Japanese Transportation Pt II

Started by Snorzac, December 06, 2009, 11:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

With school holidays coming up at the end of the week you might see some of the other photos I have taken in Japan and maybe even the rest of the Cairns photos. anyway....

This is the oldest in service Shinkansen model, the 200 series. It is seen at Hiroshima Station bound for Shin-Osaka on a Kodama (all stops) service.

The newest type of Shinkansen, the N700 is seen at some random Station bound for Hakata on a Nozomi (most rapid) service)

A Hikari railstar is seen on the railstar service to Hakata

time for some Engrish, this is seen near the emergency door release panel on all shinkansen.

Love the look of these, it's a 300 series Shinkansen departing Shin-Osaka on a Hikari (Limited) service to Tokyo.

Your standard JR Kyoto train is seen at Tokufuji Station bound for Kyoto Station on the Nara line.

Another train that JR use on their Kyoto services, this one is seen at Tokufuji Station bound for Kyoto on the Nara Rapid Line

Merv319

Quote from: Metrobus on December 06, 2009, 11:57:52 PM

This is the oldest in service Shinkansen model, the 200 series. It is seen at Hiroshima Station bound for Shin-Osaka on a Kodama (all stops) service.

The newest type of Shinkansen, the N700 is seen at some random Station bound for Hakata on a Nozomi (most rapid) service)

Some corrections; the oldest one is actually 100 series, 200 series is the one looking the same but on a different Shinkansen Line  :)
The Shinkansen on the second pic is a normal 700. N700 has a little bit different face  ;)

King of Buses

Quote from: Metrobus on December 06, 2009, 11:57:52 PM

time for some Engrish, this is seen near the emergency door release panel on all shinkansen.
I can read some of it. Just not enough to know what it says.

Buzz Killington

Some things just don't translate well.

I mean, it's obvious to me what it means but it suffers from what is presumably a literal translation.

Sir Pompously

The best two I have found were on a pig looking train called a 787 series ("Relay Tsubame") which connected with the Kyushu Shinkansen when it was split in two (It is now joined with the JR West Network at Hakata, Fukuoka). I have posted these, but for those that have not seen them: