AOA for Haus Models. But there have been a few subtle changes.

And while not strictly on-topic, 397 has a new rear ad for Next Gen.

King of Buses

367 is out of its Vikings AOA

Barry Drive

This week the BBL rear panel on 511 was replaced with an ad for I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here.

Next change due in six weeks.

Bus 503

Bus 432 is now out of its AOA.

Bus 350 is now also out of its AOA.

Barry Drive

No, you're not imaging it - 446 has regained its AOA for Animals Australia.

King of Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on February 28, 2016, 08:57:32 PM

The exact same one as before?

Barry Drive

95% the same. There's one difference from the old ad.

King of Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on February 29, 2016, 09:49:40 PM
95% the same. There's one difference from the old ad.

I'm hoping it is proper fleet number cutouts or better, white fleet numbers over the ad. Won't get my hopes up. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it.

Bus 503

Quote from: Barry Drive on February 28, 2016, 08:57:32 PM

445 is also in AOA advertising Animals Australia. (Or Ban Live Exports)

I also found this link about the Animals Australia advertising campaign:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-15/live-export-animals-australia-advertising-complaint-dismissed/7168534

King of Buses

New (very well thought out) AOA on BUS.463 for Monaro Windows. It covers the side desto!  :P

Barry Drive

Right on schedule, the IACGMOOH ad panel on 511 has been replaced by one which may be a bit more permanent: The Living Room.

King of Buses

581 in AOA for King O'Malley's; different to 414's.

King of Buses

440 is now in a pretty great looking AOA for the Outback Jacks on London Cct.

Buzz Killington

587 and 432 both received new AOAs over the weekend.

Bus 503

460 is now in an AOA for a website.

Barry Drive

There's another new AOA being applied today. Looks to be bus 582.

Update: confirmed - 582 AOA for Canberra Decks.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Bus 503 on May 20, 2016, 08:43:42 PM
460 is now in an AOA for a website.
Since it has not been mentioned and yet to be reflected in fleetwiki, 460's AOA (which I saw just minutes before Bus 503's post) is for curijo.com.au

Busfanatic101

429 is now in AOA for Plush (sofas)

Busfanatic101

341 seen this arvo appears to be in AOA for Baptist care (I only saw one side but the ad covered the whole side from the back all the way to the front)

Barry Drive

Yep. 591 also has AOA for Baptist Care.

Busfanatic101

566 seen in AOA for Jamala Wildlife Lodge at 4:55pm

Bus 503

554 is now in an AOA for the National Zoo and Aquarium and 589 is in an AOA for Carpet One (although it doesn't have an ad on the back).

Busfanatic101

I would assume 554's AOA is the same as 566 as Jamala Lodge is based at the Zoo

Barry Drive

Correction: the two National Zoo / Jamala Lodge AOAs are different. Similar designs though.

Barry Drive

A few weeks late, but Bus 511 has now been changed to advertise Nine instead of Ten. Ads are for Nine News, A Current Affair and Today.

Sylvan Loves Buses

How long is the one on 550 going to be on there for? Cause I'm sure I've seen it on there for at least a year now. (yellow with white ad - can't remember what it was though)

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on July 22, 2016, 06:17:15 AM
How long is the one on 550 going to be on there for? Cause I'm sure I've seen it on there for at least a year now. (yellow with white ad - can't remember what it was though)
However long they pay for I think has always been the answer.
think of how long 414 and 415 have had theirs (and I saw both the other day)

Bus 503

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on July 22, 2016, 06:17:15 AM

Best to consult with the Fleetwiki for those questions — you'll be able to see how long other buses have had their AOA on for and make a judgment from there on how long you think the AOA will last.

Your questions has also been discussed here on this thread — if you scroll up to the top of this thread and the bottom of page 6 of this thread you should be able to find the answer.

Bus 503

448 is now in an AOA for ACTEWAGL.

578 was in a half applied AOA this afternoon for Canberra going 100% Renewable Energy by 2020.

Bus 400

Quote from: Bus 503 on August 05, 2016, 06:24:13 PM
448 is now in an AOA for ACTEWAGL.

578 was in a half applied AOA this afternoon for Canberra going 100% Renewable Energy by 2020.
This AOA on 578 is now complete.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Busfanatic101

Is the house of your dreams passing you by?
Find true love

New red and white AOA for realestate.com.au on BUS339

Busfanatic101

Also 352 operating runs this morning with a half-applied AOA for realestate.com.au- the driver's side and rear have been done but nearside still in action livery.

King of Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on September 02, 2016, 07:13:40 AM
Also 352 operating runs this morning with a half-applied AOA for realestate.com.au- the driver's side and rear have been done but nearside still in action livery.

365 is wearing a partially applied AOA for realestate.com.au this afternoon.

Busfanatic101

And 365's AOA is now complete (as was 352)

Busfanatic101

I note 348 has been marked as having its AOA removed in the last few days on fleetwiki, without a date.
I have a photo of 348 out of AOA on the 12/9/16 if that helps in any way

Busfanatic101

413 had lost its AOA as of this afternoon, I photographed it in AOA on the 14th and I'm pretty sure it was yesterday morning that I was staring at it at Woden in AOA while having to wait for ages for a bus
On a side note, both 360 and 462 are missing quite a bit from the sides

Busfanatic101

And this afternoon 413 had a part-applied new AOA, orangy-yellow. The side windows (both sides) and the strip of panels above the windows have been done (spanning the whole length of the bus and hence an AOA) but the rear side and the panels underneath the side windows are yet to be done. It mentions something about promises but I can't tell what the ad is for, it is probably in the unapplied portion

King of Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on September 21, 2016, 06:32:02 PM
And this afternoon 413 had a part-applied new AOA, orangy-yellow. The side windows (both sides) and the strip of panels above the windows have been done (spanning the whole length of the bus and hence an AOA) but the rear side and the panels underneath the side windows are yet to be done. It mentions something about promises but I can't tell what the ad is for, it is probably in the unapplied portion

It is an AOA for Callida Consulting.

Also, 411 & 428 now in AOA's for Brindabella Christian CLG.

Busfanatic101

New Animals Australia Live Export AOA on one of the Euro 6s which I couldn't get close enough to see the fleet number of.
(7S through civic at around 3:25pm if anyone knows which depot that shift is out of to narrow things down in the meantime)

King of Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on October 24, 2016, 04:24:00 PM
New Animals Australia Live Export AOA on one of the Euro 6s which I couldn't get close enough to see the fleet number of.
(7S through civic at around 3:25pm if anyone knows which depot that shift is out of to narrow things down in the meantime)

Busfanatic101

Thanks KoB. Before someone jumps in and asks or shakes their head in disgust, yes, I did check fleetwiki, and it was not reflected in the fleet summary. When I later noticed it was mentioned on the homepage, I couldn't edit my post.