CDC 2 door growth bus Scania K230UB 9948

Started by ScaniaDriver, December 07, 2009, 10:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScaniaDriver

Last Friday afternoon I had to rush from Brookvale to Girraween (one work to another) in peak hour traffic which took 1.5 hours and a lot of stress. But it was worth it...getting to the depot and my boss surprising me with a brand new K230UB 2 door Scania! It was delivered the night before and only had 415km on the odometer.

I was the 2nd driver to drive it. I went to Olympic Park and was standby for the V8 supercars. Later that night, I operated a trip on route 5B to Rouse Hill via Windsor Rd, Baulkham Hills, Norwest Blvd, Bella Vista and the T-way.

And yes, I got to use the rear door and people did get off using the rear door hehe  ;D

Performance was similar to the single door K230UB Scanias I've driven at TransdevTSL. The CDC ones have electronic sun shade operations, the retarder of course can't be turned off and the LED lights turn on when the park and head lights are off. At CDC, lights must constantly be on and in the single door Scanias, turning the dial on the dash does not turn them off. Apparently it overheats some circuits so the LEDs were brought in so during the day, they can be on and the headlights won't be on non stop.

And it goes without saying, it was an awesome beast to drive. Loved the new bus smell too.

Photo 1. at Olympic Park Wharf
Photo 2. at the layup area
Photos 3 & 4. at Rouse Hill
Photo 5. at the depot

Norbert

Busnerd

Im loving all these new 'Growers' (Growth Buses) they look very nice, not just the CDC one's but all the operators, it's good to see them all getting some nice new things, especially PB who have such a terrible looking fleet.

Irisbus Rider

Wow, I hope it looks that good after a few weeks on the road!

Excellent shots, simply stunning, and pleased to hear you got 9948!

Thanks for sharing the photos and the story.

ScaniaDriver

Thanks for the comments guys. I know the main difference is just that extra door but they make these Ken, I mean "grower" Growth buses, look that much better  ;D

CNG