622 - photo needed

Started by Sylvan Loves Buses, January 25, 2017, 06:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvan Loves Buses

I thought it had another week or 2 before it would be, oh well.

Anyway, I need to ask, as it's becoming urgent, and I want to start drawing these buses. You guys, and myself have collected many photos of this really nice new bus, but the one crucial shot that I need, no one has obtained, and I have tried as hard as I can to obtain it, but the best I could get was a shot too far away, or not high enough.

I need a shot of 622s roof, and as of Wodens roof and Belconnen interchange no longer in existence, getting a roof shot of this bus can be quite a challenge. If anyone can manage to get a really good shot of 622s full roof, and send it to me, that would be great! I will keep trying any opportunity that I get - if I manage one before someone else, I'll update it so here.

(This will be the same case when the new AVASS buses come.)

[This thread has been split since it very quickly got off topic.]

Murray

Whats that new bus to the left?

Sylvan Loves Buses

That's a dart with the TC livery, 20 years new ;)

Murray

In Belconnen their are so many places to get a good roof shot, for a wide angle stand on the roof level of the car-park between Westfield Bus Station and Belconnen Community Bus Station and for a close up go onto the bridge between the Churches Centre and the same car-park. I hope I have helped you or the person who your going to force to take the photo.

Bus 400

Quote from: Murray on January 26, 2017, 12:46:38 AM
In Belconnen their are so many places to get a good roof shot, for a wide angle stand on the roof level of the car-park between Westfield Bus Station and Belconnen Community Bus Station and for a close up go onto the bridge between the Churches Centre and the same car-park. I hope I have helped you or the person who your going to force to take the photo.
There is also:
1.the Westfield carpark next to Woden Bus Station
2.Tuggeranong Health Centre (last time I was up there it was the dentist),
3. Rooms at Canberra Hospital & National Capital Private Hospital (if you don't hang around too long there is also the bridge between the two hospitals)
4. Balcony next to the Woden Churches Centre
5. Balcony next to Access Canberra Woden
6. Top of the stairs at Woden Town Square
7. Arboretum
8. Every overpass along Yarra Glen, Adelaide Avenue & Capital Circle
9. Top of the mound at Spence & Fraser West Terminus, looking down from Old Macgregor Terminus
10. Officeworks Belconnen  (for buses in the workshop & sitting at Cohen Street Bus Station)
11. Up a tree designed to take your weight (not many can take weight these days)
12. Carpark next to City West Bus Station

Working 5 days a week, I won't see a blue bus for a while. But I'm bound to photograph many over the 20 odd years they'll be around for. So no reason to stress & make things urgent. Urgent is when the bus is on fire & you have a camera in your hand & everyone is out safe.

Sylvan Loves Buses

I''l keep those in mind, but as there's only one of the blue buses so far, it may make things somewhat difficult to be there when it is - which is why I asked for the assist.

It's just that I want to draw it now, but like I showed above, I went to Belco on that day, but cause I saw it by chance (and I was on foot, not with my bike), I only got a few shots of its front, back and sides as it drove off to a location where I would not be able to get a roof shot; same again yesterday. I actually could've gotten a roof shot of it yesterday by going up the stairs of the new apartment buildings that sit in front of the Interchange, but I found out then that the gate was locked, so nope.

Barry Drive

You all missed the Chandler Street overpass at the exit of BCBS.

Also the Red Bridge over Alinga Street, but that might only be accessible from the ACT Health building if at all.

Murray

Quote from: Bus 400 on January 26, 2017, 08:03:17 AM
There is also:
1.the Westfield carpark next to Woden Bus Station
2.Tuggeranong Health Centre (last time I was up there it was the dentist),
3. Rooms at Canberra Hospital & National Capital Private Hospital (if you don't hang around too long there is also the bridge between the two hospitals)
4. Balcony next to the Woden Churches Centre
5. Balcony next to Access Canberra Woden
6. Top of the stairs at Woden Town Square
7. Arboretum
8. Every overpass along Yarra Glen, Adelaide Avenue & Capital Circle
9. Top of the mound at Spence & Fraser West Terminus, looking down from Old Macgregor Terminus
10. Officeworks Belconnen  (for buses in the workshop & sitting at Cohen Street Bus Station)
11. Up a tree designed to take your weight (not many can take weight these days)
12. Carpark next to City West Bus Station

Working 5 days a week, I won't see a blue bus for a while. But I'm bound to photograph many over the 20 odd years they'll be around for. So no reason to stress & make things urgent. Urgent is when the bus is on fire & you have a camera in your hand & everyone is out safe.

You forgot the carpark across from the Southern Cross Club in Tuggeranong. Their are a lot and if the places we both listed aren't adequate enough you can always take photo's from your helicopter. 

Sylvan Loves Buses

Helicopter? I'm not that wealthy :-[

Bus 400

Quote from: Murray on January 27, 2017, 02:09:33 PM
.... take photo's from your helicopter.

What about a paraglider, sky jumping, crane or even a drone. Or what else is around in the next 20 years.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Barry Drive

A scissor lift / cherry picker should do. Go see Coates Hire.

But to be serious, one location which would be good is the Kings Avenue overpass of Capital Circle.

Could also try Kings Avenue bridge at Bowen Place. Although there's only one bus per hour on weekends.

stephend723

The roof is the same as a freaking cb80

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barry Drive

On what basis do you make that assertion?

It looks like Bustech have mounted the air conditioning pod further back. Also the roof hatches / emergency exits are a different model. So that's two differences

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: stephend723 on January 30, 2017, 10:19:35 AM
The roof is the same as a freaking cb80

Not quite, the aircon pod is in the same place, but the emergency hatches are different. Oh, and the roof is blue, that's not the same either.

Sylvan Loves Buses

All good, i got one

now to finish the drawing >.>

Barry Drive

So. What colour is the roof?

Sylvan Loves Buses

The blue curves over up to the point of the roof - which is white.
What's more interesting (in my point of view) is the shape of the hatches - flat instead of pop-outs like on every other bus.

Busnerd

Bustech have used the flat roof hatches since day one on the VST's, the first batch were either transparent/glass or mirror effect, although I think some operators got annoyed at that, plus passengers could use the mirrored roof hatch to look down other passengers shirts from above!

Bus 400

In case anyone was wondering, here's what the roof likes.