Very out of date signage

Started by 743, November 16, 2010, 09:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apart from the panels on the ends of City Bus Station shelters that occasionally peel off to reveal routes of yesteryear, these are the only two signs I have seen that include information way past its use by date.

Does anyone know of any others? I've got a fair (and/or sad) interest in signage so would appreciate any info  :)

Kingston - Eyre St nr Wentworth Ave

Constitution Ave opp Convention Centre

Bus 400

Last year there was an old sign at the Aboriginal Cultural Centre, when the old Route 904 stopped there.

Another one was on Gundaroo Drive near the Giraland roundabout, the bus stop sign had the Route 500 on the bus stop sign.

smitho

Gee, I go past that Constitution Ave sign so often but have never taken in how out of date it is...a candidate for the CMAG!

Of course, there are heaps of bus stop signs in the outer suburbs referring to the former "Commuter Express" services...

Irisbus Rider

Another is the semi covered sign on Wentworth Avenue, just opposite the Railway Station in the northbound lane; It states the 268/269 stops there. This is still visible beneath the yellow sticker.

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on November 17, 2010, 12:46:04 AM
Another is the semi covered sign on Wentworth Avenue, just opposite the Railway Station in the northbound lane; It states the 268/269 stops there. This is still visible beneath the yellow sticker.
Ah yes, I was forgetting that one, but I'd never been close enough to see what numbers are under the sticker. Thanks, Mr. Rider!