[QLD] Brisbane Transport, Logan City Bus Service and Park Ridge Transit

Started by Sir Pompously, December 21, 2008, 05:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Pompously

Hello Boys and/or Girls,

Here is my third and final transport related series of my 'vacation' to Queensland. These photos are of Brisbane Transport, Logan City Bus Service and Park Ridge Transit all found in Brisbane.

Park Ridge Transit

A Park Ridge Transit MAN SL252 HiCom approaching Cultural Centre Busway Station. I was shocked to learn (According to Bus Australia Fleetlists) these are 2008 Bodied vehicles, they look so much older! The HiCom body is a Malaysian (Don't quote me on that) Built Body

Logan City Bus Service

Logan City Bus Service 124 CBS is a Volvo B12BLE with a Bustech VST body is seen on a 555 to Logan Hyperdome (Yes they have a Hyperdome). This bus is in the Generic Translink Livery and is one of the newest in the LCBS fleet.

Brisbane Transport

MAN NG313 G1609 with a Custom Coaches CB60EvoII Body is seen on Adelaide Street next to Brisbane Square on a P137. I believe the P137 is Prepay only

Volvo B10M MkIII L484 with a QBB Body is seen entering Cultural Centre Busway Station on a 120 to Garden City

Volvo B10M MkII L408 with a Comeng Body is seen entering Cultural Centre Busway Station with a line up of newer MAN's (MEN?) behind it

A Volvo B10L C574 with an AP Body is seen entering Cultural Centre Busway Station on a 202

MAN NG313 a Gas Powered Artic G1601 is seen entering Cultural Centre Busway Station on a 111. This is the only NG313 artic with the Brisbane Transport 'Kite' on the side

Scania L94UB V674 with a Volgren Body is seen entering Cultural Centre Busway Station on a 345

Volvo B10L C585 with Austral Pacific Orana body is seen at Cultural Centre Busway Station

A Volvo B10L C574 with an AP Body is seen entering Cultural Centre Busway Station on a 202

MAN 18.310 CNG G1425 with Volgren Body is seen on a Parkinson BUZ Service in the afternoon light. This bus has been decorated by Garden City Depot as their yearly Christmas Bus entrant in the Brisbane Transport Christmas bus competition. The winner this year was from Richlands Depot

A Volvo B10M MkIII with an Austral Body is seen on North Quay

A Small line up at Cultural Centre Busway Station with the Brisbane City Skyline, with a mix of old and new buildings along with the Yearly Christmas Tree found in Brisbane Square

Irisbus Rider

Now you're speaking my language, some nice buses there, love the Oranas and those Austral buses.

With that MAN, I highly doubt it's a 2008 body, especially if it's a MAN SL252, which ceased existance in the late 90's. I think someone has made a slight error there, more likely a 1998 body.

Fantastic photos though, lovely variety, and some nice buses there.

Quote from: Sir Pompously on December 21, 2008, 05:30:17 PM

A Park Ridge Transit MAN SL252 HiCom approaching Cultural Centre Busway Station. I was shocked to learn (According to Bus Australia Fleetlists) these are 2008 Bodied vehicles, they look so much older! The HiCom body is a Malaysian (Don't quote me on that) Built Body

The Man Sl252 Where Delivered At the start of 2000

Buzz Killington

Well there you go! Obviously a typo on their fleet list.

Welcome to the forum '037291'! - Just had a look at your website, looks quite nice!